Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problems With Conception Post-op

So I've heard all about those who were unable to get pregnant before surgery and who's cycle was completely off pre surgery but what about those who've had the opposite occur. I was like clock work pre surgery and have 3 children already. However, post op I've been having a 60 day cycle and was readingthat with such a long cycle I am likely not even ovulating. Anyone else experience this?

Also for those who have gotten pregnant post-op what's your supplement and workout regiment like?

Thx for the input :)

I'm only 2 months post op so I'm not trying to concieve but, have you tried using an at home ovulation kit? They're relatively inexpensive and you can purchase at most drug stores.

I have PCOS before surgery my cycles were 40 days, now they are 31 days...we are going to start trying for number two in about 6 months. My dr said everything supplement wise stays the same but I ADD a prenatal. I confirmed that with my OB too...nutritionist said to contact her when I get pregnant cause some things might change

for me I had none at all for over 7 years once I had the op and my body was flooded with stored hormones from my fat cells it triggered them within the first month.

they were spotty sometimes 2 in a month some times long heavy ones it was like my body was making up for lost time lol

they also moved around a hell of a lot its only been the past 4 months that they have settled down and I could set my watch by them.

you might be having interruptions to normal due to all the extra hormones being released into your body and its just trying to process them and settle down and get back to normal.

Hmm...that actually makes a lot of sense, I hadn't even thought of that. As I said I was like clock work before surgery and now I am still like clock work just 60 full days apart. I'd really like to go back to normal because I'd like to have a couple more in all honesty.

you should be fine once your body gets to grips with all the extra hormones, its like your jabbing your self with them every time you lose weight so it throws everything out of whack.

part of why I was approved for this op was because I was being tested for womb cancer and I was coming up borderline on every biopsy when I told them I was in the process of applying for wls they told me this would help me greatly as the only treatment is to flood you with hormones and hope it reverses the mutation of the cells (which are actually starved of what they need to be healthy when you don't have periods or produce the right hormones at least 4 times a year) and if that doesn't work its a hysterectomy as once its turned full blown if hormones don't help then nothing they can do and its aggressive.

I know about the hormone release from the stored fat cells due to that issue and dealing with it before and after the op!

I am fully normal no mutations healthy and was 4 months after the op with my own stored hormones doing the job instead of them injecting me with them.

also explains the mood swings in the first few months of the op again something not told to us lol

Wow, that's all very interesting!! I really should read up more on the effects of extreme weight loss and hormones.