Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone feel dizzy post op

I feel dizzy a lot. It seems that when I get up I'm always getting dizzy while I walk like I'm walking and I can't see ahead of me and sometimes i start shaking. I have to stop walking and stand still for just a few seconds and then I'm fine. This has already happened about 6 times today. I'm 15 months post op and this has been happening since early on post op.

More Water and more food, I would suggest.

Although I'm probably going to get flayed for this - but I get less dizzy spells if I have more Protein, more Water and dare I say it - carbohydrates...

As with all these things that can be down to the individual; if you're sincerely worried about it, go and have a chat with your doctor.

Sorry you feel awful and hope it gets better soon.

Thanks I have tried the dr route and the dr don't know why maybe I need to go back to the surgeon. My pulse has been really high since surgery so I was thinking that might be why and been seeing a cardiologist but he can't figure out why. I'm on a really low carb diet like the only carbs I have is in my shakes. I will try increasing them and see if it works!!

I would. Do a bit of food experimentation and see if things alter.

Sometimes if you're overdoing the B12, it can cause shakes and things. I remember reading somewhere in an academic journal that raised blood pressure and fluttering heart beats can happen post-sleeve. Consequently, when I started getting the dizzy spells, I started altering my Vitamins and swapping out the foods a bit. It helped.

Best of luck :)

15 months since post op and 6 times today is probably not something normal or routine. Hindsight is not much good when it comes to warning signs. I'd call or go in and see your PCP.

More Water and more food, I would suggest.

Although I'm probably going to get flayed for this - but I get less dizzy spells if I have more Protein, more Water and dare I say it - carbohydrates...

As with all these things that can be down to the individual; if you're sincerely worried about it, go and have a chat with your doctor.

Sorry you feel awful and hope it gets better soon.

I've found the same thing as Madam. Once I up those 3 together the dizzy spells go away for me.

When I push myself with exercise I do get a little dizzy. I think for me it may be my Bp meds which I may not need anymore and the 800 calories I am on. I do incorporate some carbs in my diet. My diet usually consist of 70 G Protein, 80 grams of carbs , and 20 grams of fat. I usually don't add fat to my foods.. The fat comes from what is in the foods I eat.. Like salmon, eggs, beef, catfish, etc.

70 G Protein x 4 calories per grams =. 280 calories

80 g carbs x 4 cal per gram =. 320 calories

20 grams fat x 9 cal per gram. = 180 calories

Were you hypoglycemic by an chance...I think this is something that dr's should look into because I have been told some times my blood pressure is low but since I have put on about 20lbs in last 5 months I have been told its getting kinda high...not sure but another thing for us to be cautious of

Were you hypoglycemic by an chance...I think this is something that dr's should look into because I have been told some times my blood pressure is low but since I have put on about 20lbs in last 5 months I have been told its getting kinda high...not sure but another thing for us to be cautious of

No I've never had any medical issues