Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone know what their surgeon fees were?

I have to pay 20% of my surgeon fees and I would like to prepare myself with a roundabout number before I get my bill. I know every surgeon is different so possibly can you also say where you are from and where your surgery was done. I'm just curious and I will have to call Monday to find out. I never asked for some reason and I have no idea why...

Hi, had mine done in Indiana. I got the bill from the hospital and just for surgery the docs fees were $3,000. My fills and are not included. They un about $225 a fill. Hope this helps.

My surgeon charged $10,000. I'm in NYC and I suspect based on what Carmen wrote, the fees may be more depending on where you live. I'm not sure how much the fills are...I haven't had any yet. Oh, and don't forget the hospital fees...which are separate from the surgery fees. I have no idea what that cost but my out of pocket I remember...it was $800+.

I don't know if its any help but I am based in Dubai and over here insurance doesn;t cover obesity surgeries.I paid Dhs 28000(twenty eight thousand dirhams ) for the surgery and hospital stay and will be paying for my fills but don't know how much as Im still post op day 6.

Surgeon fees are subject to an allowable by the insurance company. Some docs will charge $10K but then the insurer will only allow $1600-$3000. So, 20% should be around $320-$600. The surgeon usually accepts the allowable by the insurer and of course, your co-pay?

tmf

Surgeon fees are subject to an allowable by the insurance company. Some docs will charge $10K but then the insurer will only allow $1600-$3000. So, 20% should be around $320-$600. The surgeon usually accepts the allowable by the insurer and of course, your co-pay?

tmf

ahhh...you're right. I wasn't thinking in terms of usual and customary charges.

My surgeon charged $10,000. I'm in NYC and I suspect based on what Carmen wrote, the fees may be more depending on where you live. I'm not sure how much the fills are...I haven't had any yet. Oh, and don't forget the hospital fees...which are separate from the surgery fees. I have no idea what that cost but my out of pocket I remember...it was $800+.

luckily I work at and have insurance through the hospital it was performed at so I only have to pay 20% of the dr fees

I paid $10K cash in Houston. And that includes all fills and maintenance for a year.

Not sure if I know the difference

I what you're asking...

My total bill from the hospital looks like the billed my insurance about $42,000. I think my surgeon charged about another $5000?? My total out of pocket due to my 20% and getting close to my max out of pocket deductible beating the end of the year I ended up only paying like $350 out of pocket for everything. Follow up fills are on my own.

Surgeon charged $2931

Surgery center charged $28612

Anesthesiologist charged $1826

Hope that helps. :)

I paid $10K cash in Houston. And that includes all fills and maintenance for a year.

for JUST the surgeons fees!?!? That WAS my question

Saw this while I was able to log into Cigna

From my surgeon on my surgery date:

Billed: $5000

Cigna payed (the negotiated reduced amount): $1,054

I don't know if you'll qualify for the negotiated reduced rate that insurance has to pay or the full amount they tried to bill.

Sorry. I misunderstood. I paid cash and never received an itemized bill.

I don't know if its any help but I am based in Dubai and over here insurance doesn;t cover obesity surgeries.I paid Dhs 28000(twenty eight thousand dirhams ) for the surgery and hospital stay and will be paying for my fills but don't know how much as Im still post op day 6.

Hi Pinkylaty - I am also based in Dubai. How did you find the surgery? Would be great to keep in touch with another bandster in Dubai.

I'm from Chicago, and I self paid. Total was $13,000. $10,000 for the clinic, $2,400 for the surgeon, and $600 for the anesthesiologist. 12 months of fills and followups included.