Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to take vitamins after surgery

Hello

they should let you know you can get the Vitamins in chewable or liquid..... and then if your on any medicines you can ask your pharmists if their crushable or come in liquid for after surgery ............ hope that helps

I'm having gastric bypass in 3 months . I'm worried about all the Vitamins I have to take. I don't take pills well. I have a bad gag reflex any hints.

Most of the vitamins you will need after surgery will be chewable, so shouldn't be too bad with gag reflex.

I am on the pre op diet and I put my bottled shake in my Bullit with ice and blend it, you can put your Vitamins in that and blend as well.

<p>I am on the pre op diet and I put my bottled shake in my Bullit with ice and blend it, you can put your Vitamins in that and blend as well.</p>

my nutritionist said if you can take them whole to crush them with a pill crusher but not to put them in my shakes he said to put it on yogurt

Mine said it was ok to put them in shakes!! LOL. Isn't that funny???

my nutritionist said if you can take them whole to crush them with a pill crusher but not to put them in my shakes he said to put it on yogurt

Actually it was the calcium citrate and my shakes have Iron and the iron and Calcium don't absorb together. I just ordered a bunch of chewable calcium I couldn't take the pill crushing of those horse pills! I ordered the Bariatric Advantage chewy Carmel's and Peanut Butter chocolate, and. Celebrate chewable calcium in fruit flavors. Our postoperative class gave samples and they are tasty!

Before my chewables came in, I crushed a Calcium and put it in yogurt and it was disgusting.......it ruined my greek yogurt LOL

My dr said to not start Vitamins until 1 month post op and by then I should be able to swallow a whole pill no problem.

My dr said to not start Vitamins until 1 month post op and by then I should be able to swallow a whole pill no problem.

Oh wow mine has us start back on vitamins on day 8 except for b50 that was day 15 Protein was day 8 also. So many different stages with everyone!

Before my chewables came in, I crushed a Calcium and put it in yogurt and it was disgusting.......it ruined my greek yogurt LOL

I just got my order today with all my chewable calcium! But I had been crushing 2 horse pills and put it in sugar free jello...but yeah yuck like eating drywall!

I bought liquid every for first 2 months

I got everything chewable or small tablets that I'll crush up and add to 1oz of my Protein Shake about 4 times a day.

If you go to a specialty Vitamin store, they should have everything you need to take in a chewable form. If not they can order it for you..

If your are hinting towards having chewable, then I would strongly advise against it. Chewable often contain fillers that cause allergies and nausea. I suffered severe nausea when I used to take chewable from Bariatric Advantage. I tried various other brands but the end results were the same. I decided to consult a nut, who advised me to change to fast dissolving capsules. I searched for different brands and settled on Vita4Life. I have been taking gastric bypass Vitamins from vita4life and have no complaints for the past two years. My labs also look great.