Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A days diet after VSG- Can anyone give examples?

Hi everyone

As a pre-op I am curious to know exactly what you post-op'ers are eating on a daily basis. Would be very thankful if you experienced sleevers could give examples of a typical daily food intake (types of food and how much). I am interested to know what is allowed/healthy in all of the post-op diet stages! Thank you very much. :-)

Hello,

I'm in the soft & moist food stage, 3 weeks post op. Here's a sample of my day, not including liquids (which I seem to not get enough of). This will be my meal plan for the next 3 weeks.

Breakfast - 1/4 - 1/2 cup of egg whites, 1 tablespoon of crumbled feta cheese

lunch - 1/4 cup tuna fish mixed in a blender with 2 tablespoons of low fat mayo & vinegar (helps it go down easier/smoother)

2 oz of 2% cottage cheese

dinner - (still trying to figure this one out) 2 oz of cooked flounder w/ lemon & melted/shredded cheese on top

Basically, I'm to eat 1/4-1/2 cup of certain soft Protein foods 3 x day. Each meal should come to 14g of Protein. If it doesn't, I can add a protein snack (like Pure Protein, protein bars) or a Protein shake.

Good luck!

I'm at 12 weeks right now - here's a typical day for me:

Breakfast -

Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patty
scrambled egg topped w/ shredded cheese

snack -

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein shake w/ 1/4 cup berries

lunch -

4 slices of lunch meat (1 1/2 to 2 ounces) wrapped w/ sharp cheddar cheese (1/2 to 1 ounce)

Snack -

Unjury Protein Shake

dinner -

2-3 ounces of chicken or beef

a few bites of cooked broccoli

Snack -

Health Wise hot chocolate

@ 8 months post-op:

B: 3oz oatmeal

L: omelette- 1egg w/ cheese & sliced turkey

S: Quest Protein bar

D: 3 oz chicken w/ green Beans

S: 1/2 an apple and 2 tbsp Peanut Butter

I'm over six months out so am out of soft foods but still have restrictions on what I eat and how much, as I am still in weight loss mode. My basic rules from my program are:

No grains, no starchy veggies, no refined sugar. Three small meals per day, no snacking in between except for Protein shakes or calorie-free liquids.< /p>

Here's some sample menus from the past couple of days:

Day 1

Breakfast: 1/2 container Greek yogurt with 1 T. PB2 stirred in

Lunch: 1.25 oz sliced deli roast beef, 15 grams (approx. 2 tablespoons) roasted edamame, 1 babybel lite cheese

Dinner: 2 oz. Trader Joe's marinated chipotle chicken, 1/4 cup green Beans, 2 prunes, 20 grams sweet & spicy pecans.

Snacks: iced coffee Protein shake, hot chocolate Protein Shake

Day 2

Breakfast: 1/3 cup onion & garlic lentils with 1.5 oz grilled salmon mixed in

Lunch: swiss cheese & asparagus omelet (made with 1 egg + 1.5 tablespoons egg whites, 2 chopped thin asparagus spears, 1 T. shredded swiss cheese)

Dinner: 2 oz. braised lamb (leftovers from restaurant dinner the night before), 1 oz. cauliflower "rice."

Snacks: same as day 1.

If you haven't yet, I strongly recommend setting up a myfitnesspal.com account and getting a bunch of sleever friends with open diaries. That's a great way to learn about what other people are eating as they progress through weight loss and into maintenance.

Good luck to you!

Yesterday I ate:

B - 1 whole egg + 3 T. egg whites made into an omelet w/mushrooms, cheese, spinach (couldn't eat the whole thing)

L - 1 oz. tuna mixed with 2 T. cottage cheese and a slice of avocado

D - 1.8 oz. beef tenderloin, 4 mushrooms, 1/4 C. green Beans

S - 4 brown rice triscuits w/4 slices pepperoni and 2 T. shredded cheese + 10 oz. Isopure zero carb drink.

62 g. Protein, 32 carbs, 619 calories

I'm 5 mos. post op. I have no restrictions at this point from my NUT. Im allowed everything, there was no absolutely never again ruled...which works well for me. Here is a typical day for me

B: yoplait light-very cherry (sometimes I can get a whole one down, but sometimes I only manage 1/2 of it)

L: (frozen food) Amy's organic cheese enchilada (meal comes with Beans and corn. I only eat the enchilada and maybe 1 bite of the beans)

S: 1/2 serving Beef Jerky, 1 small handful of almonds

D: (whatever my family has!!) tacos-I can eat one taco with about 2oz. of meat, cheese, spinach, 2 teaspoons light sour cream, 2T of salsa. I usually have a couple tablespoons of refrained Beans mixed with a T or 2 of salsa.

Another dinner Spaghetti (I take about 7-10 thin spaghetti noodles, 1/2 c. Heart smart Pasta sauce (or chunky garden) with ground beef and green peppers added to it, and a serving of Parmesan cheese on top. I tried a bite of garlic bread once, but it filled me up too much, so I probably wont eat Garlic bread again. (I used to eat a LOT of garlic bread pre op lol)

Another dinner pizza. I can't stomach the crust on most pizza anymore. I can only handle thin crust pizza. I can tolerate any toppings, it just has to be on a thin crust. I can eat 1.5 pieces of a medium on a heavy eating day, and sometimes I only tolerate 3/4 of a piece.

S: 1/2c. Diced cucumber, 2T. croutons, 1/8c. mozzarella cheese, 1 teaspoon Light ranch, 1T light Italian

How often do you guys eat after surgery? Is it 3 hours between meals or more?

I'm 12 weeks now - It depends on what I take in, but it's about every 2-3 hours.

My Breakfast (egg w/ cheese and a turkey sausage) keeps me filled up for about 3 hours. My shake w/ fruit doesn't last as long, maybe and hour or two.

One thing you have to distinguish post-op is if you're truly feeling hunger or if it's acid disguised as hunger.

I eat twice a day lunch and dinner and eat whatever I want, no restrictions. Eating is different after surgery, you don't have the cravings and if u do you can only eat very little...best thing ever

6 months out: breakfast 2 morningstar sausage patties; snack: polly-o string cheese; lunch dannon light & fit 2x Protein Greek yogurt with hemp hearts; snack nuts or cottage cheese; dinner 1/2 avocado with salt, pepper and cumin, 2 wedges artisanal cheese and 5 olives; dessert: dark chocolate covered roasted edamame. That's the ideal day. I'd love to get more veggies on the regular but they usually come via a vegan Protein Shake.< /p>

I get hungry about every 3 hours. I try to eat more at lunch and dinner. For my Breakfast and Snacks I don't eat too much.

Thanks for the advice about the open diaries! That will be very helpful for inspiration, I live in Scandinavia where we have different food products, but it's good to see what others are eating ;)

I'm over six months out so am out of soft foods but still have restrictions on what I eat and how much, as I am still in weight loss mode. My basic rules from my program are:

No grains, no starchy veggies, no refined sugar. Three small meals per day, no snacking in between except for Protein shakes or calorie-free liquids.

Here's some sample menus from the past couple of days:

Day 1

Breakfast: 1/2 container Greek yogurt with 1 T. PB2 stirred in

Lunch: 1.25 oz sliced deli roast beef, 15 grams (approx. 2 tablespoons) roasted edamame, 1 babybel lite cheese

Dinner: 2 oz. Trader Joe's marinated chipotle chicken, 1/4 cup green Beans, 2 prunes, 20 grams sweet & spicy pecans.

Snacks: iced coffee Protein shake, hot chocolate Protein Shake

Day 2

Breakfast: 1/3 cup onion & garlic lentils with 1.5 oz grilled salmon mixed in

Lunch: swiss cheese & asparagus omelet (made with 1 egg + 1.5 tablespoons egg whites, 2 chopped thin asparagus spears, 1 T. shredded swiss cheese)

Dinner: 2 oz. braised lamb (leftovers from restaurant dinner the night before), 1 oz. cauliflower "rice."

Snacks: same as day 1.

If you haven't yet, I strongly recommend setting up a myfitnesspal.com account and getting a bunch of sleever friends with open diaries. That's a great way to learn about what other people are eating as they progress through weight loss and into maintenance.

Good luck to you!

Feel free to add me on my fitness pal.

My user name is angjet

I keep my food diary open for anyone to see. Viewing others has really helped me find good food choice ideas.

Here's a typical day's food for me. I've been eating pretty much this amount everyday since my 1 year surgerversary. :-)