Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Everyone....it's been awhile since I've been on here, but figured I would check in...Had my RNY surgery 2.27.14 and I'm now down 91 pounds. Dr. Khaitan and her team at University Hospitals have been great!! I'm going in for my next follow up in August, and I hope that I can hit the 100 pound loss mark!!

It sounds like everyone is doing phenominal...no matter where you are in your journey...keep up the great work!!

Great job!! You also keep up the great work. Sounds like your doing great sand on the right path!!

Here are the Riverside dates for the remainder of the year!!! :) All meetings are at 5:30 pm on the dates listed below!

Location: McConnell Heart Health Center - Lower level, classrooms A & B

3773 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43214

(McConnell Heart Health Center is NOT in the hospital, it's past it coming off of 315.)

August 19 - Behavior: Mindful Eating

September 2 - Dietary: Social/Restaurant Dining

September 16 - Exercise II

October 21 - Dietary: Recipe Swap

November 18 - Integrated Session: Surviving the Holidays

December 2 - Open Forum

December 16 - Nursing: Managing Your Health

I can't believe I'm just now seeing this. Thank you *so* much, I really do appreciate it. I'm going to take advantage of these.

I'm in Cleveland. I will have my surgery in February. I am going through the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Brethauer is my surgeon. I am not sure which procedure yet. I want the sleeve but I think with my crazy sweet tooth that the RNY would be more successful.

I'm in Cleveland. I will have my surgery in February. I am going through the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Brethauer is my surgeon. I am not sure which procedure yet. I want the sleeve but I think with my crazy sweet tooth that the RNY would be more successful.

That might be a better choice NewJen, but whichever surgery you choose, I wish you the best of luck.

Jen-where are you at? I'm in cleveland also!!! My surgeon is Schauer. I am looking at December surgery. It's nice to meet people in the same area at the same hospital!! How many months of preop do you have?

Jen-where are you at? I'm in cleveland also!!! My surgeon is Schauer. I am looking at December surgery. It's nice to meet people in the same area at the same hospital!! How many months of preop do you have?

Dr. Schauer was great!!!! Best of luck to you.

Hi!! I live in the Parma area and I work in Bedford. Going to the Clinic has been a pain because of the drive and the parking but I keep pushing myself. Nothing worth having is easy, right? I have 6 months preop so I will finish up in December. Approval is right after, takes about a month. Then surgery probably in January or February. Where are you from?

It's no nice to see all these clevelanders on here! I'm going to SVCH downtown but I hear Cleveland clinic is wonderful as well!

Hi!! I live in the Parma area and I work in Bedford. Going to the Clinic has been a pain because of the drive and the parking but I keep pushing myself. Nothing worth having is easy, right? I have 6 months preop so I will finish up in December. Approval is right after, takes about a month. Then surgery probably in January or February. Where are you from?

OMG Jen! I am in Parma also!! I had six months and will finish that up this month on the 15th with my nutritionist. But I am starting nursing school the end of this month and I can't take time off so I am going to schedule it when I am on winter break!

I am having a hard time...with no one to talk to about what I am going through! My friends are only half supportive! Husband is supportive completely but still has fears about me leaving him afterwards!

I would love to chat and since we are so close maybe we could walk and workout together! Being so close in our journey it would be wonderful to have someone to talk to!!!

OMG Jen! I am in Parma also!! I had six months and will finish that up this month on the 15th with my nutritionist. But I am starting nursing school the end of this month and I can't take time off so I am going to schedule it when I am on winter break!

I am having a hard time...with no one to talk to about what I am going through! My friends are only half supportive! Husband is supportive completely but still has fears about me leaving him afterwards!

I would love to chat and since we are so close maybe we could walk and workout together! Being so close in our journey it would be wonderful to have someone to talk to!!!

That is so crazy that you are in Parma too!! I'm so sorry you're having a hard time with people not being supportive. Luckily I have my husband and my mom who have been very supportive. My boss and my coworker have also been very supportive so I feel very lucky. I would love to get together and talk. Even though I have support it would be nice to actually go through the process with someone.I am currently at 330. But they want me to lose 20 pounds before surgery. Right now I am in a period where I seem to be eating more instead of losing because I keep thinking about everything I can't eat after surgery. My therapist suggested that I read a book on binge eating so I started that book and hope it helps. I have been traveling a lot for work right now. This week I am in Milford Connecticut. The travel is kind of hard for me. And I think even more so after surgery because of the limitations on what I will be able to eat.What is your schedule like? Are you currently working?

If there is anyone here that had surgery in columbus @ mt. Carmel west...dr. Phillip Price had to retire for health reasons...very sad, great surgeon even better person!

Groveport OHIO here. Getting my surgery done by Dr. Custer in Lancaster. don't have a date yet, as I am just starting my journey. I already had my consultation and have my psych evaluation, dietitian appointment, and exercise appointment on the 21st of this month. Will be done with all appointments and classes by September 30th then will get submitted to insurance. I can't wait. Good luck to everyone.

Jenn B., have you had your appt with Dr. Zee yet? He may have a few more things for you to take care of. I had to see a Cardiologist, Vascular Dr., and get a colonoscopy. I had to have an echocardiogram before I could get cardiology clearance. He's very thorough. But, you'll love everybody in the office! Hopefully you won't have to jump through these hoops and everything goes according to plan for you.

No I have my appointment with him on September 21 so I'll let you know what happens.