Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Surgery!

Today is day 2 of my 1wk pre-op liquid diet. This is NOT FUN. But I am not going to complain, the countdown is on and I am so thankful for this! Been thinking about and looking for updates for all those who had surgery today. I just know all are well!

<p>Today is day 2 of my 1wk pre-op liquid diet. This is NOT FUN. But I am not going to complain, the countdown is on and I am so thankful for this! Been thinking about and looking for updates for all those who had surgery today. I just know all are well!</p>

Haha. Yes not fun I'm on day five. It gets better everyday. Just prepping us for after our surgeries next week. Mine is Monday. ????????

Had my surgery this morning. I am so hyper. Found out that I was given more than enough anesthesia and thwy had to reverse it. I tell you what I was in recovery for 3 hours side affect of the reverse was my blood pressure was high so they were monitoring it. Positive affect possibly very little pain... like 0-1. I am one of the lucky onrs, the nurses are saying. Had one slight case of nausea when I went to the bathroom for the first time but it went away at first by relaxing my mind... so they gave me meds just in case. It's about 12 hours since my surgery I cant sleep still hyped but I am not complaining. Went walking around the floor. Such a relief for now. Hope everyone else is doing well. I am very thirsty not hungry at all. That sponge lollipop is my favorite friend use it about every 10-20 minutes to keep my lips moist. My hospital gave me lip balm, I didn't even think of that so those of you who haven't had surgery yet should consider bringing some.

Thanks for all the support.

I will check back later.

Edited by Pookela

On day 10 of my liquid diet! Surgery is Monday... So excited! First 2 days of liquid were hard day 3 on was downhill from there. Im on a full liquid I don't get one meal a day :) 4 boost shakes and Water.< /p>

I have been craving a salad the entire time though. Really bad!!! Just loaded with veggies... Mmmm

On day 10 of my liquid diet! Surgery is Monday... So excited! First 2 days of liquid were hard day 3 on was downhill from there. Im on a full liquid I don't get one meal a day :) 4 boost shakes and Water.< /p>

I'm only on day 3 of my pre-op diet.. I can have cream Soups, sugar free pudding, juice, skim milk, popsicles, low cal gatorade, Protein Shakes, tea and coffee... In two days I have grown quite fond of cream of chicken, if you can believe that. I think you kind of get tired of all the sweet stuff after a while . Hope all goes well for you. Can't wait til I'm on day 10 of this diet.

I'm only on day 3 of my pre-op diet.. I can have cream Soups, sugar free pudding, juice, skim milk, popsicles, low cal gatorade, Protein Shakes, tea and coffee... In two days I have grown quite fond of cream of chicken, if you can believe that. I think you kind of get tired of all the sweet stuff after a while . Hope all goes well for you. Can't wait til I'm on day 10 of this diet.

Day 8 and struggling through! I would kill for some chicken soup! Dr says only Protein shakes.

We are getting closer and closer. I have my final pre-op appt tomorrow. Then Monday our big day. So excited!!!????

I'm home! Worst part was the ride home! Oh the pot holes. Each day it got easier to get my fluids in. Good luck to all ...see you guys on the losers bench!

Ok so I'm kind of freaking out! I'm exactly one week post op. and yesterday my 2 year old was coming down the stairs, I was in front of her holding he hand when she let go and leaped into my arms. Of course I had no choice but to catch her. It hurt my belly. Now I'm freaking out thinking I may have caused a hernia.

So I guess my question is...for those of you who are post op, what was your abdominal pain like at 1 week out?

Ok so I'm kind of freaking out! I'm exactly one week post op. and yesterday my 2 year old was coming down the stairs, I was in front of her holding he hand when she let go and leaped into my arms. Of course I had no choice but to catch her. It hurt my belly. Now I'm freaking out thinking I may have caused a hernia. So I guess my question is...for those of you who are post op, what was your abdominal pain like at 1 week out?

Casey, you may wanna ask in some of the post op threads. I hope you are ok, I have a 2yr grand child and she almost jumped on my in the hospital.

Ok so I'm kind of freaking out! I'm exactly one week post op. and yesterday my 2 year old was coming down the stairs, I was in front of her holding he hand when she let go and leaped into my arms. Of course I had no choice but to catch her. It hurt my belly. Now I'm freaking out thinking I may have caused a hernia. So I guess my question is...for those of you who are post op, what was your abdominal pain like at 1 week out?

Casey, you may wanna ask in some of the post op threads. I hope you are ok, I have a 2yr grand child and she almost jumped on my in the hospital.
Thank you for the response Blue. I thought I would check here first since it's fresh in people's minds. You tend to forget about pain after time passes. It's a good suggestion though, I think I'll try that too. Glad to see your home and doing well! I wish you continued success!

Ok so I'm kind of freaking out! I'm exactly one week post op. and yesterday my 2 year old was coming down the stairs, I was in front of her holding he hand when she let go and leaped into my arms. Of course I had no choice but to catch her. It hurt my belly. Now I'm freaking out thinking I may have caused a hernia.

So I guess my question is...for those of you who are post op, what was your abdominal pain like at 1 week out?

Today makes one week post op for me and my tummy still hurts me . My incisions are healed but most of my pain feels like gas or bloating pain.