Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Surgery!

I'm on the hmr 800 Cal diet right now and weigh back in tomorrow morning. Then have my preoperative ekg on Friday with all my blood tests. I hope when this is all over it stops all the scary health issues that have happened in the past year. Panic attacks and now a cpap.. fear I had a heart attack... I'm excited and scared. I guess that's normal right?

Praying everyone has a safe surgery and quick recovery. My surgery is 3-31 and I am very excited. I went for my preoperative testing/bloodwork today (eka, abg,chest xray, etc).. the abg hurt! They stuck me 3 times, thankfully they got enough blood the 3rd try. Did any of you experience pain afterwards? It wasn't unbearable but more pain than I expected. Also, those of you who have had surgery, is there additional testing required the day of surgery or was this it for testing?

Praying everyone has a safe surgery and quick recovery. My surgery is 3-31 and I am very excited. I went for my preoperative testing/bloodwork today (eka, abg,chest xray, etc).. the abg hurt! They stuck me 3 times, thankfully they got enough blood the 3rd try. Did any of you experience pain afterwards? It wasn't unbearable but more pain than I expected. Also, those of you who have had surgery, is there additional testing required the day of surgery or was this it for testing?

The only testing I had the day of surgery was a urine test for pregnancy.

Surgery wise, I stopped taking pain meds after 2 days. The only time I have discomfort is when I try to sleep on my side. So I have resorted to still sleeping in my recliner so that I can't roll on my side or tummy.

I'll be 5 days out tomorrow. After almost 3 weeks on liquids, I can't wait to get to the pureed stage! Real food! Hahaha

Good luck with surgery and your new life!!

The only testing I had the day of surgery was a urine test for pregnancy.

Surgery wise, I stopped taking pain meds after 2 days. The only time I have discomfort is when I try to sleep on my side. So I have resorted to still sleeping in my recliner so that I can't roll on my side or tummy.

I'll be 5 days out tomorrow. After almost 3 weeks on liquids, I can't wait to get to the pureed stage! Real food! Hahaha

Good luck with surgery and your new life!!

Thank you!

I have my surgery next tues. On the 25th. I'm scared and excited..Both at the same time. But I am so ready for all my health issues to subside.

i was amazed at my medical clearance appt with my PCP when she told me that the night before the surgery was the last time I'd have to take my high cholesterol and diabetes meds. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about amazing. Next and last it the high blood pressure.

I've had horrible panic attacks false heartattacks...and bulging disks... and now use a cpap and on diabetic meds...hyperthyroidism and high blood pressure. Actually, more meds than I have ever been on in the past year.

I'm excited and scared both at the same time. For the past week i have been on a strict 800 calorie diet with 30 or more physical activity and must consume 64 oz of Water a day. Is that what everyone else has had to do?

Edited by almostcrushed2002

Hi all! Doing well, pain isn't bad..used pump once. Took a couple of laps around the ward, little gassy,worst thing is the dry mouth and throat. I will check back in later. Thank you to everyone ;-)

Hi all! Doing well, pain isn't bad..used pump once. Took a couple of laps around the ward, little gassy,worst thing is the dry mouth and throat. I will check back in later. Thank you to everyone ;-)

Great news!! Welcome to the losers bench!

I'm pretty upset. My hernia is the size of a football. I had it repaired in 2008. But the mesh is torn and no longer stapled... it was all pushed to the side. so since its torn they had to repair that. I need to come back in three months for my bypass. Ugh

I'm pretty upset. My hernia is the size of a football. I had it repaired in 2008. But the mesh is torn and no longer stapled... it was all pushed to the side. so since its torn they had to repair that. I need to come back in three months for my bypass. Ugh

Oh Annymarie, I'm sorry. I'm sure you are disappointed. Three months will go by fast, try to keep your spirits up Hope your hernia surgery heals quickly so you can move on. God Bless!!

I am so very sorry. I understand what it's like to get so far then to have it be put off. I've been there. I had to remind myself daily that things happen for a reason and this was

For the best. Doesn't make it easier but...it putts things in perspective.

Best wishes

~ dreaming

The dry mouth is the worst, ugh. Walking is the best thing for all the gas though. Glad to see you're doing well! Keep us posted!

I'm so sorry :(

I know you have to continue to wait but they did what was best for you. I'm sure the next three months will fly by. Get your rest so you can heal quickly.

Just remember, even though you're frustrated and upset and have to wait a little bit longer, it'll all be worth it in the end.