Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Surgery!

That's great...well done...all the best.

Xx

Thanks snow

Thanks snow

mine is 26 March I am having open surgery bit scared. Taking 6 weeks off. I am 5ft 4 and weigh 98 kg. I hope to get to at least 60. I am insulin resistant and liver and kidneys failing as I am producing 10 times more insulin than I should. I have had several surgeries and, sleeve and now bypass so have to have open due to scar tissue. Best of luck with yours and keep updating as I will only just over 8 wks to go to a new beginning

mine is 26 March I am having open surgery bit scared. Taking 6 weeks off. I am 5ft 4 and weigh 98 kg. I hope to get to at least 60. I am insulin resistant and liver and kidneys failing as I am producing 10 times more insulin than I should. I have had several surgeries and, sleeve and now bypass so have to have open due to scar tissue. Best of luck with yours and keep updating as I will only just over 8 wks to go to a new beginning

. Good luck to you fleabag

Thanks snow

Good luck fleabag.

I'm open too.....

X

Don't have an exact date yet, but my surgeon said March is my month. Pre-op testing appts are made (most anyways) so the journey is started. Excited beyond belief. Good luck to us all.

Don't have an exact date yet, but my surgeon said March is my month. Pre-op testing appts are made (most anyways) so the journey is started. Excited beyond belief. Good luck to us all.

welcome aboard! Keep us all updated.

I am going to have a march surgery, I find out my exact date on February 24th. So excited!

I am going to have a march surgery, I find out my exact date on February 24th. So excited!

congrats!! Very exciting times :)

Yeah!! I think we were discussing at one time how it would be cool If we had surgery around the same time! Looks like it will be happening! I'm sure I'll be towards the end of the month so you will be a couple weeks ahead of me :-P that's ok you can let me know what to expect!

Lol, I sure will. Been a long journey to this point, can't wait until we join the losers bench

As I start my journey to a new life I think about what lead me to this point. I've struggled with my weight my entire life, from being the chubby kid in grade school to losing weight prior to high school. Keeping it off until my early 20's. Slowly gaining until I lost 110 lbs in 2005. Arthritis in my knees then kept me inactive and my weight. Ballooned to 325lbs, being 5"6' put more stress on my joints, I now need a hip replacement. With this WLS I will be able to have it replaced and hopefully rid myself of my co-morbid. I look forward to being able to walk with out a cane or walker, playing on the floor with my grandchildren without concerns about if I can get up. Sweating just doing basically nothing, going to sporting events and movies and sitting comfortable in the seats. And most importantly, getting back to work' I've been of on a medical leave for nearly a year. Who knows by this summer maybe a new girlfriend :) would love to go to an amusement park and not worry about if I can fit on the ride! Thanks for listening.

As I start my journey to a new life I think about what lead me to this point. I've struggled with my weight my entire life, from being the chubby kid in grade school to losing weight prior to high school. Keeping it off until my early 20's. Slowly gaining until I lost 110 lbs in 2005. Arthritis in my knees then kept me inactive and my weight. Ballooned to 325lbs, being 5"6' put more stress on my joints, I now need a hip replacement. With this WLS I will be able to have it replaced and hopefully rid myself of my co-morbid. I look forward to being able to walk with out a cane or walker, playing on the floor with my grandchildren without concerns about if I can get up. Sweating just doing basically nothing, going to sporting events and movies and sitting comfortable in the seats. And most importantly, getting back to work' I've been of on a medical leave for nearly a year. Who knows by this summer maybe a new girlfriend :) would love to go to an amusement park and not worry about if I can fit on the ride! Thanks for listening.

And you'll soon be able to do all....xx

I received the call telling me my insurance has approved me !!!! They will call back Monday to let me know if it will be the 5th or the 24th of March. So EXCITED!!!!! Been a long 7 months, but its worth it ............have learned a lot about myself.. I am so ready to start this new journey