Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am four days post op... I think any block would have worn off by now. No?

Not necessarily. I felt very tender about a week to ten days out (though I felt amazing at post-op day 4) and it lasted through just before the three week mark. It was all around that large incision, and doc said that was where the one through-and-through stitch is. He said pain would disappear when it dissolved, and sure enough, it did. The tenderness I felt was manageable with liquid Tylenol.

im curious, what was ur beginning weight, I'm only down 40 lbs in nearly the same amount of time.

MsShuggggg -- my starting weight was 267.2, and I'm now 211.6, so 55.6 pound loss. In was sleeved on 12/03/13. I was in a tight 26 and I'm now in a 14/16. Here's a pic of the pants I wore to my surgical consult (26) behind a pair I wore this week (14).

post-165959-0-03954400-1391884757_thumb.jpg

im curious, what was ur beginning weight, I'm only down 40 lbs in nearly the same amount of time.

MsShuggggg -- my starting weight was 267.2, and I'm now 211.6, so 55.6 pound loss. In was sleeved on 12/03/13. I was in a tight 26 and I'm now in a 14/16. Here's a pic of the pants I wore to my surgical consult (26) behind a pair I wore this week (14).

attachicon.gif:

that is an awesome visual. You are SHRINKING!!!!!!

Sounds like most everyone is doing better then I am. I'm in pain, hungry and craving all kinds of food. I look foreword to seeing and feeling more progress.

If it's any consolation, I woke from surgery craving a sandwich. :). Things get better when you can actually take in Proteins and denser things.

I am almost 2 weeks post op. I had surgery done January 27th and too am doing great from the get go.. I have no pain either just the gurgling too.. But I can barely get all the food, Water, and shakes I need too. I barely drink about 20 oz of water, maybe 1 Protein Shake, if that, and my food. And I'm barely eating. I can't! I get way too full. How do you drink so much? I have to sip very little or it hurts going down. Any suggestions on getting the Fluid down. I just started my soft food stage yesterday.

Try warm things: Decaf tea, warm broth, Protein Soups. Sometimes temperature really matters.

Same here sleeved 1/14 and was able to start chicken this week I have had a text book recovery some soreness nothing unmanageable and eating small amounts is no joke so far I've hit the dreaded 2-3 week stall hoping to be over that soon!

These are amazing stories! I saw my surgeon for follow up today he told me if I don't lose to my goal weight in 6 months I've failed the sleeve? That this tool works best in 6 months and the rest is maintaining! He said if I don't work out and burn 1000 calories a day I won't lose? Wow do you work out this much?? I love your stories I was day if surgery 224 now 210 stalled for a week now and am freaking out!

Your surgeon is crazy. It is very unlikely you'll hit goal weight in six months, and you'll see many successful sleevers still losing 12-18+ months out. This tool does work best in the first six months, but for what it's worth, my surgeon's office says to reach for 50% excess weight loss by 6 months out. You should work out for optimum health, but there are sleevers losing who don't burn 1000 calories a day. I'm losing, and I've never burned 1000 calories a day working out. You should absolutely do your best, but I wonder if your nutritionist has an opinion on calories in/calories out.

About failing the sleeve after six months....that's bizarre. My surgeon told me to expect my loss of 100 pounds to take about a year. He would like to see me lose 10% per month, which is 10 pounds. So far I have lost 42 pounds since starting my supervised program last September. That's 42 pounds that I would not have lost otherwise. So, don't let his comment about six months stress you out. EVERY pound you lose is a victory.

MissMac well said, I believe my Dr said if you loose 11lbs with in th eyear you have done really well with your sleeve, so sweet one dont get discouraged on what the doctor is saying he wants to encourage you to do your best and start exercising then start exercise too. Remember this is a new begining for you so do your best and that's all you can ask for!.

About failing the sleeve after six months....that's bizarre. My surgeon told me to expect my loss of 100 pounds to take about a year. He would like to see me lose 10% per month, which is 10 pounds. So far I have lost 42 pounds since starting my supervised program last September. That's 42 pounds that I would not have lost otherwise. So, don't let his comment about six months stress you out. EVERY pound you lose is a victory.

MissMac well said, I believe my Dr said if you loose 11lbs with in th eyear you have done really well with your sleeve, so sweet one dont get discouraged on what the doctor is saying he wants to encourage you to do your best and start exercising then start exercise too. Remember this is a new begining for you so do your best and that's all you can ask for!.

11 lbs??? WTH

THANK YOU so much for all the encouraging words I'm not going to stress over the 6 months and yes he meant the 60% over the 6 months after will be much harder however really life is this forum and people are losing at 6+ months out so I'm not going to feel like I failed! Best of luck to all and I love reading all the stories I sure hope I'm losing and successful as you all are I am going to meet with a nutritionist to talk about this he wants me taking in 500 cal and always being negative with 1000 burning for workout but my energy level is nowhere near allowing me that much :(

My doctor said success is gauged over the first 18 months, and then hopefully maintainece. I also agree that age plays into this. I've lost 20 pre op but is so slow at 45. My joints are killing me from exercising. How I wish this surgery had been around 20 years ago! I'll take what I can get though. Glad to read some success stories from the early weeks. I want to get back to work without too much difficulty. I have a busy, stressful job. Very worried I will be distracted, weak, in pain, not meeting intake goals and constipated - all at work!!! Glad to hear it's going great for some!

I'm 4 weeks post op and still no energy and feeling like poo. A lot of people I talked to don't feel normal again until about 6 months post op. I wish I felt as great as you did so soon! I felt wonderful week 1&2 then it went down hill from there. My body caught up with me lack of food I guess.

I have a 3 yr old son. I am not sore at all. No pain what-so-ever. I honestly do not feel l just had major abdominal surgery. It is so freaky. I have to keep reminding myself and I am not hungry at all.

I felt the same way... I had surgery on 11/20 and cooked thanksgiving meal for entire family....... Felt great... Didn't believe my doctor that I had the surgery but I do know now....... Good luck sounds like ur doing great

I'm four weeks out, and have had an easy time of everything. No nausea, pain, or other problems since the day after surgery. If it wasn't for my incisions, and the stomach restriction I feel, I would wonder if I even had surgery! I LOVE my sleeve!

I am glad you guys are questioning the 6 month doctor comment. I wonder where these guys get this stuff sometimes. My surgeon was one of the best, worked at a center of excellence, studied at the best bariatric center in America. Words like that never came out of his mouth.

I lost well the first 6 months but lost nearly as much the second 6 months. I never have sweated stalls. I figured they were scientifically doomed. I was right. They were just a curiosity to me.

Having an active lifestyle, eating right, living right, becoming a life hound instead of a food hound, these things bolster your success.

Well that makes me feel a lot better! Hopefully I can mimic in your steps. It's good to see some positive comments vs negative despite the truth in it all.