Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Snacks

Im looking for some ideas of Snacks that have a high Protein count. What do you carry around with you when you're on the go? What can I keep in my office for during the day (I do have a small fridge). Im not really into Jerky, but am not opposed to it. I do a lot of greek yogurts and cheeses (though cheese doesnt necessarily have a ton of protein it). And, I've kind of od'd on hummus. I just need some quick and easy, protein filled, snack ideas to get me through the day.

Thanks so much in advance!

You could try tuna Snacks if you like it. I, also, like guacamole or Peanut Butter iwhich come in small easy to carry sizes. I someitmes add rice crackers, but can and do tolerate it plain. Karen..aka.kll724

Nuts!

I make these all the time... I have vanilla & mocha java in the freezer right now.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/5-Minute-Protein-Truffles-51200210

Yum. Those look good.

100 calorie packs of almonds

laughing cow mini baby bell light cheese

friendship on the go 1% cottage cheese (20 grams protein)

i like pure Protein bars (usually find them in CVS--20 grams per bar

those are my usual go to Snacks....

I make these all the time... I have vanilla & mocha java in the freezer right now.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/5-Minute-Protein-Truffles-51200210

Nutritional info per truffle:

Cal: 109

Fat: 5.8 g

Cholesterol: 11 mg

Sodium: 52 mg

Carbs: 7.2 g

Fibre: 0.7 g

Sugar: 5.6 g

Protein: 7.9 g

I see many posts that talk about Snacks. My hubby has the lap band, not me. He has been given strict orders to not snack! Only have his 3 meals each day. Their reasoning for this is that the snack habit, for one, should not be necessary and two, is one of the reasons people become overweight. I'm not saying it's right, just wondering what others thoughts are and what other doctors have said about it.

My surgeon says Snacks are a must. We are to eat every 2-3 hours to keep our metabolism revving. Snacks must contain Protein and should be around 100-200 calories.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions!!! Im not a big snacker, but it is nice to have something to hold me over in the afternoon so that I don't go home and ravage on the food in the fridge and pantry while waiting for dinner.

I just had a fill earlier this week (only .5cc - grrr) and the Dr. told me that if I am getting hungry to go ahead and have a snack - needs to be Protein or have Protein. I have a total caloric intake that Im supposed to be hitting each day, but that is because I haven't been hitting it and she thinks that's why I've stalled a little. However, I am still relatively new at all this (banded in November) and trying to find the green zone and what adjustment seems to be right.

So, to answer the question - I was told it was ok to snack.

I buy Boars Head lunch meat and have it sliced a little on the thick side. If I am really hungry I just grab a slice and roll it up....very low calories as long as I stick to ham, turkey, chicken and roast beef and stay away from things like salami.

I like that idea Misty. Was actually thinking about doing the same thing. Though I was thinking about wrapping a couple pieces of thin deli meat around a cheese string.

Like Chasing, I like those 100 calorie packets of almonds.....keep them in my glove compartment. Also the 20 gram Protein Bars occasionally and I like the Pure Protein version, too. Kind of like a candy bar and totally not something I'd ever, ever have allowed myself pre-band. Target has a 200 cal 20 grams of Protein Bar that is yummy also. But these are just once in a while as I want to eat "real" food. I'm going to make those truffles - yum! Thanks, Steph!