Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grilled chicken salad. I did not think this was possible but I ate slow chewed slow and stopped after 30 minutes.. I'm 7 weeks out. Is that okay?? I was eating out with my boyfriend so had no way of measuring it!!!

Well how about you tell us what you think? Is it okay....................or not?

I really don't know haha I'm terrified to stretch out my pouch.. But I did not feel overly full or anything. Plus salad is healthy so I suppose it is! Never thought I would be able to eat that much one sitting ever again haha (:

If you did not have any issues with the chicken salad at 7 weeks, good for you! That is past the usual 5-6 week criteria that most doctors prescribe before one can start in on solids. I remember my first chicken salad at around 3 months. It was hard to eat. Today, no issue whatsoever. You will want to watch out for problem symptoms like sliming, uncomfortable fullness or, worse, throwing up. If any of those happen when you are trying new found dishes then do yourself a favor and wait a few weeks or a few months until eating the food item is comfortable. There is no shame in trying new things, but do pay attention to how your body reacts.

I can down salad too. But I focus on chewing really welk..so I don't worry about it. Once its all ground up its a fraction of the starting size.

I'd still measure tho at 7 weeks. I'm 4 months next week.

Lettuce is not a dense food so therefore you can consume more of it if you want. chicken on the other hand is dense and would take much less to fill you up. Even though there is nothing wrong with eating a healthy chicken salad. Try to concentrate on the chicken first and foremost and enjoy the salad part as a second thought for now...

Protein is the back bone of the sleeve and will assist in helping you lose your weight and maintain a good healthy body. There is no need to eat until we are exploding or eating for an entire 30 min. Yes can we/ should we? That is a question you need to ask yourself...

We do not know what size the salad was or its contents. But if you were surprised that you were able to eat that much then probably you did eat too much...

Careful too, you are still healing in your sleeve. It takes a while for the scar tissue to surround your scar to make it strong. :)