Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, my latest taste tests have been Oh Yeah! RTDs this past week I tried their strawberry and Vanilla.

Strawberries n Cream - I found this to be a little sweet, but tasty. The strawberry flavor is not cloying, and tastes good. Maybe not the best strawberries and cream but definitely will be one of my go to RTDs.

Vanilla - I basically tolerated this flavor. I normally drink a shake in the car on my way to work and this is the first one where I put it down and had to remember to finish it. Actually had to say to myself, you'd better finish that. .. There was gritty feel to it and the flavor seem fake. My mouth felt dry afterward, and I had to drink a Water to get that dry feeling out of my mouth.

Maybe it is telling that between these flavors I always go back to my Premier Protein chocolate RTD from costco.

More soon

There are several flavors from Syntrax Nectrasweet powders that are fruity, like fruit punch, lemonade, peach, etc. I really like the Syntrax line and it is available on Amazon. This line mixes easily and doesn't have an aftertaste or a gritty texture.

There are also some RTDs by Isopure that are punch type too, even grape. But I haven't tried them yet, the Isopures are on my list though!

Just went on Amazon to look up syntrax. Boy am I glad you started this thread. Did not realize how high Protein products were. It's fine to pay that much if you like something, but I hate the thought of wasting money trying stuff.

Edited by kitten22996

Yes the huge Tubs are expensive, you can find single packs at places like GNC, or my bariatric pantry, I think Syntrax' s website sells taster packs too, sorry meant to say that earlier.

Ok, finishing up 2 weeks post-op and I have my first PO follow up with my physician tomorrow (well, today if you are CST or later)...Last bit of input:

Anesthesia can (not always, but has the strong potential) change flavors. Inhaled anesthesia is relegated to fat cells and when you metabolize it (regular rate ramped up because of the weight loss), it can have some funky weird affects on taste. I ended up chucking ALL the pre-packaged shakes and sticking with Muscle Milk Light Cake Batter. Additionally, I had quite a bit of nausea and you learn according to your body how fast is "too fast" and how big a sip is "too big." Also, I went back to mixing the powder with straight Water and ice-was mixing it half and half with milk and Water but the milk was just too irritating to my sleeve.

For an occasional Protein boost, if I must drink a pre-packaged shake, it will be one of the 6-star advantage vanilla shakes-I evidently do better with a thinner texture and less intense flavor.

Guess what I am trying to say is try a variety but understand that tastes can change and to be open to trying new things even after surgery. I hope this was helpful :)

And insomnia is a rude, nasty witch who can go DIAF cause I love my sleep...when I can get it >:

I found every single brand and flavour I tried pre op was utterly disgusting post op to me lol
So I started again on my taste testing samples and give away all the stuff I had bought pre op.
After starting again on the taste testing the only one I have is PhD diet whey in chocolate orange flavour.
Tried all kinds of PhD flavours I just can’t do them actually NOT a milkshake fan wasn’t pre op not really now hot choc coffee shakes blugh no thanks!
So for me to find one I can drink all day every day for almost 2 years is frigging fantastic to me lol
They do ready to drink juicy types which I have tasted all 3 flavours I bought a couple of packs of orange for on the go, they do have a underlying extremely watery yoghurt taste but its not unpleasant but does have a dry mouth effect.

I would suggest not stocking up on shakes pre op for post op its happened to a lot of us taste or tolerance changing after

Btw in the uk we don’t have a lot of the same brands.

<p>If you find/know of any <em>without</em> Splenda/sucralose in them, please let me know. Splenda blocks my weight loss.</p>

Yes!! This is my absolute favorite Protein shake!

All natural - w/stevia

Numedica - slim fit (dutch chocolate)

www.naturalhealinghouse.com

See photos!

post-206500-0-67929800-1393236681_thumb.jpg

post-206500-0-35443700-1393236691_thumb.jpg

Dragon, Did you try EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control too, or just lite? The carb control is thinner, has cal/pro of 110/17. The Myoplex Lite has more stuff in it so its thicker at 170/20. It also has some muscle building stuff in it like HMB.

The AdvantEdge line and the Myoplex line are really two separate products aimed at two different customers. I find the carb control very thin but myoplex would choke me out.

All my best,

Jay

I'm also thrilled to find this thread, because I decided to be proactive and find Protein shakes I could actually tolerate(if not enjoy). My surgery won't be for at least 3months, but I'm concerned about having to rely on Protein Shakes.

So far I've tried:

Premier chocolate RTD- tastes ok at first but then there's that Protein aftertaste.

Syntax nectar chocolate truffle- I really wanted to like this, made it w Water in a Blender Bottle and just couldn't deal with it. Will try again with milk/ice in the blender.

Syntrax nectar cappuccino- did this one in the blender w 1% milk and ice cubes! much less aftertaste:)

Atkins RTD mocha latte- pretty tasty actually, but 160 cal and 9 g fat. Not sure if that will be within my guidelines from NUT.

Still have to try powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury flavors and chicken Soup. Also a powder called Body Fortress was noted on a website I looked at: bariatric foodie.com. Bought a book on Amazon called " The Bariatric Foodie Guide to Perfect Protein Shakes" and that has loads of recipes once I find a Protein Powder I can deal with. Good luck, everyone!

2Big2Skate, no I didnt try the carb control--I just tuckered out after trying so many different ones...right now I do 2 scoops in Water with ice and a touch of the sugar free Torani (sp?) Syrup in white chocolate and it is 25 g Protein with 200 cal. I do this morning and evening and between then, I am trying to get my cup of pureed in via divided doses...If I decided to try a pre-packaged one, I will try the carb control. Thanks for the info--I will consider it if I need something on the go <tips hat>

My favorite so far is the Syntrax nectar chocolate Truffle mixed with skim milk. It is really delicious! So delicious, in fact, that my 12 year old son has taken to fixing a glass for himself to recover after hockey practice. He's tried some of the other brands I've purchased and the only one he likes is the Syntrax Nectar chocolate Truffle. If a 12 year old boy likes it, you know it's tasty. :)

My least favorite so far is the pre-mixed Myoplex Light "strawberry cream" flavor. I only bought a four pack and had to force myself to choke them down. The consistency was thick like Pepto Bismol and had a weird, fake strawberry flavor and a horrible aftertaste.

Hey there!

Well today is my last day of Pre-Op liquids and I go in tomorrow moring for my big day!

I emailed Celebrate Vitamins and they sent me free samples of all their Protein shakes to taste before I ordered them! The vanilla Cake Batter is a FAT GIRLS DREAM COME TRUE! Its just like you dipped a beater in the cake batter and licked it clean! I wouldn't kid you on this :)

I also found that Safeway Grocery Stores (They have different names in different areas of the US) carries Protein Light drinks made by Lucerne in their Dairy Department. They come in Mocha, Vanilla and chocolate and TASTE AMAZING! Be sure you get the light ones. They have 21gms of Protein and 150cals (Its the same as if you were mixing a Protein shake with fat free milk) In addition Lucerene also makes a Fat Free Protein Plus milk drink that is also in the dairy department and it has 12gms of protein. So if you use that to mix your powdered shakes that can be as much as 37gms of protein in each shake. The shakes are about $1.00 each and the Protein Plus comes inn half gallons and cost about the same as milk.

Hope this helps and good luck to us all :)

Tanz

Love the Protein plus milk idea, will hit Safeway on the way home to see if it is here in the Pacific NW, thanks!