Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CPAP, you are fired!

As part of the approval process for my VSG, I had to do a one night in-patient sleep study and it verified what I had pretty much known already, that I had obstructive sleep apnea. The test showed that I averaged 24 events an hour, which is pretty severe. I was given a CPAP machine and it was my nightly companion from that point forward.

Since that initial test, I've had regular follow-ups with my sleep doc and as my weight dropped so did the number of events per hour and the pressure required to maintain my airway as I slept. Two weeks ago, I did an at-home sleep test and this morning I got a call with the results from that test. Due to my weight loss, my OSA has resolved and I no longer need to use the CPAP machine!

I danced around the apartment like an idiot after I hung up the phone then cleaned up my CPCP and tossed it into the back of my closet :D

Yay, that is awesome news!

I haven't had another sleep study done since my initial. Not sure how many events I had, but I too was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea. Can't wait for it to go away! You Lucky Ducky! Good for you! :)

Luck had nothin' to do with it! Hard work and perseverance won the day! Congratulations!

Nice!!! congrats!

Congrats! What a nice one year surgiversary present!

Lynda

Great job stef! Now let's have a cpap garage sale. :)

Great job stef! Now let's have a cpap garage sale. :)

I think I'm going to offer it up to someone in the Swedish program who needs it but whose insurance won't cover it. I need to call the office tomorrow and see if they know anyone who needs one.

Thanks everyone for the posts and congrats. I wish I did all of this this 10 years ago and didn't waste a decade of living. If someone is reading this who is on the fence about getting the sleeve and changing their life for the better, take the leap! Diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, joint pain, no mobility, chronic depression, ALL CURED! I have my life back, you can too!

My bf has one of those and I would like to know it there is any way to quiet it down? I csn't sleep at all if he's got it on.

we need to know how to fix it so it's quit

The noise could be from how dated the technology is in the machine. When I first got mine in 2012, the medical device experts told me there had been a lot of improvements to the technology to make it quieter. If the noise is coming from the tubing or mask and not from the machine directly, you may want to look into replacing those.

congratulations! I stopped snoring. I used to wake myself up!

congratulations! I stopped snoring. I used to wake myself up!

Me too!!!!