Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Talk to me about Fitbit Flex!

I really want to get a fitbit. Been looking on Amazon and I don't know which one to get. The flex got so so reviews vs. One and zip. Anyone have those? Which one do you recommend? Please let me know. Thnks

I think a good starting point is to compare what all myfitnesspal will sync with. I know they work with a lot of different brands. I researched and debated for a couple of months. One down side to the bracelets is that they are not that pretty to wear to a wedding or other dress up event. Sometimes I wish I got the kind that will clip onto my bra. But I love my display and the constant reminder on my wrist to move.

I saw on FB the other day an ad for a new one that would be a magnetic clasp (pretty button thing on the front of your shirt, device on the back) and it would also help remind you not to slouch. But I'm not sure if I'd always remember to put that on.

Need to determine if you want it Water proof. Not that I swim or shower with it but I liked the flexibility. I wore my fitbit when I was washing my car the other day.

I think a good starting point is to compare what all myfitnesspal will sync with. I know they work with a lot of different brands. I researched and debated for a couple of months. One down side to the bracelets is that they are not that pretty to wear to a wedding or other dress up event. Sometimes I wish I got the kind that will clip onto my bra. But I love my display and the constant reminder on my wrist to move. I saw on FB the other day an ad for a new one that would be a magnetic clasp (pretty button thing on the front of your shirt, device on the back) and it would also help remind you not to slouch. But I'm not sure if I'd always remember to put that on. Need to determine if you want it Water proof. Not that I swim or shower with it but I liked the flexibility. I wore my fitbit when I was washing my car the other day.

Kim you also have the flex? I won't wear it in the shower for sure and not sure about swimming. But am worries if I am washing my hands and if the water splashes on the flex...I think I am going to invest my money and get it. Cause I walk a lot...esp out here in NYC area and I don't own a car. So this will at least give me and idea about my steps plus I want to start hitting the gym in June. Thnks for the info!

Kim you also have the flex? I won't wear it in the shower for sure and not sure about swimming. But am worries if I am washing my hands and if the Water splashes on the flex...I think I am going to invest my money and get it. Cause I walk a lot...esp out here in NYC area and I don't own a car. So this will at least give me and idea about my steps plus I want to start hitting the gym in June. Thnks for the info!

I actually have the fitbit force (which was recalled). I like the display too much and the stairs feature to have given it back. Shhh. Lol.

I wash my hands with it on, wear it while doing dishes or laundry, wear it in the rain (I park pretty far out and it rains a lot in Florida). I don't worry about it getting wet but I try not to submerge it.

I actually have the fitbit force (which was recalled). I like the display too much and the stairs feature to have given it back. Shhh. Lol. I wash my hands with it on, wear it while doing dishes or laundry, wear it in the rain (I park pretty far out and it rains a lot in Florida). I don't worry about it getting wet but I try not to submerge it.

Thnks so much for the info. Where in Florida are you? I grew up in Coral Springs near Boca Raton where my parents still reside. So I plan to relocate in the next couple of yrs to be close to them. Good to know that the fitbit is ok in the Water. What color do you have? It recommend?

Thnks so much for the info. Where in Florida are you? I grew up in Coral Springs near Boca Raton where my parents still reside. So I plan to relocate in the next couple of yrs to be close to them. Good to know that the fitbit is ok in the Water. What color do you have? It recommend?

I'm near Tampa. I picked the blue/gray version. :)

Ty this thread was full of good information as I start my journey

I loved my fitbit. Unfortunately so did my dog. She chewed it beyond repair. Luckily the company is going to send me a new one free of charge. Such great customer service. Jus waiting for it to arrive. Yahoo.

I just recently got my fitbt flex. I love it. I track my weight, steps, sleep...My dongle didn't work at first, and they sent me another one. Awsome...

I have a fitbit flex, Love it!

I have a fitbit one. I can clip it any where! I love it.

Anyone want to be friends on fit bit? My email address is charmed6213@msn.com.

I am thinking about getting a fit it , I would like to be your friend when I get one my email is magicmary2us@yahoo.com thanks bye the way I am pre surgery, hope to have my surgery by July mary

I have a flex, two actually. Can't get either to hold a charge. I do not use any of the battery draining features like silent alarm. Would not buy again.

Thanks for info , ill have to rethink my choices on those kinda devices.