Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance paying for protein drinks....

My PCP wasn't comfortable signing the scripts. Had to wait for surgeons office to do it.

I still haven't heard anything. And I was told the surgery center sent the information to my surgeon.

I have CVS for my prescriptions and I was Denied...... Just for any one's info here...... My primary is Medicare and Insure wrote me immediately and said that Medicare does NOT cover these supplements. Bummer. It's all good thought because I am almost 6 weeks post op and really don't drink the shakes much anymore. I've never tried Premier Protein but i had their alternative in the hospital called Optisource..... I don't know if it was because i suffered with nausea so much in the beginning. but that brand tasted horrible to me. It is so thick and I remember it spilling on the bedside table and it was so thick that the housekeeping dept had a hard time with the clean up..... I had two of them to take home with me but could never drink them. Just the thought of that thick icky liquid make me nauseated. I gave them away. I would have liked to try the Premier Protein just to have them for when i needed to grab something fast to control my hunger if i was in a hurry but i have some powdered shakes here that is still have. Ho Hum..... Can't win 'em all..... I just feel so lucky that my surgery was covered.... by Medicare and my secondary..... I can't complain.

I turned down the cream as well. I purchased Bio oil from the Vitamin shoppe..and its awesome the first night I used it before bed and the next mornings mg my incisions were soft and smooth;-) I rub on my whole belly because of stretch marks since about 3 weeks out..love it! I think it was 8 dollars.

Did it diminish the stretch marks?

Hi;

Would you please inbox us your First Name & Last Name then I can check our DataBase and expedite your process.

Best Regards

Insure Nutrition Team

Hi I originally used my Aetna insurance card & sfter reading this I called back to give my cvs caremark card infomation. I was denied yesterday. I called back today and gave my cvs caremark card info again. Everybody else with cvs carmark is getting approved, can u please look into this my name is Lakisha Holland. Thank u so much in advance.

After a bit of a tough time, I got a shipment of 4 x 18 packs of Premier chocolate Protein as well as 2 large bottles of liquid vitamins. OMG the box was heavy! I am a bit surprised by the Vitamins, my Dr. would not sign off on anything but the protein. Plus, the dosage is 1 1/2 TB four times a day. There's no way I want to take these 4 times a day. I emailed Insure Nutrition to please cancel the liquid vitamins. I have UHS insurance and CVS Caremark for prescriptions. My biggest issue was getting my Dr to sign the script. I am so glad I came across this thread.

After a bit of a tough time, I got a shipment of 4 x 18 packs of Premier chocolate Protein as well as 2 large bottles of liquid vitamins. OMG the box was heavy! I am a bit surprised by the Vitamins, my Dr. would not sign off on anything but the protein. Plus, the dosage is 1 1/2 TB four times a day. There's no way I want to take these 4 times a day. I emailed Insure Nutrition to please cancel the liquid vitamins. I have UHS insurance and CVS Caremark for prescriptions. My biggest issue was getting my Dr to sign the script. I am so glad I came across this thread.

Thats awesome i hope i get approved.

I agree! I am canceling the vitamins as well! Yuck!

I sent in my info a while ago and they called to tell me to call the dr's office and ok them to sign the script. The office signed and faxed it back same day. Insure Nutrition claimed they didn't get it, so the office faxed it in again (same day). Insure Nutrition got that one, and I haven't heard from them again. I called last week and was told it was in the pharmacy to give it a day or so and someone would call me. I waited 5 days and didn't hear back, so I called again only to be told they are having issues with their computer system and it would be another week before they called me. I don't understand others getting theirs so quickly, that sent their info in at the same time as I did. My prescription company said no one contacted them from Insure Nutrition, I was talking to them about another script for my daughter. I'm sure they will cover it, but they don't seem to be too terribly interested in getting my stuff processed. I see my doctor next week, and he asked me to let him know how their customer service is, he would reccomend them to his patients, but wants to make sure they will get good service. I don't know what to tell him at this point.

FYI.....with tricare you have to pay $17 per shipment. Still better than having to buy them!

Hey All!

I just wanted to add a couple of comments since I work in insurance. Don't be discouraged if someone said that they they were denied for a specific insurance company. The decision on whether or not your plan will cover this is based in what type of prescription plan that you have. Most people have insurance through their employer. If you work for a large company, chances are that the approval or denial is based on how your company decided to cover it.

I love that this thread was started. I sure hope that my plan covers it!

I don't have all the answers, but I know a lot about insurance. Happy to help with any questions!

Hey All!

I just wanted to add a couple of comments since I work in insurance. Don't be discouraged if someone said that they they were denied for a specific insurance company. The decision on whether or not your plan will cover this is based in what type of prescription plan that you have. Most people have insurance through their employer. If you work for a large company, chances are that the approval or denial is based on how your company decided to cover it.

I love that this thread was started. I sure hope that my plan covers it!

I don't have all the answers, but I know a lot about insurance. Happy to help with any questions!

post-206701-0-38467800-1396754901_thumb.png

[ATTACH]43167[/ATTACH]

post-206701-0-38467800-1396754901_thumb.png

[ATTACH]43167[/ATTACH]

Based on your knowledge of insurance does this mean that if I am in need of any cosmetic surgery due to skin rashes, infections, or something like that would my insurance cover it? I don't think I'll need it but just in case.

Hi,

I just had that conversation with my personal trainer. She had bypass done years ago and had skin to remove. Her surgeon was able to get it approved because of the rash. So if you have to go that route, definitely try!

Good luck!

Hi,

I just had that conversation with my personal trainer. She had bypass done years ago and had skin to remove. Her surgeon was able to get it approved because of the rash. So if you have to go that route, definitely try!

Good luck!

I don't have a real high bmi. It's right at 40. I need to lose about 90lbs to be at 120 which I've never been at. I've been about 135. Im not sure if I'll have a skin problem but right now I have a slight apron thing going on with my stomach and fat arms I'm worried about.

I just signed up I'll let yll know how it goes ?

Wow, this post got my hopes up. I hope that when my time comes, I will be able to offset some costs and save on Protein shakes. I wish someone had time to compile different insurance and prescription providers.

I have BlueCross/BlueShield Federal Employee Program (Standard)(better than Basic) and prescriptions is covered by CVS caremark. http://www2.caremark.com/fep/?benefits-summary Fingers crossed!!!