Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post-180464-0-29303900-1391265436_thumb.jpg post-180464-0-59346600-1391265438_thumb.jpg

Illan with Baja Bariatrics? YES Would I go back to Mexico to be sleeved? YES! Am I happy with my decision? YES!

Dr. Illan is a very talented surgeon and his WHOLE team is amazing! I took a family member back in January to be sleeved and would recommend his team to anyone. While in Tijuana I met other patients from different doctors and noticed they didn't have someone there checking in to make sure their spouse/friend/family member had eaten or was ok. When out shopping with Omar I ran into the same people who had to take a cab and had no idea what to do or where to shop. The Baja Bariatric team goes OVER & BEYOND anything you can even think of during your stay. I've lost 101 lbs thus far and am beyond thrilled with my surgery and support I have received from Baja Bariatrics :)

All I can say is OMG. You look great!

good job. congratulations.

Hi Sherry!

I was looking at Dr Illan's website and don't see information on their fee schedules and/or total costs in Mexico. Is there a different site to look at to see this?

I have insurance through CIGNA and bariatric surgery is not an "exclusion" but it's not a "rider" that my employer has on its plan, so I'm not certain what this means to me. I don't know if it's a definite "NO" or if it could be appealed.

Trying to look at other options but need some help getting info.

Thanks in advance for any info you may have & by the way - you look fantastic!

I also used Baja & Dr. Illan & my expectations were also exceeded. I am a researcher & was going to spend twice as much on one of the "famed" /veteran Mexican surgeons if my research didn't lead me to feeling my safety & success wouldn't be as good or better with Dr. Illan. The whole team is very detail oriented & professional & they are determined that you come away happy about your experience, your choice of surgeon & Mexico in general. I was low BMI & have lost approximately 75% of my excess weight in 2.5 months (and all but 5lbs of that has been fat). My cholesterol has gone from 215-ish to 150 and I can't manage to get anything but a normal blood pressure reading no matter how many times I try.

One side note: I would definitely deem Dr. Illan the surgeon to use if you have a loved one who is spooked about your going to Mexico... the practice unofficially specializes in skyping & communicating with prospective patients & their loved ones before scheduling and they ALSO seem to have a sort of mission statement to flood each patient & his/her family member(s) with amazing personal attention & care once there.

Hi Sherry!

I was looking at Dr Illan's website and don't see information on their fee schedules and/or total costs in Mexico. Is there a different site to look at to see this?

I have insurance through CIGNA and bariatric surgery is not an "exclusion" but it's not a "rider" that my employer has on its plan, so I'm not certain what this means to me. I don't know if it's a definite "NO" or if it could be appealed.

Trying to look at other options but need some help getting info.

Thanks in advance for any info you may have & by the way - you look fantastic!

Thanks! I feel fantastic :) You can email Omar at bajabariatrics@yahoo.com and he will email you back. They are not pushy at all and will answer any and all of your questions! Good luck! I LOVE my sleeve!!!

Absolutely. Dr. Illan and his team completely transformed my life. I still say they offered the best medical care I've ever had in my life. I would feel comfortable recommending any of my loved ones to go to him and genuinely wish he did plastics so that I could go back myself!

Omar is also completely fantastic. In addition to taking superhuman care of his patients (seriously, I don't know how he manages to be so attentive to everyone at once), he noticed that the husband of a patient of a different doctor had nothing to eat and took that man out for food.

They completely go above and beyond in every way!

I originally scheduled with another popular mexican surgeon but have since switched to have my surgery with Dr. Illan and Baja Bariatrics. The fact that Dr. Illan is also an ER trauma surgeon made me feel like I will be in good hands should any complication arise. I was also able to skype with the coordinator Omar and Dr. Illan to address questions I had about scar tissue and his stapling procedure (triple titanium staple line as well as sutures and bio glue) and I felt very comfortable with his answers. I can't wait to have my surgery in March!!!

You will be so happy with your choice Tiff. I am almost 3 weeks out and had a fantastic experience! The doctors and omar are amazing! I havent felt ANY pain at all since surgery, except the gas pain for the first two days. Best of all Im not hungry and Im down 23lbs already. Best choice ive ever made for myself.

Tiff, have you chosen a date yet? I may go in March for a Friday Surgery.

Rredruby, 23 pounds, thats great! Thanks for sharing your experience, it gives me alot to look forward to!

Brandnewbrandy, im having surgery the 24th but arriving the day before. I cant fly all those hours without something to drink. I hope to see you there!