Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Olive Garden "food funeral" tonight. No more Pasta. Feeling full, kinda miserable, guilty. Not sure it was worth it. Seems like my confidence level hasn't been as high this week. Started exercising this week though. Hoping to let it go and move on. Just feeling a little pissed. And undone even have a date set yet.

don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is another day, rededicate yourself to the plan and begin again.

Sigh.... It's like the loser I get, the less confidence I have, or maybe I should say, the higher my anxiety is. Regardless, I don't think it was worth it. Your date is coming up soon! I saw you were Feb 10th? Do you start liquids soon? My surgeon doesn't do them but I plan to do mostly liquids for 5 days before.

I've had a few food funerals. I had my last pizza from a local pizza place on Wednesday. It's my last because it's real thin crust, but super greasy and garlicy. Just seems like something that I wouldn't even tolerate one piece of someday. And then, applebees. I love going there for the half off apps with friends having a drink or two and some food. I went tonight for my last half off apps night. I'll still go with friends and stuff, but obviously won't be the same, as I won't be able to eat the crap I just did. hah.

But yeah. For the most part, the last month I haven't eaten the best (trying to get in the crap I'll be cutting out) and I don't feel guilty. I'll never (Or at least won't for a loooooooong time) eat the crap I have been, and I'm perfectly okay with that. I'm even excited about starting my liquid diet. I'm ready to leave all these foods behind me, and start my "new me" on wednesday.

Sigh.... It's like the loser I get, the less confidence I have, or maybe I should say, the higher my anxiety is. Regardless, I don't think it was worth it. Your date is coming up soon! I saw you were Feb 10th? Do you start liquids soon? My surgeon doesn't do them but I plan to do mostly liquids for 5 days before.

Hi Jen, my doctor doesn't make us do full liquids pre-op. I do a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch and then a healthy dinner at around 400 calories. I can also have 2 sugar free Snacks so that is pretty satisfying. I'll either eat a Protein Bar or eat a SF Jello or pudding. I've pretty much been doing this for a month so Im good with it. I just do full Clear Liquids the day before surgery. I am really excited about this. The unknowns are scary but I want to lose this weight so badly that I will do what ever I have to do to get it off. I'm tired of being fat, tired of being unhealthy, and tired of being tired. Monday, February 10th can't come fast enough!!! Good luck with yours and hope you get a surgery date soon.

I'm jealous. I never got my food funeral. I wanted to go out and stuff myself with Pad Thai the night before I started my preop. But it was a long day at work and I was too tired to go out after work and ended up getting subway and going home. :(

Please don't beat yourself up. I had so many food funerals that I gained 10 pounds from when I initially saw my surgeon in November to when I saw her again in December. Thankfully I'm doing the preop diet and have lost everything that I gained. But looking back I'm really angry at myself because the weight gain just made my goal farther away.

Ahhh the pre-diet binge. I had lots of food funerals. I'm glad I did. A relationship as strong as the one between me and pizza deserved a proper goodbye. I still hang out with pizza once in a while but we don't make love like we used to. Its just food.

Ahhh the pre-diet binge. I had lots of food funerals. I'm glad I did. A relationship as strong as the one between me and pizza deserved a proper goodbye. I still hang out with pizza once in a while but we don't make love like we used to. Its just food.

There is just something completely satisfying that eating good pizza. It's definitely my trigger. It's definitely like a lover. I'll get back on track. Italian is now off the list. Still want to eat pizza one more time and maybe Japanese steakhouse. Then I'm done. Unfortunately I can clearly see the bargaining aspect of addiction when I talk like that. I am most definitely ready to let go of the power that kind of food has over me (or the power I give it). Can't wait until I get my date, otherwise this feels like purgatory! Lol

There is just something completely satisfying that eating good pizza. It's definitely my trigger. It's definitely like a lover. I'll get back on track. Italian is now off the list. Still want to eat pizza one more time and maybe Japanese steakhouse. Then I'm done. Unfortunately I can clearly see the bargaining aspect of addiction when I talk like that. I am most definitely ready to let go of the power that kind of food has over me (or the power I give it). Can't wait until I get my date, otherwise this feels like purgatory! Lol

I hear you completely. The "satisfaction" you speak of is what is about to be removed from your life and not the food that causes it. The sedation and satiety of over-eating is what you should be memorializing. No amount of food gives me that now. I just get uncomfortable.

There is a little piece of my brain that thinks "if you could just eat like you had a sleeve all the time then you wouldn't need surgery". Translation : YOU ARE WEAK. But I know, from reading here, and research provided by my doc, that without it, the likelihood of success is poor. Basically I've been doing fabulous preop (lost 19). Then the last 2 weeks, it's becoming too close for comfort to approval and a date and the reality is looming. I've even gained 3 pounds. Then the doubt-guilt-sabotage cycle starts. I read success story after success story on here and I WANT THAT. But the reality of a total game changer is scary. Once the ball gets rolling, I feel like I'll be fine. These "goodbyes" that have me emotional. Thank you for letting me know I'm (semi) normal! It helps.

I hd 6 weeks between my last weigh in and my surgery date. I gained 19 pounds. Kid you not. I ate everything that was not nailed down. Honestly, I was grateful for the 4 day pre-surgery liquid diet -- I was literally sick of food! food funerals are very common. I do not recommend doing what I did, because now, despite having lost 16 pounds in 2 weeks, I am still 3 pounds higher than my last weigh in! Just do the best you can. For me, it is SO much easier to stick to a liquid diet now that I have been sleeved--- I have to remind myself when to have my soup/protein shakes on a timer-- I do not even think about food most of the day.

I start my liquid diet Tuesday, and have been trying hard to not have food funerals, but went out to eat last night with hubby and my parents. We went to a place that we don't normally go, trying to stay away from the favorites to avoid over indulging. When I got there, I ended up panicking and started to tear up when trying to decide between shrimp, steak, or salmon. Poor waitress didn't know what was happening. I ended up going with a combo steak and salmon, and we were all able to laugh about it a few minutes latter, but man, that came out of nowhere. My parents ended up with dinner and a show LOL!!!