Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bless you, I've been wondering the exact same thing for 3 months.

At first I thought it was creamed soup(pureed),then cream Soup (made with cream, yum) but it must be something else.
I can't believe it would be Campbells cream of mushroom/celery/tomato etc. There is no nutritional value that crap.

What could it be?

I know its not really creamed ,but I love the Progresso southwestern vegetable Soup pureed up in my magic bullet. Tried that for the first time when I had my band put in, and from then on always pureed it. I just love it that way.

I had cream of shrimp, cream of asparagus, cream of spinach, cream of mushroom, Tomato, split pea and potato leek Soup. I diluted them 1/2 and 1/2 with Water, ran through the blender, strained and added Protein Powder (20-25g/serving). It was a great change from the sweet Protein Shakes during my 17 day post op liquid stage. When I got to puréed food I skipped the straining step. Didn't even bother with the low fat part because my nut said my calorie intake would be so low, not to worry about it. Besides, we need some fat in our diet in order to make cell membranes, nerve sheaths, hormones, healthy skin, and to absorb fat-soluble Vitamins like A, D, K, etc.

If I never see another cup of split pea Soup again in my life it'll be too soon. Was on full liquids for 4 weeks post op and I ate it everyday.

That and Progresso Tomato Basil soup. I still actually like that 1!

Thanks everyone!! I got some tonight, Campbell's has several different cream Soup varieties I had never even noticed before!! I agree, not much nutritionally, so I need to get some unflavored Protein powder....another dilemma and choice to make!!

I have not thought about low fat creamy Soups for sometime now, but here are some links that may possibly help you with your low fat creamy Soup. And, all the best.

http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/807388/lowfat-creamy-soup-recipes

http://www.eatingwell.com/healthy_cooking/quick_healthy_cooking/healthy_creamy_soups

I made chicken tortilla Soup using cream Soups and blended it to take out the chunks. Was amazing.

1 can chicken

1 cup smooth salsa

1 can cheddar cheese soup (or nacho for spicier)

1 can cream of mushroom

1 can cream of chicken

1 can cream of celery

1 can chicken broth

1 can Water

1 can rotel

Season with red chili pepper, salt and pepper to taste

I made this in crock pot and blended before I ate. Very yummy.

I made chicken tortilla Soup using cream Soups and blended it to take out the chunks. Was amazing. <br><br> 1 can chicken<br> 1 cup smooth salsa<br> 1 can cheddar cheese soup (or nacho for spicier)<br> 1 can cream of mushroom<br> 1 can cream of chicken<br> 1 can cream of celery <br> 1 can chicken broth<br> 1 can Water <br> 1 can rotel <br> Season with red chili pepper, salt and pepper to taste<br><br> I made this in crock pot and blended before I ate. Very yummy.

Sounds delish!! What week were you on? Wasn't sure how long I should wait before trying spicy foods? It is my fave!

I'm on week 3. I used mild salsa and mild rotel so it wasn't very spicy but still good. I couldn't handle the taste of any plain old cream Soups but this has really worked for me. I used the healthy heart low fat soups for all of them and it was great. The canned chicken blends up real easy too.

All of these sound great, but each of those cream of...soups are chock full of sodium, and pile multiple cans in one recipe, you're going to be exceeding your daily sodium allotment by A LOT! I don't know how many of you cook, but try doing "creamy" Soups homemade, using low sodium chicken or beef stock and various vegetables, meats and fruits. You can even make your own stock using a rotisserie chicken from Costco- save the meat for something else and use the carcass to make the stock. Cream can be added using Fage 2% greek yogurt (doesn't break when heated like the nonfat does), half and half, or heavy cream if you are extreme low carb. A 1/2 cup of heavy cream over a whole recipe goes a long, delicious way. Roast veggies in the oven- you could do a cream of cauliflower, butternut squash with roasted pear, parsnip, etc. Put the roasted veggies with chicken, veggie or beef stock, and purée with an immersion blender or in a blender (carefully). For those just out of surgery, I'm sure you need to take it easy, so if that's the case, or you just don't want to cook, just buy low sodium and try to limit your consumption per day. Enjoy your soups!! :)

Thanks Phoenix!

Exactly what I wanted to know. I was very uncomfortable using canned cream Soups for nutrition. I make everything from scratch but thought cream would be very off limits. "A little goes a long way" love it. Thanks again.

W

I get the low fat, low sodium ones. When you are in week 2 and 3 and are just trying to stay hydrated and find something your tummy (and taste buds) will tolerate, sodium isn't a huge worry. My NUT told me not to worry about fat, calories or anything the first month. Just keep hydrated and train your tummy to accept foods. I'm eating mashed potatoes a lot now. Something that is not going to be a part of my diet later on.

I have been making my own Soups I put it in small containers and mix it with Protein powder and milk in the single serving Ninja.

I made a big batch of roasted pepper, Tomato and basil to get me through the first week. I cook the Soup mix it in the pot with a hand blender then Ninja the Soup and after that run it through a fine mesh strainer. That is probably overkill but better safe than sorry.

I feel better because the ingredients are all in my control along with spice and sodium content. So far this is working a half cup of soup this way has been dinner or lunch daily and I am getting pretty close to my 60g of Protein.< /p>