Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jealousy and weight loss!

What the heck! why are people so quick to Judge other's on weight loss issue?

My own brother is Jealous that Ive,worked for over two years of my life to lose weight so save my life! almost staved my self? over exercising, low calorie Diet.

Im at the Doctor,s office the other day to get a refill on a medication an the nurse she ask's me are you Sick? you don't look to healthy...... Im thinking what the....................... then the nurse told me the other nurse is going to have gastric bypass surgery to loss weight, she won't be able to do because she eats like a horse.

well that lady has lost about 150 pounds now and looks great! hats off too her for trying to save her own life.

then you here people say well if you have to have SURGERY to lose weight they must be lazy! hats off to any who is willing to take a step to help them selfs save there life I, Applaud anyone no matter how they lost the weight!

my brother is telling people that I, had my Guts ripped wide open to have some special surgery, damn he stupid, at least before find out what kind of surgery's they offer then tell your lie,s.

I agree people are quick to judge. I too believe it is a jealousy thing. My MIL is very jealous of my weightloss. Everyone else is very supportive and understanding. I love it when people say, "God you have lost alot of weight!" Best of luck in your journey and reap the rewards.

I agree with you. WLS is not the easy way out. If it were I wouldn't be stirring in my chair because I am only down 45 lbs in 10 months. Go figure. I just think people are uneducated. Good job that woman did losing 150 lbs. Good for her!

Well it seems that overweight people are judged for being overweight then when they loss weight they are judged to. There is just no pleasing people is there.

Just ignore them.

What the heck! why are people so quick to Judge other's on weight loss issue?

My own brother is Jealous that Ive,worked for over two years of my life to lose weight so save my life! almost staved my self? over exercising, low calorie Diet.

Im at the Doctor,s office the other day to get a refill on a medication an the nurse she ask's me are you Sick? you don't look to healthy...... Im thinking what the....................... then the nurse told me the other nurse is going to have gastric bypass surgery to loss weight, she won't be able to do because she eats like a horse.

well that lady has lost about 150 pounds now and looks great! hats off too her for trying to save her own life.

then you here people say well if you have to have SURGERY to lose weight they must be lazy! hats off to any who is willing to take a step to help them selfs save there life I, Applaud anyone no matter how they lost the weight!

my brother is telling people that I, had my Guts ripped wide open to have some special surgery, damn he stupid, at least before find out what kind of surgery's they offer then tell your lie,s.

Let them talk. Go right ahead, I'll jog right past them, wave on my way to the bank where I'll withdraw some cash to do a "down sized" shopping spree.

Your brother is ignorant. His words stand on their own. I have to get a snappy comeback in there always, something like " No guts hanging out here Charlie, my clothes are fitting so much looser these days but thanks for noticing."

"You don't look so well" ... "Really? I feel great and not at all like the fat and winded me I use to be." and I'd have to throw in "I'm getting ready to go shopping...another size down!!!"

"What if something goes wrong" ... "What if something goes right? Just think, in a year about be half the size I am now!"

"The rest of your life?" ... " Yup! And I'll be thinner and healthier the REST OF MY LIFE!"

"So much money!" ... "Actually long-term I'll recoup my money in savings on medications and co-morbidities".

"But you won't be able to eat what you want"... "But I WILL be able to walk, run, bend, sit in a booth, go without total exhaustion, the list goes on and on"

People that were gung ho for me four months ago, are sabatoging me now and they are mostly members of my own family. I wish it were for fear that something bad might happen to me but I know it is nothing but jealousy.

oh man you hit it on the head. there is no pleasing some people, and it really does show you who your real friends are.

i lost around 70 lbs a decade ago, and i worked mostly around men, with just a handful of office women. I was in an art department for a store signage shop. The attitudes of the men completely changed as well as the women. The few women i worked with, MOST of them (with the exception of TWO) became almost crusade like in their attempts to put me down. I heard all kinds of rumors. The men, were worse. I USED to have a jovial relationship with them, got along great and laughed easilly. that changed completely and my own supervisor completely stopped talking to me.

in all fairness, it wasnt just the wieghtloss, the drug made me a bit loopy.

i lost my job over all of it.

it was still worth it. id have done it again in a heartbeat. For the first time in my life i saw a size 5. i didnt keep the wieght off. Within a month of going off the drug, i put on fifteen lbs, and it just balooned out from there. still...for a year i knew what it was like to be thin. i could bend my legs anyway i wanted. I RAN inthe mornings, each morning. (before my ankle went all to hell and i had to have a new one made)

This is much healthier than how i got there before (phenphen) and im even more proud of the changes.

I work for myself now.

oh man you hit it on the head. there is no pleasing some people, and it really does show you who your real friends are.

i lost around 70 lbs a decade ago, and i worked mostly around men, with just a handful of office women. I was in an art department for a store signage shop. The attitudes of the men completely changed as well as the women. The few women i worked with, MOST of them (with the exception of TWO) became almost crusade like in their attempts to put me down. I heard all kinds of rumors. The men, were worse. I USED to have a jovial relationship with them, got along great and laughed easilly. that changed completely and my own supervisor completely stopped talking to me.

in all fairness, it wasnt just the wieghtloss, the drug made me a bit loopy.

i lost my job over all of it.

it was still worth it. id have done it again in a heartbeat. For the first time in my life i saw a size 5. i didnt keep the wieght off. Within a month of going off the drug, i put on fifteen lbs, and it just balooned out from there. still...for a year i knew what it was like to be thin. i could bend my legs anyway i wanted. I RAN inthe mornings, each morning. (before my ankle went all to hell and i had to have a new one made)

This is much healthier than how i got there before (phenphen) and im even more proud of the changes.

I work for myself now.

What a great story. I can't wait to read more of it.

I too was a Phen Feni. Did awesome, lost 60 pounds and my appetite was gone. First time in my life I could eat and feel full or not eat when I didn't sense hunger.

(pausing to say "Melissa" by The Allman Brothers is such a great song )

I get reflective at times like these.

you know what I lost my friend (I considered her to be my best friend) through my weightloss.she started to act strangely and then hit on the same guy (and slept with him) that I have been flirting with the whole night. I was upset and told her that and she told me that she feels we are always competing (but thats not true we never hit on the same guy in the past and I was happy for her when something nice happened to her) apparently she felt that way cause shes older by 8years, I make the same money she does and Im losing weight which she isnt.

Before that happened my mom told me that she is afraid that Stepanka might envy me, I looked at her like she is crazy and told her that Stepanka would never ever do that. Oh well one month later she did it. She also cancelled our vacation (it was already paid) telling me she wants to go to friends wedding, then she came up with George michaels concert I told her its a bullsh** and she agreed.

really we literally knew everything about one other but now its all gone. Maybe I will be able to trust her again but right now I dont want to deal with it anymore...isnt it sad arent we supposed to get new friends and since the old friends liked us before they are supposed to like us even after weight loss?? I have changed only phycially not mentally...its just so sad

Somewhat of the same thing has happened to me Eficka. I have been trying to lose weight for years and yo yo up and down. My girlfriend was heavy too and became obsessed with it. She dropped about 80lbs and became buff. Because I didn't, I am no longer good enough for her to talk to. I approached her about it and she denied that was the reason she couldn't make time for me anymore. I can't wait to lose my weight and see if her tone changes.......too little too late.

my friend liked me as long as I was fat because then I wasnt a threat to her...I guess. Im meeting her next week but Im not sure what Im going to tell her, I expect her to apologize but Im afraid shes not that type...oh well I friends change as we all grow up:-)

Oh ye Julie its time to make new friends!! as someone here on LBT told me we develop and we also change friends as we change,truly said it wasnt my choice but I think its right:-)

Actually since Im "not friends" with her Im seeing lots more people!! so theres something positive:-)

As I was growing up, if one of us kids said something nasty like the OP's brother did---my Dad told us it was "sour grapes". Saying something nasty or mean out of jealousy. When I had a member of my family (in inlaw) say to me she thought I was losing weight too fast, I just smiled at her and said "sounds like sour grapes to me". She is younger, and didn't have a clue---and was of course to much of a know it all to ask what that meant!!! I wonder if she ever found out!!!

The stories that really confuse me are the ones about the former heavy friends.....they should know what it is like!!!! Makes me thankful for the good friends thats for sure!!! With friends like some of these y'all have mentioned----who needs enemies????

Kat

for the last twenty years I was over weight, whey bigger the my older brother! now im alot smaller now he just hates it. I have thirty pounds to my goal weight of 180.in the past i was down to 190 and took a break from any thing to do with weight loss, after two years of living on a low calorie diet and walking I, just needed a break to clear my mind.

I had a problem and a fear of weight gain and I let my self gain a few pounds back and i m happy to say that I can gain a few pounds and I, can lose weight as I want.........I have the power to lose and the knowledge to do it.

as of today I, will start watching my weight and start counting calories again. I hope every one out there is taking time to lose weight! good luck I, will be talking to you soon as I start to come closer to my goal weight! JOHN