Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having my band out finally tomorrow. Then will find out when I can get sleeved. Wish me luck!!

Edited by Nickimac

I just went thru the same thing. Oct had band removed, sleeved 3 weeks ago.

It is like night and day. You will love it.

Had my band removed same time as I had the sleeve.. Sleeve is so much better.

So upset my doctor said I have to wait 3 months until I get sleeved as my upper pouch was very stretched out. Not even sure I want to do it any more. So disappointed with this doctor.

Don't give up. 3months will pass. You will get there.

I had band out 9 months ago. I am going for sleeve in a couple of months. I am so frustrated that I can't lose weight like "normal" people do. I have tried to maintain weight with band out, and failed completely. So going for sleeves

Don't give up. 3months will pass. You will get there :)

I had band out 9 months ago. I am going for sleeve in a couple of months. I am so frustrated that I can't lose weight like "normal" people do. I have tried to maintain weight with band out, and failed completely. So going for sleeves

So upset my doctor said I have to wait 3 months until I get sleeved as my upper pouch was very stretched out. Not even sure I want to do it any more. So disappointed with this doctor.

Listen to what he says, because if you had a lot of damage inside, you are more prone to having a leak and complications. I know how you feel because I went thru the same thing, having to wait between surgeries, but the last thing you want is to have a leak. The 3 months allows the stomach to return to more of a normal shape, so the docs can get a nice surgical line.

I had my sleeve Jan 13th, and am doing fantastic. I feel so good and am dropping weight. worth the wait, believe me.

I had my band removed and revised to the sleeve but had to wait 6 weeks before the doctor would sleeve me. I was afraid I would gain weight although I had already done that with the band. I didn't gain any weight in fact it felt like I still had the band. I trust my surgeon. So if he said I need to wait then I needed to wait even if I didn't like it. I knew a lot of people that were had their band removed and sleeved same day. My surgeon told me my stomach needed time to heal.

Yes i was told I had a lot of scar tissue and my "pouch" was very dilated. I have my surgery date of April 21 so I am looking forward to that.

I had my band removed yesterday and I have to wait 3 months as well. I hope to get sleeved the end of May. I am actually looking forward to having a moment between my band and my revision. I had my band for nearly 5 years and due to all of the issues I had with it (food intolerances, vomiting, etc.,) I have developed new bad food habits that I need to undo before being sleeved. I need the time to get my "head" right because I think that is where the majority of my problems come from. I am a bit worried about weight gain during this healing period though.

I'm having my band removed too. I had so many complications and changed surgeons last year. I can't wait to start my new life! I look forward to the forums and inspiration and success stories!

I am having my band removed tomorrow and will be getting the sleeve in the same surgery. So glad to have it done all at once. I am a little nervous, but I am anxious at the same time. I really appreciate this site and the feedback from everyone.

I am having my band removed tomorrow and will be getting the sleeve in the same surgery. So glad to have it done all at once. I am a little nervous, but I am anxious at the same time. I really appreciate this site and the feedback from everyone.

How did it go??