Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else think it's awfully early for Cadbury eggs?

They're BAAA-CK: The Cadbury mini eggs - like crack to me. Luv these things. Last year I ate about 6 big bags of these during the season. Today I ate an individual pack to keep my portion low. Best 200 calories of my day. Give me Christmas food over Easter candy anyday. I think they lace these things with heroin to keep people hooked. Those and the Starburst Jelly Beans Favorite Reds.

Guess I'm gunna hafta cut my intakes to acomodate these goodies.

Should we ban these favorite goodies from our lives or practice moderation to stay happy?

51PYqnn1NBL._SL500_SL160_.jpg300px-Cadbury-Mini-Eggs-Wrapper-Small.jp

Edited by marfar7

I think it depends on the person. For me one would never be enough and i would search for more. But then I love chocolate but am ok with other candies. If you post sleeve have good restraint it should be ok but for me this is a trigger food and makes me want more. Also as long as its not in the house I'm ok. So if I buy a single Cadbury egg and eat it anywhere but my house I'm ok. I don't know why that differentiation exists for me but it does.

For me, moderation. That stuff is all over when you have kids and a husband who is thin, but works like a horse, and eats a ton. I think I actually have more junk food in my house now than prior to surgery. Before, we had to leave the house to get junk food. The problem was, I was turning every trip to the gas station, pharmacy etc. into an excuse for junk food! I have lots of high Protein Snacks, vegetables, and yogurt around for daily snacking. But, if I get an urge for some baked chips, a big crunchy pretzel, a very rare couple pieces of chocolate I have some. The wonderful part about my sleeve...Even with "slider foods", add a little protein and eat it "mindfully" and you wont eat that much (thank you sleevey) As long as Im eating right the rest of the time, I don't feel bad eating it. That is how my relationship with food has changed and I love it.

Those things are like crack! I saw some yesterday and thought maybe it was part of the initiative against childhood obesity. By the time Easter rolls around, the kids won't be able to chew any of it.

I agree, it's individual. I know that as soon as I take in any sugar or higher carb items, I start craving them and want more. Unfortunately, I need to keep them out of my house. I'll allow for a treat now and then in moderation, but I can't keep any supply at home. At work, I can avoid the junk always, at home it's harder.

Cadbury mini eggs - like crack to me. I think they lace these things with heroin to keep people hooked.

Should we ban these favorite goodies from our lives or practice moderation to stay happy?

51PYqnn1NBL._SL500_SL160_.jpg300px-Cadbury-Mini-Eggs-Wrapper-Small.jp

Marfar7

I will lead the picket line to ban these goodies/candies et al :lol:

i also usually abstain

this is the way i treat most things that i can get addicted to too easily

when i have a bite of something, it feels like a tease - i want more

so not having any works for me

i tip my hat to all you dudes and dudettes -_-

working in in an office all day/or have kids/SO at home that eat that junk :angry:

must be so much harder to be tempted and give in sometimes :(

DON'T give in, please

people have been shot for less :D

hold your head up high - be strong!!!! :)

I know you can

you never know when the food police (or me ;) )might see you :lol:

happy easter to all :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I choose to ban. For me it is easier. I simply do not know when to quit.

OMG!!!! I love them too. :P My co-worker knows and got me a little bag the other day. I ate half one day and half the next day, I usually crave chocolate once a month ;) I am sure with moderation I am ok.

I know the stores are putting things out so earlier each year it's crazy. I to love them. I could eat a bag by myself before my sleeve, I was a chochohalic . Now if I take a bite of something I used to love it's usually too sweet so that it taste bad and I don't want it. It's funny how the sleeve has changed my taste. I'm so glad that it works that way. When I want somthing sweet I fix flouless chocolate peantbutter Cookies, 2 cups peanutebutter, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup truvia baking sugar, 1/2cup brrownsugar with splenda, 1 tsp vanilla mix well spoon on to parchment paper and bake oh I forgot the coco powder to taste. They turn out pretty good. I eat one or two depeding on size of cookie a day, my son in law devours most of them.

Good luck

Those mini eggs are crack, I agree. And the Cadbury filled chocolate eggs. They are out waaay too early in my opinion. We aren't even past Valentine's!

I need to stay away myself. I'm an addict. For many months after surgery I didn't crave candy at all, but now I like it just fine LOL. At least I can't eat much. Must. Stay. Away.

I know the stores are putting things out so earlier each year it's crazy. I to love them. I could eat a bag by myself before my sleeve, I was a chochohalic . Now if I take a bite of something I used to love it's usually too sweet so that it taste bad and I don't want it. It's funny how the sleeve has changed my taste. I'm so glad that it works that way. When I want somthing sweet I fix flouless chocolate peantbutter Cookies,2 cups peanutebutter, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup truvia baking sugar, 1/2cup brrownsugar with splenda, 1 tsp vanilla mix well spoon on to parchment paper and bake oh I forgot the coco powder to taste. They turn out pretty good. I eat one or two depeding on size of cookie a day, my son in law devours most of them.

Good luck

Last year (lapband slipped, was totally unfilled) before my revision, I ate numerous bags of these little beauties. Don't think I ever ate a whole bag in 1 sitting but a handful every nite only takes a few days to empty a bag. Add to that Starburst Jelly Beans and u have a recipe for disaster.

Thank God now that I've been sleeved for 6 mths I can have maybe 6 of em and be satisfied. I can eat 1 cookie at a time also. Hubby gets angry when I bring this stuff into the house cuz he can't stop at one. He has to eat the whole bag.

Ur choc/pb Cookies sound amazing. Maybe I'll try it out. Usually about 8 pm I'm hungry and I'll have 1/2 an apple with almond butter on it and thats usually good enuf to help my sweet tooth.