Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How far out are you and what exercises are you doing? I am almost 6 weeks out and have only done the elliptical for 15 minutes a couple times this week. I had someone mention getting a personal trainer that will work with what I am able to do but that makes me nervous. Input?

I am 8 weeks out. Still not able to exercise because of no energy and dizzy. I was told that I would come around. My blood work 4 weeks after showed a b1 defeniciency. Doctor indicated thst was my problem. Just wish they would start working so I can get on with life. I am always tired and want to sleep.

I am almost two months out. I JUST started exercising. I play competitive court volleyball for a couple hours once a week, and honestly that's about all I'm willing to put in at this point. My busy work schedule and lack of energy really hinder vigorous activity for me. When I know it's a day I'm going to be exercising, I be sure to try to get 1200 or so cals because otherwise, I will feel just really crappy (like low blood sugar feeling) afterwards. I probably could be doing more, but I'm losing pretty rapidly (45 lbs in 2 months) and would rather not push too hard at this point. Because we as sleevers take in so few calories, it can make long hard workouts pretty daunting. If I were you, I'd start slow with a 20-30 mins walk 3-4 times a week. Work your way unto it and for gods sake, listen to your body! Hydrate really well on workout days and add a few hundred more calories. Good luck!

I worry about the calories all the time. I'm only able to get in maybe 500 right now and my surgeon said it's fine as long as I'm getting all the Protein in, but I feel like it's Sooo few

I worry about the calories all the time. I'm only able to get in maybe 500 right now and my surgeon said it's fine as long as I'm getting all the Protein in, but I feel like it's Sooo few

Just listen to your body. For me I feel really low if I don't get at least 700-800 cals daily. And you don't want your body to go into starvation mode either, so try adding more cals from high protein sources like shakes and cheese etc. and most of all, listen to you body. If you feel crappy when exercising, wait a little longer until you're able to get closer to 1000 cals daily. :)

I'm 7 weeks out and doing lots of cardio. I ran 3 miles yesterday. I'm also doing spinning and playing ice hockey. I started doing yoga as well each is great. I have been working out almost every day. I think I may be replacing my food addiction with exercise, but that may be ok.

Once I see my surgeon on Monday I am hoping to be released to start lifting weights. Then I will add that in about 2 days per week.

My doctor said I was free to do cardio as long as I was not hurting. I worked up slowly with walk / running and my strength has really come back well.

I'm 7 weeks out and doing lots of cardio. I ran 3 miles yesterday. I'm also doing spinning and playing ice hockey. I started doing yoga as well each is great. I have been working out almost every day. I think I may be replacing my food addiction with exercise, but that may be ok.

Once I see my surgeon on Monday I am hoping to be released to start lifting weights. Then I will add that in about 2 days per week.

My doctor said I was free to do cardio as long as I was not hurting. I worked up slowly with walk / running and my strength has really come back well.

That's amazing. How many calories do you get in at this point?

I'm glad you started this thread. I have been trying to get some cardio in but I have been too tired and dizzy (i'm only two weeks out). I'm hoping this improves in the next two weeks. I add in more walking to my day but I can tell I'm not ready for hardcore workouts yet. I just bought a treadmill instead of a couch for my living room :)

I prefer lifting weights to cardio so I'm looking forward to clearance for that. It tends to help my weight loss much more than anything else. Right now the lack of energy sucks.

What works for me is walking five days a week. I am up to three miles a day and my goal is to reach five miles five days a week.

I am getting close to 800 calories per day. I really focus on Protein avg 60-80 g / day.

as someone who is 10.5 months out of surgery, my best advice to you is to start doing something, anything. make it a habit to exercise a few days a week. I started out by walking for 20 minutes 4x a week. but the most important thing is to start and to make time to do it. its easy to make excuses, but you should be able to at least walk a little and that's all it takes to start. once you make exercising a habit, it will develop into something youll look forward to. im now training for my first 26.2 mile marathon after having already run a few 13.1 mile half marathons. this from a 50 year old who couldn't walk for more than 20 minutes when I first had surgery. and I never ran ever! what has gotten me to this point...not making excuses as to why I cant exercise, so make the decision to help yourself and start something today! good luck.

Im 4 months next week and I'm doing the elliptical, recombamt bike, and a Water jogging class. There are yoga days as well.

I will have a heavy cardio day, followed by a light workout day, then rest day. I keep on that pattern.