Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I used them. Not sure if they helped but they can't hurt. Can you try plain Tylenol? The narcotics will definitly slow gastric motility and make you hold onto pain/gas. I know I wanted to take it but didn't want to crush plain Tylenol and the children's liquid is so sweet unless you can find the sugar free (which I couldn't).

I took Children Tylenol not thinking about the sugar content and dumped. It went right through me. Wasn't expecting that. Finding a pain relief over the counter is hard. Gas pain wasn't a problem for me but I notice when I drunk Water after walking gas came out more.

Thanks everyone! Cannot believe 7 days ago I was on my way to hospital for surgery!

Day 6 was definitely the most painful. I think the gravity affect is causing the abdominal wall pain. The gas is the extreme shoulder pain.

Today's goal: sipping a full Protein Shake, not just 4oz. Protein protein protein, walk walk walk.

Jeanne so glad to hear you are doing so well! You are definitely one of the all-stars. Keep it up!

I went back to work today. Got a lot done but holy cow did I feel wiped out. No energy whatsoever and very cloudy headed. Lack of calories will do that to ya though! Luckily I work from home twice a week.

It's weird hearing how cold everyone is. I'm in so cal and commute out to Palm Springs for work. It was a little over 90 degrees out there today.

Picked up mashed potatoes from KFC and have had a couple spoonfuls. They are VERY filling. It's weird, I was anticipating the typical "full" feeling. But this new full feeling is very different than I expected. It's more like a "uh yeah go ahead and take another bite and see what happens, I dare ya". Not the satisfying full that I used to feel. Definitely still trying to get used to it...

Sorry for rambling.

You aren't rambling at all. Love to hear how everyone is doing. It feels good to know there are others out there.

Yesterday, it was like someone flipped a light switch at about 3pm. I suddenly had energy and felt great. I mean GREAT. (Well, not Deluded great...lol. But like really good peppy great.) it was two hours or so after I had my Iron pill, and I made sure to take it with practically zero Calcium (hard to do) and a Vitamin C. Words cannot express how much better I feel! ( I am writing this at 5am... Got up without an alarm). I'm wondering if the iron finally kicked in. They say it takes a few days to a week. Before then, I felt like something the cat dragged in. If I was up moving, I just felt confused and like I wanted to pass out.

I'm not even going to comment on your weather! Lol. It is 17 degrees and MI is still covered in crater sized potholes. I drive a big truck and they still jar you so bad they rattle your teeth. Good grief.

So I figured out a way to describe this new feeling to my husband... "You know when you are at Maggiano's (amazing multi course meal with a trillion calories) and you are at the end, are so so so full, and they bring out the Desserts and set them down in front of you? Now, there is no way that bite is gonna fit...but you take that bite anyway and you can feel it on the tippy top of your stomach? It's like that --- all the time." And that he could understand.

Lastly, I have to say without Premier Protein shakes, I would be toast. They have 30g of Protein and are small. I must admit they are getting to be gross. But I'm not aware of anything else that comes close to that protein density, so I will continue to "chug em" down. (At the rate of one per half hour. Ugh) anyone with tiny yet protein packed shake ideas.... I would live to hear them!

One week ago I was getting ready for the hospital. Feels like a lifetime ago in some ways. Wow. My turn to apologize for the rambling now!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am day 15. I have been able to tolerate all foods added to my diet so far. I use baby spoons& I don't push it to the "full" feeling. If it's a new food I eat it alone the first time then wait to see if there are any affects. I am proceeding VERY slowly & cautiously. I don't think it's necessary to eat until the full feeling, right now it's about introducing foods back into our bodies.

I am going to show my age here....Oprah once lost a ton of weight on Optifast, I was reading about it yesterday. Since optifast is basically Protein Shakes, it's similar to us right now. She said what she didn't realize was that her metabolism was shot so when she began eating regular foods she immediately gained her weight back. Her body didn't know how to breakdown the foods. Another reason We need to go slowly adding foods back in, give our metabolisms time to come back. We don't want to regain what we have lost :)

I'm day 12. For lunch at work I had 1/2 c of er fried Beans with 1/4 c of shredded cheese, melted. I ate 3/4 of it over 30 min. So what's 3/4 of 3/4th??? Anyway. It tasted wonderful. It's sitting a little heavy but no pain. I agree with the Maggiano's feeling. My best friend just glared at me (in a very loving and funny way) when I said I felt stuffed. I haven't lost anything in a few days. I don't know if it's starvation mode? First stall? Constipation (yes)? But my energy levels are better at 600 - 700 calories. I can try oatmeal and scrambled eggs at the end of the week. That will be weird. Still can't wait to chew something though! Also - Pure Protein Shakes have a 35g 4carb in 11 ounces. They are doable. The 23g one is better tasting but this is good bang for the buck. I was told we really don't absorb more than 20g at a time.

Jeanne so glad to hear you are doing so well! You are definitely one of the all-stars. Keep it up!

I went back to work today. Got a lot done but holy cow did I feel wiped out. No energy whatsoever and very cloudy headed. Lack of calories will do that to ya though! Luckily I work from home twice a week.

It's weird hearing how cold everyone is. I'm in so cal and commute out to Palm Springs for work. It was a little over 90 degrees out there today.

Picked up mashed potatoes from KFC and have had a couple spoonfuls. They are VERY filling. It's weird, I was anticipating the typical "full" feeling. But this new full feeling is very different than I expected. It's more like a "uh yeah go ahead and take another bite and see what happens, I dare ya". Not the satisfying full that I used to feel. Definitely still trying to get used to it...

Sorry for rambling.

You aren't rambling at all. Love to hear how everyone is doing. It feels good to know there are others out there.

Yesterday, it was like someone flipped a light switch at about 3pm. I suddenly had energy and felt great. I mean GREAT. (Well, not Deluded great...lol. But like really good peppy great.) it was two hours or so after I had my Iron pill, and I made sure to take it with practically zero Calcium (hard to do) and a Vitamin C. Words cannot express how much better I feel! ( I am writing this at 5am... Got up without an alarm). I'm wondering if the iron finally kicked in. They say it takes a few days to a week. Before then, I felt like something the cat dragged in. If I was up moving, I just felt confused and like I wanted to pass out.

I'm not even going to comment on your weather! Lol. It is 17 degrees and MI is still covered in crater sized potholes. I drive a big truck and they still jar you so bad they rattle your teeth. Good grief.

So I figured out a way to describe this new feeling to my husband... "You know when you are at Maggiano's (amazing multi course meal with a trillion calories) and you are at the end, are so so so full, and they bring out the Desserts and set them down in front of you? Now, there is no way that bite is gonna fit...but you take that bite anyway and you can feel it on the tippy top of your stomach? It's like that --- all the time." And that he could understand.

Lastly, I have to say without Premier Protein shakes, I would be toast. They have 30g of Protein and are small. I must admit they are getting to be gross. But I'm not aware of anything else that comes close to that protein density, so I will continue to "chug em" down. (At the rate of one per half hour. Ugh) anyone with tiny yet protein packed shake ideas.... I would live to hear them!

One week ago I was getting ready for the hospital. Feels like a lifetime ago in some ways. Wow. My turn to apologize for the rambling now!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

That's actually a very good way to describe the full feeling! And I hear ya about the Premier Protein.

So mashed potatoes are a no go. I gained a lb overnight after eating them. I think it has to do with the starvation mode kicking in, my body is storing fat wherever it gets it.

Right now I am eating a little bit of scrambled eggs with a pinch of shredded cheese and some fresh salsa. Soo good. lunch is a hit and miss... usually I am still too full from my egg to even think about lunch. I had some no sugar added applesauce earlier so this might hold me until dinnertime. We are meeting some friends at Chik-Fil-A (YIKES! Eating out sucks.) They have some chicken Soup that I plan on sipping the broth out of.

We went to Chick fil a last week after soccer practice and I sipped the broth from the Soup. It was pretty good. I may or may not have licker a waffle fry. But the soup was pretty good.

Licked, not liker! Lol

Still feeling very full after eating less than 1/2 cup of retried Beans at 12:00. OMG. I'm still stuffed. No pain, but hard to get liquids in because I'm so full. Cajun- are you finding the same for you?

There are 2 March threads so I combined everyone from both on to one list by surgery date. I would love so much to keep in touch with everyone as we go through our journeys. ! *************MARCH SLEEVERS************ behrat, March 3 smjnewme, March 3 SkinnyMinnyIwillBe, March 4 niassy151, March 5 kellyann1, March 5 lgmann78, March 5 vdub_tx, March 5 Ashleigh606, March 10 KajunGumbo, March 10 rmc32587, March 10 Jen40, March 11 kkrose, March 11 JurneeOfOne, March 12 adelair6, March 13 darneka1, March 13 MyYear2014, March 14 TheWigster, March 17 snookiebaybehx3, March 19 darneka1, March 20 honeyg317, March 20 Lynne1029, March 20 nana banana, March 26 Chriisty Diiane, March 28 GettingBackToNormal, March 28 Heather - VSG, March 31st yodasplash, March 31 If I have forgotten anyone or need corrections please feel free to copy/paste. Oh wouldn't it be nice to have a catchy name for our little group? Any Ideas?

March 19

I am 13 days in. Not only will I be 2 weeks post op tomorrow it will also be my birthday!!!! This was my gift to myself. I said I wanted to be under 200lbs for my birthday and I've already reached my goal my weight day of surgery was 219.7 today I am 195.2 I'm down 24.5lbs in 13 days I swear it seem so unreal. The weight and inches are coming off so fast it is almost scary. Tomorrow I am pulling out the tape measure!!! :)

I am 7 days out and am never hungry and have not been able to tolerate Protein, I finally got 8oz down today but it hurts going down, I have tried it at different temps, and different types but it just ain't working. Any advice

I could tolerate cold or warm best, but not hotl stuff. Try to add unflavored Protein to a can of Soup, add Water and purée so it's thin. That's what helped me. I liked my Protein Shakes over ice. Warm tea, no protein, helps me so much. I moved to retried Beans today. No pain but sooooooooo full. Not ready. I'm going to back off to liquids and yogurt tomorrow.

I am 13 days in. Not only will I be 2 weeks post op tomorrow it will also be my birthday!!!! This was my gift to myself. I said I wanted to be under 200lbs for my birthday and I've already reached my goal my weight day of surgery was 219.7 today I am 195.2 I'm down 24.5lbs in 13 days I swear it seem so unreal. The weight and inches are coming off so fast it is almost scary. Tomorrow I am pulling out the tape measure!!! :)

Congratulations!!!

Yes, I agree with you for sure... The weight loss is kind of a bit SCARY! I lost 21 lbs in six days. I mean really, how much can a stomach weigh??? (That was a joke, btw).

This weight loss solution is truly extreme --- on all levels!

Please add me to the list. I had surgery march 12. Had a few down days after hurting myself doing too much. I just felt so good on the 8th day! Believe them when they say no lifting, no bending, and no twisting. The docs really mean it when they say walking only :)

Edited by sizzsooz