Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I am new to this forum but wanted to add myself to the March 2014 Sleevers. I look forward to keeping in touch and getting good tips. My surgery date was March 18th so I am 5 days post op and feeling great. I am missing solid foods but I know it will be worth it in the end. Are there any Mississippi Sleevers out there?

***************MARCH2014 SLEEVERS************

SteveH, February 25

Amy P, March 3

behrat, March 3

Jerziegirl, March 3

Lady KatieBug, March 3

smjnewme, March 3

Two.Penguins, March 3

jallsop, March 4

TatiB, March 4

SkinnyMinnyIwillBe, March 4

btlombardo68, March 5

kb88, March 5

niassy151, March 5

kellyann1, March 5

lgmann78, March 5

MaryRS, March 5

vdub_tx, March 5

BananaBelly2B, March 6

danaevett, March 6

mizzzmoka, March 6

New me 3/6/13, March 6

Ashleigh606, March 10

KajunGumbo, March 10

Rebecca76, March 10

rmc32587, March 10

sjr7522, March 10

canuckinoslo, March 11

Jen40, March 11

kkrose, March 11

new-mamma, March 11

JurneeOfOne, March 12

sweet4422, March 12

wonderful66, March 12

adelair6, March 13

CrazyJaney, March 13

darneka1, March 13

TheOldMeAgain, March 13

MyYear2014, March 14

survivingsleever, March 14

abbyabby, March 17

brendagibbs, March 17

Jc80, March 17

Stephen T, March 17

TheWigster, March 17

Jaime_Boston, March 18

6'1Mommy, March 18

southernrebelqueen, March 18

snookiebaybehx3, March 19

darneka1, March 20

honeyg317, March 20

Lynne1029, March 20

chargersmommy, March 22

CurvyCakes, March 24

Jeanne14, March 24

nana banana, March 26

Chriisty Diiane, March 28

GettingBackToNormal, March 28

Heather - VSG, March 31st

yodasplash, March 31

Band2Sleever, March 31

Lol.. i just had to mention somehow i was left of your new and improved list! Lol. Any ways quick update.. I am tired of liquids!! I need real food. Ughhh i have follow up appt with surgeon on the 26th and he will put me on soft food i guess. :(. Im just soo tired of drinking i need texture any one in my boat??

Lol.. i just had to mention somehow i was left of your new and improved list! Lol. Any ways quick update.. I am tired of liquids!! I need real food. Ughhh i have follow up appt with surgeon on the 26th and he will put me on soft food i guess. :(. Im just soo tired of drinking i need texture any one in my boat??

5 days since surgery still unable to get all my fluids in and there in no way I can drink my Protein fully but am working toward more each day, still no pain and no more nausea, just can't wait for drain to be removed,enjoying losing weight

5 days since surgery still unable to get all my fluids in and there in no way I can drink my Protein fully but am working toward more each day, still no pain and no more nausea, just can't wait for drain to be removed,enjoying losing weight

I was still struggling at 5 days. It's still a struggle but closer each day. Day 11 and I am close to 60. Still hard.

What a difference a day makes! Today was day 6 and the gas pains are gone. Those things hurt like the dickens! So glad they are gone when I woke up!

They have been replaced with a chill. Not like a little chill...more like a "I am never ever gonna get warm despite this mountain of blankets" kind of chill. I am embarrassed to say I took three showers to warm up today. I googled it and I guess it's common due to loss of Ghrelin. Then I found this link:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/183530-ghrelin-and-sleep-and-heat-regulation/

As I venture to work tomorrow morning for the first time since surgery, I am sure to dress like I am from the Arctic Circle. Sheesh.

I hope everyone is feeling okay this evening....

- Beth

I know what you mean LaGueri. I am so sick of broth and Jello. Looking forward to something different I have my follow up on the 26th also but

My next food level is full liquids. No soft foods for another 4 weeks.

You got a double whammy being cold with living in Detroit! I'm in TN now but I've had empathy for all my fam and friends up there this winter. You sure it's not a fever though? I'm cold but I can usually get ok with enough layers. I love my hot shower more than ever now!

Today's the day! I'm off to the hospital for my 10:00am surgery!! Can't believe how calm I am. I'll try to post an update when it's done, if I'm up to it. Good luck to all who are going in today!

Today's the day! I'm off to the hospital for my 10:00am surgery!! Can't believe how calm I am. I'll try to post an update when it's done, if I'm up to it. Good luck to all who are going in today!

Best of luck!!! You will do great. Remember the first few days can be a doozey, but it quickly gets better after that. Good luck!!!!

Hi, I am new to this forum. I had my surgery on 18 mar. I too am having some of the issues stated here. I feel like I am freezing one minute(shaking with sore stomach muscles is not fun) and sweating in the next 2. I know it was my stomach they removed right? It wasn't my thermostat.

As for Protein, ugh, nausea is bad. More is the fear of actually heaving. I have read some good ideas for shakes in here. I am also going to call my sponsor. She might actually have some good ideas if this is gas, hunger,or acid.

To all who have their surgeries this week, good luck and remember the saying," this too shall pass".

Sleeved on 18th updates:

gas is still settled in left shoulder. Incision areas are very sore but to be expected. Fluid intake is going well. 8oz at a time sipped slowly over an hour are working for me (water, crystal light, propel zero, or Protein shake). The liquids don't stay in our new pouch but pass right through unless they are thick liquids. My dr. allows for thin oatmeal, Greek yogurt and sf pudding. So in between all the liquids I do 1 yogurt a day and maybe a broth / blenderized Soup for dinner.

The toughest part is trying to determine if the weird stomach noises are hunger or full.. I keep reminding myself that the liquids aren't filling the pouch unless I drink really fast.

Hi, I am new to this forum. I had my surgery on 18 mar. I too am having some of the issues stated here. I feel like I am freezing one minute(shaking with sore stomach muscles is not fun) and sweating in the next 2. I know it was my stomach they removed right? It wasn't my thermostat.

As for Protein, ugh, nausea is bad. More is the fear of actually heaving. I have read some good ideas for shakes in here. I am also going to call my sponsor. She might actually have some good ideas if this is gas, hunger,or acid.

To all who have their surgeries this week, good luck and remember the saying," this too shall pass".

I had surgery on March 18th also. I went to work and lasted 1.5 hours. I am home now about to try to work on the couch. Muuuuuch easier!

Lmk what your doctor says about the freezing thing. I've read a lot about Gherlin controlling hunger and temperature... But I never trust what I read on the internet. It would make sense that the whopping 400 calories a day I am getting isn't enough to keep me fueled. I think my body is choosing between breathing and pumping a heart - or heating me. At 400 calories, there likely isn't enough fuel to do it all. Lol.

But who knows. Hoping Day 7 is a good one for you!

Beth

Had my surgerythis morning. Everything went well and I'm settled into my hospital room. The operation took just under two hours. When I woke up in recovery it was like waking from a nap. I had some pain in my stomach. Not horrible, they gave me a pain med in my iv, then I felt fine. I was slightly nauseous, so they gave me a med for that and I haven't felt nauseous since. Then I started getting the uncomfortable gas in your body feeling (which I knew would happen because of the air they pump into your diaphragm during surgery.) It was particularly in my chest. But once again, I told them and they had a med for it! About four hours since those meds, started getting a little pain back. It hurts most when I laugh or get up, but overall I am feeling really good!! I have been wide awake, my family can't believe how good I am doing. Just wanted to let everyone know how it went. Hopefully I don't sound too loopy. I'll update you again soon. Happy to be on the wat to healing!