Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had some nausea immediatly after surgery but once i took the medecine i havent bad nausea. Ive had afairly easy recovery so far. Walking has been very easy for me and i have minimal pain. My advice would be use you pain pump thus makes it tolerable to get up walking and move around in bed ect. Id say without this pump i wouldnt have done 18 laps around my wing

Now the pump doesnt take all my pain away i do still have pain but nothing like when first out of surgery

I'm 9 days post-op, started out taking 15 min walks, slowly increased each day. Now I'm able to take 30 minute walks 4x a day. It gets better each morning I wake up.

I had terrible nausea. I always do with anesthesia and narcotics. I was better after the first 24 and it was gone after 48. It did slow me down walking those first 2 days. I definitely empathize! Hang in there. It gets better.

Hi, I'm in this Tuesday, March 25th! I'm trying to keep myself mentally calm because I am ready to jump out of my skin ???? . I made sure all of my Vitamins and meds were ready as well as my pantry/fridge ready for the first week of surgery. The only thing I didn't "stock-up" on was the Protein Shakes because I really can't stand them and have a hard time getting them down. I finally settled on Premier Protein at least for a week and maybe something better will come along. Any suggestions on Protein shakes/shots?

Pure Protein has been my favorite. Atkins are good but not a Big Bang for your buck as far as grams of protein go. You will need some though. No way to get in enough without them.

Hi, I'm in this Tuesday, March 25th! I'm trying to keep myself mentally calm because I am ready to jump out of my skin dde33 . I made sure all of my Vitamins and meds were ready as well as my pantry/fridge ready for the first week of surgery. The only thing I didn't "stock-up" on was the Protein Shakes because I really can't stand them and have a hard time getting them down. I finally settled on Premier Protein at least for a week and maybe something better will come along. Any suggestions on Protein shakes/shots?

Like'em or not there's no way to survive the first month without the protein shakes/powders. Try harder to find one you can handle.

Got out of surgery at 1pm everything's went great had some minor gas pain but been walking every hour had some nausea but it's gone now. Feeling good right this moment

I know I def need the Protein supplements the first month, I just don't want to buy a whole bunch of the same one because I know I'll get sick of it quick. I'm not a big fan of Protein Shakes after taste. I think that's what bothers me the most. One of the ladies having surgery around the same time as me at the pre-op class mentioned protein shots...anyone know of any good ones that fall within the "guidelines?"

I had terrible nausea. I always do with anesthesia and narcotics. I was better after the first 24 and it was gone after 48. It did slow me down walking those first 2 days. I definitely empathize! Hang in there. It gets better.

Can you tell me what pain meds you are on? Everything I take makes me want to throw up. I am still in the hospital. I finally told the nurse, "let's try Tylenol". My nausea is that bad.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Oh honey, I was right there with you! The pain was worst in the hospital. I could only have IV meds the day of. I was sooooooo sick from the anesthesia and the IV morphine. I finally asked for liquid Tylenol which they didn't have so they crushed up some and I took it. (Sometime in the wee hours of the morning, maybe 12 hours post op). They tasted terrible. In the morning, after my doctor rounded, he ordered liquid lortab. It still made me a little nauseous but keep taking the zofran or phenergan. The right mix was liquid lortab (15 ml) and the zofran or phenergan. Unfortunately, the meds they use during anesthesia cause nausea. It jus takes about 24 hours for those to clear - at least for me. It"s been like this for me every time I've had anesthesia. Hate it! I feel for you but you will feel better within the first 24 after surgery. Get off the IV pain meds as soon as you can! I feel ya!

Got out of surgery at 1pm everything's went great had some minor gas pain but been walking every hour had some nausea but it's gone now. Feeling good right this moment

welcome to the losers side

My sleeve is scheduled for next week (3/26). I am on day 8 of my liquid diet. I have tried several different types of Protein Drinks. Boost Glucose Control, Unjury, EAS, etc. But, today, I tried Chike banana, and it was DELICIOUS! :)

Edited by AJ-NC

My sleeve is scheduled for next week (3/26). I am on day 8 of my liquid diet. I have tried several different types of Protein drinks. Boost Glucose Control, Unjury, EAS, etc. But, today, I tried Chike Banana, and it was DELICIOUS! :)

protein drinks will be your best friend for quite awhile, don't buy too much. Some people say their taste buds change Afterwards. My friend used to be a chocoholic prior to surgery now she gets nauseous even smelling chocolate ;)

Day after surgery doing very well very little pain, had my swallowing test done this morning and all went well. Felling blessed