Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And waiting in the emergency room. Ugh really didn't want to be back in the place 3 weeks after surgery.

So sorry to hear this!!! Good luck to you!!! You will be just fine. Just remember to drink, drink, and drink some more!!!

GET some G2 Gatorade and drink 1/2 G2 and 1/2 Water..If you do this every day it will help your dehydration....It builds electrolytes....

I don't understand why they don't tell people about that....Saves you from going to emerg for dehydration....K

Hydration gets easier around the 4-5 week mark, or at least it did for me. Almost overnight. I get most of my medical needs met through a walk-in clinic, I was suprised to learn that they offered IV fluids without going to the ER. In case I ever need fluids it saves me the $150 ER co-pay. I would check into a walk in clinic in your area.

They admitted me. On top of being dehydrated they found some elevated levels in my blood. They did some ultrasounds and looks like I have pancreatitis. The walk in clinic wouldn't do an IV in me. They made me go to the ER :(

They admitted me. On top of being dehydrated they found some elevated levels in my blood. They did some ultrasounds and looks like I have pancreatitis. The walk in clinic wouldn't do an IV in me. They made me go to the ER :(

So sorry, Amanda. I hope you start feeling better soon. I know you've had such a rough go of it. (((Hugs)))

Oh man I am so sorry! I had a similar experience on Christmas Eve, I was in tons of pain slight fever on call said I think your dehydrated get some fluids tmw and if your fever goes up or doesn't go down go to the ER well it was down! So the day after it goes back up worried I have a leak they send me to ER(I'm 4 weeks out at this point) turns out my sleeve is perfect but I have Splenomegaly and it's not just enlarged but HUGE! They send me home with no further labs or tests! My surgeon calls in the am very worried, sent for stat Mono test which was negative :/ so for now we've been taking the wait & see approach, the pain I had was likely my spleen squishing my stomach closed! That has resolved but my ultrasound yesterday still shows splenomegaly! They said I likely caught a virus and it just attacked my spleen! Regardless I feel like crap(and have for a month) and now no exercise either until it's back to normal!

It's not the exact problem but I get where you're coming from and how you feel! Hang in there it's all so scary, but chances are it isn't your sleeves fault ;). You're in my thoughts keep us updated!

GET some G2 Gatorade and drink 1/2 G2 and 1/2 Water..If you do this every day it will help your dehydration....It builds electrolytes....

I don't understand why they don't tell people about that....Saves you from going to emerg for dehydration....K

I agree with RJ, I used to hate gatorade but now I make sure to drink i bottle a day to stay hydrated. I even have on my bedside so at night when i feel my hydration levels are low i just take a few sips and it really helps.

Hope you feel better soon!!

I am really worried about this too! How can I have enough fluids AND eat enough to stay healthy? HELP! I live in AZ and this is a dry climate. I drink at lest 6 bottles of Water a day now, what happens after surgery????

Boy I will be stocking up on Gatorade because my er copay is $500..yes my insurance is not that good

Hydration gets easier around the 4-5 week mark, or at least it did for me. Almost overnight. I get most of my medical needs met through a walk-in clinic, I was suprised to learn that they offered IV fluids without going to the ER. In case I ever need fluids it saves me the $150 ER co-pay. I would check into a walk in clinic in your area.

Boy I will be stocking up on Gatorade because my er copay is $500..yes my insurance is not that good

Remember G2 okay!

Any update on the Pancreatitis? How r u feeling?

Oh my gosh I'm sending positive thoughts your way. I'm guessing the pancreatitis has nothing to do with the sleeve? Yes definitely get some G2 or what I drink is power aid zero everyday. I also keep it by the bed at night. Never had a problem with dehydration and I'm able to drink full swallows without sipping at four weeks out. Get ur fluids and antibiotics in and u should be good as new in no time. Thinking of u thru the hard times.