Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lump undneath incision site?

I feel more pain under this incision than the other 4. I also feel what is like a very slight tugging sensation. I wondering I'd this could be my port or is this something I should call the dr about? Oh and unrelated to that I have a sharp pain almost near my ribs by my stomach. None of these are new pains... I have had them all since surgery (Jan 23) they are just uncomfortable.

The port site could feel a bit lumpy and hard mine was tender for quite a long time after surgery. The other incisions were not so bad and once they healed I was able to forget about them, but the port site was noticeable to me for a long while after. A sharp tugging pain could mean that you are doing a bit too much.

If any of the sites are red around the area of the incision or warm to the touch you could be brewing an infection.

Since you are expressing concern about the surgical sites my best advice to you is to give your doctors office a call and have them ease your mind.

We can all give you an idea of how it was for us, but a quick call to the doc's office will help set your mind at ease, and get you help if you should need it.

Congrats on your band, and I hope your feeling 100% soon.

Edited by lisacaron

I had all of those feelings. I kept thinking I was tearing one of my incisions every time I got out of bed. It gets better. Just move slowly and carefully.

My port site has a slightly larger incision. You can feel the port underneath the skin (it's probably a bump). And yes you may feel some tugging to start with because they've probably stitched your port to your muscles. But if you have concerns call up your doc's office and just ask, I am sure they will be happy to put your mind at ease.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches