Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marijuana

For those of you who use marijuana for medicinal or recreational purposes... How have the 'munchies' affected you post op?

-for those of you who are anti-marijuana, your negativity on the topic is unwelcome.

Edited by KristinaRnY

-for those of you who are anti-marijuana, your negativity on the topic is unwelcome.

That part made me laugh and I appreciate the laughter. Not sure why but it did :)

I'm in Florida where it's still illegal and I'm primarily anti-mj. I know it has it's benefits and all, but it's illegal here. That's the only reason why I'm against it.

The only ones that I know that use it, only do it recreationally and they didn't have wls so I'm not much help. I'm only commenting to say thanks for the laugh today. ????

make sure Protein filled/low cal Snacks are handy/near by

I've been consuming Marijuana since I had surgery and for quite some time before as well. I find it helps me a great deal with nausea and anxiety. I don't roll joints or use a bong since I'm scared of carcinogens and other chemicals. I have something called a (Volcano) vaporizer. It's much more healthy to consume MJ this way. I also bake with MJ but don't eat goodies often since they give me maaaaaad munchies! :D It's illegal here in NY but it might as well be legalized since the cops don't care (unless you're colored!) and you only get a ticket if caught with under an OZ. Just make sure you munch on carrot sticks and fruit instead of cake and sweets!!

Unless you're colored?? Are we in the 1960's again?

Edited by Sarahjane79

What's the proper way to say black person ? African american ? I am sorry for not using the proper term. Sheesh!!! sounds like you sure could use a puff! The NY cops will stop and frisk anyone that's dark skinned. That includes spanish people. I can't wait until they legalize pot and make stop and frisk illegal. We live in the USA people. There are rights and freedoms guaranteed by our constitution. That includes lighting one up in the privacy of my own home if I want to.

In the 2000's it was decided black wasn't a color but a shade... Would it be proper to say, "unless you are shaded!" ;-P

You young people are killing me with this. I'm actually dying over here with laughter! Who says 'colored' in this day and age? I had to check to see where you are from because you must be living in some back woods area of NY with that language. From NY...Wow!

Anything except colored or the n-word...PLEASE! I can't even respond to the message because of what you said. I'm completely stumped.

What's the proper way to say black person ? African american ? I am sorry for not using the proper term. Sheesh!!! sounds like you sure could use a puff! The NY cops will stop and frisk anyone that's dark skinned. That includes spanish people. I can't wait until they legalize pot and make stop and frisk illegal. We live in the USA people. There are rights and freedoms guaranteed by our constitution. That includes lighting one up in the privacy of my own home if I want to.

I'm perfectly calm. Just sounded reeeeeal racist is all.

I've been consuming Marijuana since I had surgery and for quite some time before as well. I find it helps me a great deal with nausea and anxiety. I don't roll joints or use a bong since I'm scared of carcinogens and other chemicals. I have something called a (Volcano) vaporizer. It's much more healthy to consume MJ this way. I also bake with MJ but don't eat goodies often since they give me maaaaaad munchies! :D It's illegal here in NY but it might as well be legalized since the cops don't care (unless you're colored!) and you only get a ticket if caught with under an OZ. Just make sure you munch on carrot sticks and fruit instead of cake and sweets!!

Dayum. I'm "colored". I'm colored a pale pinkish- white. Wish I was "colored" tan, but alas, the Irish heritage overtook the American Indian in me. I found it pretty offensive. Just sayin

Dayum. I'm "colored". I'm colored a pale pinkish- white. Wish I was "colored" tan, but alas, the Irish heritage overtook the American Indian in me. I found it pretty offensive. Just sayin

I am sorry if anyone was offended!! I'm the farthest thing from a racist and didn't mean it that way. If I was a racist I'd be pro stop and frisk.

Let's get back to the original question. Some more ideas for healthy munchy food:

• Hummus and pita chips
  • Vege chips (raw is best)
  • Vegetable slices with PB2
  • Frozen grapes
  • salad
  • Chickpeas
  • Lean meat

Make sure you prepare your food before you smoke up! Use baggies for Portion Control and don't eat out of any bags or boxes. I also heard brushing your teeth as soon as you get munchies can be a very effective way of combating them. Hope this helps.

If you were racist you'd be Pro stop and frisk"???

Jesus, racism comes at different levels and that's pretty extreme.

Anyway, nobody called you racist. They said they were offended by your lack of being even halfway politically correct. Please don't twist words into something they are not.

If you were racist you'd be Pro stop and frisk"???

Jesus, racism comes at different levels and that's pretty extreme.

Anyway, nobody called you racist. They said they were offended by your lack of being even halfway politically correct. Please don't twist words into something they are not.

Are you familiar with the ACLU ? Educate yourself a little and have a read. I'll quote the article:

The NYPD’s stop-and-frisk practices raise serious concerns over racial profiling, illegal stops and privacy rights. The Department’s own reports on its stop-and-frisk activity confirm what many people in communities of color across the city have long known: The police are stopping hundreds of thousands of law abiding New Yorkers every year, and the vast majority are black and Latino.

An analysis by the NYCLU revealed that innocent New Yorkers have been subjected to police stops and street interrogations more than 4 million times since 2002, and that black and Latino communities continue to be the overwhelming target of these tactics. Nearly nine out of 10 stopped-and-frisked New Yorkers have been completely innocent, according to the NYPD’s own reports.

Oh my! Did the ACLU just use the word COLOR ? Are you going to call them politically incorrect next ?

Pita chips and hummus and veggies are my go to Snacks right now and I try not to eat out of bags. Are munchies for you less/more intense than pre op or about the same? I was wondering because of changes in appetite. A lot of people (not all) say they don't experience physical hunger for several months post op, I was curious as to what the effects of marijuana would be with that.. I never smoked until I went through radiation and my doctor encouraged it to give me an appetite and cure nausea... Seems like it could be counter productive to some success in WLS if one doesn't have enough self control (not worried about It much as I've learned to curb my munchies). Just curious as to people's experience using after WLS.

Colored may be outdated but I don't see it as offensive, given the context she clearly wasn't attacking anyone.

Edited by KristinaRnY