Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OVER 200lbs lost never to be found

I had surgery sept 2012 starting at 448 present wt 242

I had some heart issues for almost a year during my rapid wt loss had to be off work on disability that was rough. Finally got it under control and went back to work august2013. I have become ABLE- I can chase my grandson, fit in most chairs, wipe my ass in any stall, enjoy cooking and eating, exercise ( I can swim laps for over an hour) walk a mile without debilitating pain and get in and out of a sofa with ease(I don't even think about it anymore- it used to worry me all the time once I sat down would I be able to get back up- can you say embarrassing).

I can not wait for onederland my goal is first to be under 200 then hopefully goal wt 160.

Congratulations! You are an inspiration to me. My starting weight was 498. I've lost 71 pounds, on my own and I want to lose more before my surgery date. It's rare that I see high starting numbers, so thank you for sharing you story! You give people like me hope!

Congratulations! You are an inspiration to me. My starting weight was 498. I've lost 71 pounds, on my own and I want to lose more before my surgery date. It's rare that I see high starting numbers, so thank you for sharing you story! You give people like me hope!

Thanks yes i started a group with a bunch of people who had their surgery in sept 2012, and most of them hit goal within the year. it has been a longer road for me but well worth it. congrats on the wt loss preop i did not do that well (i seemed to have my "last meal" over and over). i have alot of nice larger sized clothes i have grown out of that I could pass on to you if you like. I am 5' 7 1/2" but someone in my group is shorted and she gave me a lot of "shorter" size 18-22. let me know. i would love to "pay it forward" the generosity of the two women that sent them to me at no charge. to someone else in a similar situation. i must say its great fun to shop at Walmart or a thrift store and actually find clothes that fit! cant wait for you to have the same feeling. feel free to email or message me here for support.

I started the process at 401 pounds and right before surgery, 9 months later, I weighed 414. I know that wasn't the right direction to go in. I can relate to everything you said (especially the bathroom thing!) about not being able to move around or even get off the couch. I am down 71 pounds and already can tell such a difference in my mobility. You have inspired me! This long journey is possible!

Keep up the great work! You will enter onederland very soon!

Congrats to you all, keep up the good work.

I started at 450.3 just had surgery 1/23/14. I might be a male but had all the same feelings of where am I going to sit, can I hold it till I get home! I'm excited for this new life style! I'm encouraged to see such a high weight and see the pounds come off. More excited it was in a women as men seem to lose it a little faster so I am encouraged. Thanks for sharing and good luck on the rest of your journey. I will weigh myself for the first time since surgery tomorrow!!!!

Your inspiring post has left me grinning wide! :D Congrats on your amazing accomplishments and your fortitude for keep pressing forward!

Wow! That is awesome and very inspiring. This surgery has been a life saver for so many of us - I love reading about all the success people have had. Congratulations :)

Thanks all! I am glad I could inspire anyone. One tip I would say to everyone but especially those who have a lot to lose like I did- focus on the life style changes, making improvements to the non wt loss number issues! I could easily revert back to the bad habits of eating to comfort, over eating food and sweets especially if my wt loss stalls. Wt loss WILL STALL, it's the nature of the beast. So the nsv or non scale victories and changing life long habits are a much more emotionally satisfying focus and keeps you moving forward then scale obsession. Good luck all!

Congrats to you all for being healthy and providing encouragement for us all, I am so much look forward to be on the lossers bench. Your stories just inspire me thanks again for sharing.

I am so happy that you all are so positive , I am looking forward to joining you and reading your stories is so inspirational, and keeps me focus, I met with the surgeon on March 5 and I look forward to getting my date and joining your all. Keep the progress coming.