Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sex life after wls

How has surgery changed your sex life? Just curious. I have a friend who said she lost all desire. I'm still early out so I haven't noticed any changes.

did your friend explain why she lost her desire by any chance?

No. She didn't say. I would assume the change in hormones would contribute. However, my initial thought was that after the weight is gone I'd be more eager to get it on... lol... but I'm not there yet... guess I'll see...

I can say that I do feel sexier.... however, I have lost ALL sex drive. I have wondered if it was a hormone thing. My hubby is fantastic <sexually>, but I have wondered what the heck is up with me. I look amazing and can wear anything with confidence.

Wow, so I didn't hear this??? I know I don't have any sex drive now, like I could care less about sex right now. I haven't had my surgery yet, my date is set for March 5th so maybe this will be something that I have to talk to my doctor about next week. Have either of you spoke to your bariatric physician about this? I would like to know?

When I got to about 125/130 give or take I was loving it. Now at 105 I can live w/o it. Plus being separated I don't think about it.

TinyMamiOf3kids, so you didn't lose your sex drive till you got to where you are now, or is it just cause your seperated?

I lost any and all desire for the first 4 weeks after surgery.

Edited by trever

TinyMamiOf3kids, so you didn't lose your sex drive till you got to where you are now, or is it just cause your seperated?

I think hubby treatment killed my sex life.

I think hubby treatment killed my sex life.

I actually wondered if this was the case for myself too since I thought we were headed for a separation....

but it may not be. I have ZERO interest in sex - not with him, not with another, and not even with myself.

Man I am not sure what to say about this sex thing, I don't want to loose the urge to have a sex life with my hubby!!! I hope for you all that you can figure this one out!!!

The minute I came home I could have had sex!! Course I have to wait a few weeks :(. I don't even want to kiss my husband these days cause that almost always leads us to the bedroom. Patience patience lol

The minute I came home I could have had sex!! Course I have to wait a few weeks :(. I don't even want to kiss my husband these days cause that almost always leads us to the bedroom. Patience patience lol

OK good so its not everyone!!! I am hoping when I lose the weight there will be more sex and some freaky sex too!!! Lol cause I weight too Much to do the fun stuff now???

OK good so its not everyone!!! I am hoping when I lose the weight there will be more sex and some freaky sex too!!! Lol cause I weight too Much to do the fun stuff now???

I'm with you!! I'm hoping I want it more!!! As I've been so self conscious for sooo long!! I'm ready to turn that on it's ear! :)

Sex is great after wls I craved it my husband is happy and I'm very happy , make sure you use protection lol.