Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some advice...

I had my Endoscopy on Friday. For quite some time I've been experiencing nausea and occasional dry heavie'ness.

My G.I. tract tends to be a bit sensitive and a bout bronchitis back in November and the subsequent round of antibiotics seem to have set it off, and I have been having ulcer like symptoms.

Before I left my doctors office, I was given the report his findings: my esophagus looked fine (yay!); however, I have a erosive gastritis, of which he took several biopsies; he removed a polyp, which will also be biopsied; and finally, he took a biopsy specific to check for celiac.

My concern is the erosive gastritis. I'm hoping that it will not prevent me from having surgery.

Has anyone else had experience with this?

Thanks for your input!

Edited by fit2Bme2014

Sooo, to answer my own question: from the research I've done and input from others who have already gone down this road, I shouldn't have any problem getting the surgery... we shall see what the surgeon says about it. Nerves!

I just had a bunch of Polyps removed (2nd Endo) and was told I had extreme amounts of stomach bile. My GI says I will be fine to move forward with VSG as planned & just to make sure I take my Prilosec & Sucralfate as prescribed.

Your MDs will likely place you on PPI (like Prilosec) for a while. Unless the bipopsy discovers something untoward, likely WLS will go forward.

Edited by Arts137

I now have an Rx for Omeprazole (Prilosec), hope it starts working soon! Thanks for the input! Hope you're right!! ;)

My surgeon had me on 1 a day omeprazol when I left the hospital. It wasn't enough for me so he upped the dosage. Just an FYI if your dr has to up dosage it's cheaper as a prescription to take a higher dosage once a day than to take the same dosage twice a day. I'm tons better now but can tell pretty quickly if I forget to take it.

Hello , I have the same problem u were having and the Dr said I have to go for a mini bypass but I Rly want a sleeve ,can u tell me what happened with u? Did u do ur surgery or not ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches