Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

slow losers I want to hear from you!

And another crazy thing I have made mental note of....When I first gained weight and got to 247lbs ( on way up) I could not believe how fat I was. I felt horrible, thought I looked hideous and wanted to crawl in a hole and hide. Now, on the way down, I can't be more opposite. I am amazed at how small my body is looking. I am proud of getting here.

Roo - this statement really resonated with me. I have thought a number of times in the past few weeks, that at 204 pounds I look smaller than I did when I was in the 170's (and gaining). It's weird. I put on a top that is seriously 15 years old and it almost fits - I weighed about 170 when I wore it on a regular basis. My butt is smaller than it has ever been, I think...at least it feels smaller!

I attribute this to FAT LOSS...not just weight. We're actually losing that fat. It's not Water weight from the first weeks of a fad diet. It's not lean muscle mass because we are starving ourselves for the 20th time in our adult lives. We are burning away those fat stores and we are seeing our bodies change in ways they have not changed before. Isn't that great?!?!

I know I am going to have to work hard to lose this weight - I'm going to fight for each and every pound. And that's OK. That's my penalty for not getting this under control 20 years ago.

I'm with y'all! 25 lbs 9/15 - 11/30. 5 lbs from 12/1 to present. I'll take it. I have 25 lbs more! More than 1/2 way there.

I'm a slow loser as well. I was sleeved 12-6-12 and have only lost 60 lbs total. I have been in a bad stall for the last 6 months. I was going pretty well for the first 1/2 and then I was hospitalized for pancreatitis. A month later I had gallbladder surgery. I gave myself an extra 2 months considering what I had just gone through. I was 2 month alone recovering from the pancreatitis. Since them I have really struggled. I made the mistake of NOT measuring myself before the surgery so I have nothing to compare to. I am going to measure myself as soon as I get to the store to buy a tape measure. I have been faithfully exercising in the last 6 months. I am actually training to do a half marathon in September. It's a slow process as well. I just need some encouragement from the scales. :-)

I used to get a bit down when my losses were not as rapid as I would have liked - I still can as I have not yet reached my goal weight.

The truth is that this will never end - and we will get there eventually if we keep at it - and that is okay :) I am light years beyond where I was at the start of this journey, and that is pretty amazing.

Im almost 2 months post op was sleeved on August 4th started at 215 now at 207. I have lost twice as much on Atkinsin same amount of time kind of regretting this surgery. Hopefully will see some weight loss in the near future.

lately i've been feeling a little down.. im also a slow slow loser.. my surgery date was 5/28 i was at 227 the day of my sleeve.. today about four month late im 198.. have been on a stall for about a month now.. and to make things worst.. i am able to eat preety much a full serving of everything :/ i knew my new stomach was going to strech with time.. but not so soon :/.. im still loving my 198.. its better than the 237 i once had!

I was glad to see this thread so I can see that I'm not alone! It's great to hear everyone's success stories, on the other threads and groups, but it's frustrating to hear someone complain about only loosing 47 in two months, when I'm 6 months out and am down about the same.I

I'm not really upset about losing slow though, as long as I keep losing. I think the slow loss is why my hair isn't falling out (actually healthier than it's every been because I take uber good care of it these days in fear of the fall out), and my skin isn't sagging (yet at least).

I was sleeved on 8/7/14.@ 257 and weigh 208 today my journey has been very slow & very fustrating, My first couple of months I lost weight then after that it was 1 stall after another, and I was exercising like crazy. Now I just do my thing and not compare myself to anybody. IF I LOSE I LOSE. Hang in there.

Two months post of still frustrated i have only lost 11 lbs since surgery. I drink my Water intake Nut says i need more 60 grams of Protein I am afraid i will not take advantage of my honeymoon months. I am starting to think this surgery was not a good idea for me.