Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Save me from my pity party!

Yeah, I'm going to have to try something else. Man, he is going to be MAD AT ME!!! chocolate is a big deal for him bc he doesn't typically get it. Maybe I'll try something like a dum dum....he loves them and I could care less....or licorice....yuck! I like the hot wheels idea too! Even though we have a million of them it seems like there are never enough!

Thanks for the input!

I work with developmentally delayed 3 to 5 year olds. One of the biggest jobs we have is to get them potty trained. So I deal with this on a regular basis. food is always a great incentive for kids, no doubt. But we also have to be careful of getting them over sugared and also of them figuring out how to work the system. We have had children that will tinkle 2 drops at a time every 15 minutes to get the rewards. So here is what works for us. We have a self inking star stamp that stays in the bathroom. when you go in and are successful, you get a stamp on your arm. Sometimes as kids are figuring all this out at the end of the day they will have 10 or 12 stamps at the end of the 7 hour school day. Way too many to reward with sugar. So we do the stamps throughout the day then at the end of the day because you have done such a great job all day, you get this special reward. Depends on the child as to what it is. candy, stickers, big green smiley stamp where ever they want it. They get such a kick out of picking where to get the big green stamp. And we really will put it on your forehead if that's where you want it! Just throwing this our there maybe you can use some of it. Good luck with your little one. This is the best age!!

Thanks Again everyone! This is not actually a post about potty training, though, but about my inability to resist cravings for the past two days. I don't feel like I need advice on potty training my second child, but if you need to give it, go ahead. I am completely fine with my kids having a sweet treat every now and then when I know they eat fruits and veggies at every meal and don't drink juice at all.

This is about MY issue....not my parenting choices.

As for my diet choices, that is where I need support sometimes and that is why I come here to this forum. I truly do appreciate the support and love available here.

Lol, I think the advice on potty training was just a bonus to the advice from most on removing the temptations from yourself. I potty trained 4 and wish I had thought of some of these myself. Good thing is, it eventually just happens.

I always seem to treat myself, and never get too mad. I find the more you restrict yourself,the more you want it. For me-With my restriction I could maybe eat 2, which is better than the whole bag I could eat before. I can eat and drink just about everything I did before, just the serving amount or less. Lapband is a multi use tool, some use it for massive quick weight loss, some like me, I am older and use it to not overeat so the weight loss has been slower, but it has stayed off. I just had my 1st of 3 surgerys, I had a full body lift and dr removed 10lbs of skin and fat.

My daughter who is 17 eats pretty healthy and is not overweight so I don't police her food. When she does have candy, she is really good about bringing home sour candy because she knows I hate it. She loves the Valentine's kisses with white chocolate and raspberry (which I think are disgusting) so I am not tempted. This journey is a family one so it helps that she is on board. Tempting things are never in the house

Some ideas for you...

1. Can you chew gum or pop a mint in your mouth when he's about to go potty? That usually deters me from eating chocolate. My surgeon is against gum but some are not.

2. I've read that if you're craving chocolate then you are low on magnesium and eating some nuts will help. I haven't found that true myself but it works for others.

3. Any way that you can pull out say 5 pieces or whatever your kid would need for the day. Have that nice and accessible with the rest of the bag out of site?

4. Maybe chew gum, have a mint, brush your teeth immediately afterwards to keep you from going back.

I'm terrible with chocolate. I can't have just one. I'll continue to eat it until I get sick so those are some tactics that might help. If it's that tom for me, all bets are off with respect to chocolate. Good luck!!

Oh yeah - I've also started having chocolate flavored coffee. That has reduced down my cravings for the sugary chocolate.

I still don't know if I'd have the willpower against the little sweet kisses that are just sitting there.