Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers

What is everyone packing/tacking with them to the hospital?

Mmmm underwear, change of trousers, shorts as hospitals are hot, nightie, slippers, wetwipes, lip balm, Shampoo and bodywash, phone and charger, bottle of Water, alarm clock for hotel, Cpap machine, and bit personal but large sanitary towel for potential accidents on journey home.

But what else?

That sounds good DairyFairy I have no idea what to take and don't want to over pack or under pack either - LOL

I'm packing my charger, Chapstick , Gas Strips, and some shorts. Simple :)

I bought a robe to wear while walking the hospital but I forgot about the IV, so ill probably bring some loose fitting pajama pants, tablet, phone, chargers, slippers, chapstick, lotion, hand sanitizer, not sure about the gas x , not sure if I can take anything or if they'll give me something.

Ok surgery on Tuesday and here comes my little visitor. I sooooooo dont want to deal with that along with everything else thats going on!!!!!!!

Omg my surg is Wed and my lil friend came today!!!!!!!!

That's so funny. I really think I'm going to have mine too. Should get it the 17th and surgery is the 21st...boo!

What is everyone packing/tacking with them to the hospital?

Me, myself and I. I had lap band surgery in 2009 and a hernia repair last year. Both times I brought nothing with me except the clothes on my back and my cell phone. I never need anything else. I'm fine with the slipper socks and gown provided by the hospital since it's only an overnight stay. I'm on so many pain meds that I sleep most of the time. When I'm not sleeping I'm just walking the halls. Nothing needed for that. When I leave the hospital I just throw back on the clothes I wore to the hospital since I only wore them for an hour or so.

Guilt free weekend! Scheduled for the 23rd and have to start a clear liquid diet in the 20th. Started at 270 in Feb. Down to 250 and don't wanna undo all I have done so back on track Monday till the 20th!!

Just got the call have to be at the hospital at 10am tomorrow. So excited and nervous!!! :-)

Just got the call have to be at the hospital at 10am tomorrow. So excited and nervous!!! :-)

That is great. .. No pre op diet??

That is great. .. No pre op diet??

Yes I've been on preop diet for the past two weeks lost 12 pounds as of today :-)

Yes I've been on preop diet for the past two weeks lost 12 pounds as of today :-)

Awesome!!!! And I pray that you have a safe surgery and a speedy recovery!!!

I am scheduled for April 23rd!! I have been trying different Protein shakes...I found the best tasting is Chike! I am only going to be in them the first two weeks post op so I didn't load up on them. Some say your taste changes so we will see if they still taste as good after! Hah I have to be on a three day liquid diet pre op so I will not be having an Easter this year!! Haha I am in NY and very excited! I started feb 7th at 270 and have lost 20 lbs so far. I was require to lose 10 to 15 so I'm happy I could exceed that!

I fell in love with Chike it was my favorite but right now no Protein Powder taste good to me. I will say the carnation sf Breakfast drink is tasty with light plain soy milk. Congrats on ur loss.