Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Every time I read your post about what you have or are doing I get a little out of breath as I ll walk , and dance to the oldies , by Richard Simmons, and I even tried to do the dance game with my son his box is down but I still do what I can do , but it just takes my breath away to read your post of your exercise , great job do for your self , applause.

7.25 mile run today. My last long run before Saturdays HM.

After Saturday's run, I'm gonna concentrate more on cycling for a couple of months...."Banders Biking" thread get ready!

Also noticed on my Garmin, todays run was my 300th exercise activity since getting it about a year ago.

Lifetime Totals
  • Activities 300
  • Distance 3,263.72 mi
  • Time 376:21:39 hrs
  • Calories 182,716 C
  • Elev Gain 39,516 ft

After a couple of days off the bum knee, I went out this morning for an early bike ride. I went about 6 miles. Knee feels good! Hopefully boxing will be tomorrow :)

Have a good day!

Alton, IL Half Marathon this morning! My "goal" = have fun, no injuries. Goal accomplished! This course is along the Mississippi river, so you can imagine.....WINDY! It was a brisk 37*F to start...perfect temp for me. I felt great the entire course, never pushing the pace, until the last half mile or so. I finished in 2:12 minutes, which was about 2 minutes slower than I had anticipated.

My HRM kinda went on the fritz a couple times...so I just ran by feel. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/465531831

So many of you have inspired/motivated/encouraged me...I can never thank you enough. Happy Saturday everyone! :)

Edited by catfish87

Awesome!!!

Alton, IL Half Marathon this morning! My "goal" = have fun, no injuries. Goal accomplished! This course is along the Mississippi river, so you can imagine.....WINDY! It was a brisk 37*F to start...perfect temp for me. I felt great the entire course, never pushing the pace, until the last half mile or so. I finished in 2:12 minutes, which was about 2 minutes slower than I had anticipated. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/465531831 My HRM kinda went on the fritz a couple times...so I just ran by feel. So many of you have inspired/motivated/encouraged me...I can never thank you enough. Happy Saturday everyone! :)

Hip hop abs!!!!!

Friday I ran 5.5 miles on the elliptical, but ate pizza for the first time since surgery. I thought for sure my weight was going to go up, so yesterday I didn't bother weighing. Yesterday I went to the gym and did 45 minutes of weights and then went to Disney to hang out with my dad. He surprised me with an early birthday present and bought me a pressure washer (no he didn't buy it at Disney), so after leaving Downtown Disney, I started playing with my new toy. I was able to pressure wash most of my pool deck (Burning lots of calories!). When I weighed myself last night I was down 3 pounds from my Friday morning weight! Yay power tool time!!!

Alton, IL Half Marathon this morning! My "goal" = have fun, no injuries. Goal accomplished! This course is along the Mississippi river, so you can imagine.....WINDY! It was a brisk 37*F to start...perfect temp for me. I felt great the entire course, never pushing the pace, until the last half mile or so. I finished in 2:12 minutes, which was about 2 minutes slower than I had anticipated.

My HRM kinda went on the fritz a couple times...so I just ran by feel. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/465531831

So many of you have inspired/motivated/encouraged me...I can never thank you enough. Happy Saturday everyone! :)

Catfish, You are the Man!!! Congratulations on finishing the marathon! You continue to inspire me to get off my but and hit the gym most everyday.

My goal is to attempt a half marathon next year, and a full marathon the following year. Until then, I will keep hitting the gym until I loose enough weight to start running for real. Once I get below 300 lbs. I plan to start training for a 5K, and move on from there.

Catfish, You are the Man!!! Congratulations on finishing the marathon! You continue to inspire me to get off my but and hit the gym most everyday.

My goal is to attempt a half marathon next year, and a full marathon the following year. Until then, I will keep hitting the gym until I loose enough weight to start running for real. Once I get below 300 lbs. I plan to start training for a 5K, and move on from there.

Thank you for the kind words.

I hope everyone who reads what I write knows that my goal in continuing to post here is exactly that....to help inspire and encourage others, just as I have been on here. I have received so much encouragement and advice on here. I want to "pay it forward" if you will.

I remember first starting out cycling, getting advice from folks on here and others. I'd get on here and listen to what they were saying and think, I could never do that..... But YOU CAN! Just do what you can do, and then do it again tomorrow and the next day. Nothing comes easy....but it's so worth it!!

Go at YOUR pace, and accomplish little goals. As a wise friend told me once, NO ONE starts out at the finish line. Congrats on your desire! You can do it!

Seven miles on the elliptical in 44 minutes, at level 3 instead of my normal level 1. Yay for Spring Break; I didn't need to wake up at 4:30 to get my morning gym time in.

26 miles outside on the bike today....BRRR...Hurry up spring! :)

I think its time for a new HR strap...this one is starting to wizz out at times. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/467114393

55 minutes on the elliptical today and 30 minutes lifting.

hadnt been on.....but ole gal is still doing 30 min step aerobics every dagum day.....

(and the last 2 games UNC played, i stepped up and down on my box fo the entire game)....counting that

way to go everyone who is exercising........remember EVERYTHING in movement counts

no matter what you do....or how long.....as long as YOU do

cg glad to see you are still here. I am doing my zumba class and walking .. I want to start riding a bike when the weather wrms up.. might have to buy one with big tires to get through the sand and dirt roads..