Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

walked about 2 miles yesterday.....was fun

PS:

just when i am down or woe is me (aka now) and feel my exercise is weak

i feel like my little bitty is pretty pitiful but then i think, catfish and others had to start where i am at right now....and what is what it is all about

STARTING and keep on going

Yep.....STARTING is the most important part.

I started too, almost 5 years ago, WALKING on a treadmill in my basement, at 324 lbs.

Then, I found something I enjoyed in March of 2012. I got me a good, properly fitting, road bike. The very first time I rode it, I went about 2 miles....and i was out of breath! ( that was at about 260 lbs) But even that first ride, I knew it was something I could learn to enjoy...and did/do I ever. Cycling for me now, doesn't seem like exercise. Its FUN...nothing but the wind in my face and the tunes in my ears. I went from 2 miles to riding a century ( 100 mile ride ) last year.

Then I also read on here about this "runners high".....hmmm. Really? My NUT and I had discussed about me needing to also find some "impact" exercise. She mentioned about how it can help with improving bone strength. I'd read similar discussions about this topic. So, after 20 years of not running, I thought I'd give it a go....mostly thanks to some encouragement from my "coach" Steph. I got home July 22nd last year after working a 12 hour midnight shift, and went at a SLOW...VERY slow pace, and ran/jogged 2 miles. I felt like I had just completed the Boston Marathon! I couldn't believe it....2 miles nonstop! Boy were my legs sore the next day.

Three days later, was my first 5km run. 8/8/13 I did my first 5 mile run. 9/7/13 I did my first "event" 5km run. ( I got that runner high this day. A memorial event for a fallen soldier) 9/16 my first 10km run, 11/18/13 my first 10 mile run, 2/21/14 my first 20km run, and on 3/1/14 I ran my half marathon distance for the first time.

I hope this comes across the way it's intended....as a positive and encouraging post. To show others, that they too can accomplish what they never dreamed possible. If you know me, you'll know I've certainly had my struggles, doubts, wanting to give ups. But there is so much more to this journey than just some number on a scale... To remind us all, that no one starts out at the finish line... NEVER, EVER give up!

.....cat i read you post at least 10 times today......you never know how much YOU inspire me

and encourage me.......the pep talks are the bomb

today i did step aerobics

i lifted my knees

i did what i could the best i could and i killed it

Awww........so proud of you!

walked about 2 miles yesterday.....was fun

PS:

just when i am down or woe is me (aka now) and feel my exercise is weak

i feel like my little bitty is pretty pitiful but then i think, catfish and others had to start where i am at right now....and what is what it is all about

STARTING and keep on going

Yep.....STARTING is the most important part.

I started too, almost 5 years ago, WALKING on a treadmill in my basement, at 324 lbs.

Then, I found something I enjoyed in March of 2012. I got me a good, properly fitting, road bike. The very first time I rode it, I went about 2 miles....and i was out of breath! ( that was at about 260 lbs) But even that first ride, I knew it was something I could learn to enjoy...and did/do I ever. Cycling for me now, doesn't seem like exercise. Its FUN...nothing but the wind in my face and the tunes in my ears. I went from 2 miles to riding a century ( 100 mile ride ) last year.

Then I also read on here about this "runners high".....hmmm. Really? My NUT and I had discussed about me needing to also find some "impact" exercise. She mentioned about how it can help with improving bone strength. I'd read similar discussions about this topic. So, after 20 years of not running, I thought I'd give it a go....mostly thanks to some encouragement from my "coach" Steph. I got home July 22nd last year after working a 12 hour midnight shift, and went at a SLOW...VERY slow pace, and ran/jogged 2 miles. I felt like I had just completed the Boston Marathon! I couldn't believe it....2 miles nonstop! Boy were my legs sore the next day.

Three days later, was my first 5km run. 8/8/13 I did my first 5 mile run. 9/7/13 I did my first "event" 5km run. ( I got that runner high this day. A memorial event for a fallen soldier) 9/16 my first 10km run, 11/18/13 my first 10 mile run, 2/21/14 my first 20km run, and on 3/1/14 I ran my half marathon distance for the first time.

I hope this comes across the way it's intended....as a positive and encouraging post. To show others, that they too can accomplish what they never dreamed possible. If you know me, you'll know I've certainly had my struggles, doubts, wanting to give ups. But there is so much more to this journey than just some number on a scale... To remind us all, that no one starts out at the finish line... NEVER, EVER give up!

Had my distance day at the gym this morning, I passed my goal of 5 1/2 miles on the elliptical! This morning's run was 5.52 miles and 33 minutes. Now I'm on to my next goal 5.75 miles in 33 minutes. On the days when I do not do distance runs, I am doing interval training on other cardio machines. My personal trainer seems to think this is a good idea.

Oh, and I cannot forget; walked about a mile with the puppies this evening.

Got up to 42 minutes on the elliptical today, 30 minutes lifting weights, and carrying my 25 lb nephew around for an hour. When I started this journey I could do 3 minutes on the elliptical and thought I would die!

Everyone has their own thing. Their own exercise that works best for them and I believe in our own ways we are all killing it!!!!

YAY US LOL

to use who are exercising (whatever it is) GREAT JOB

just f**king get out there and do it is the answer

**this song is for my heels and hub said for me when he hears it and i send this to anyone who reads my words today.....hear me roar...we do have the eye of the tiger*

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

well......step aerobics (up and down the entire time UNC played Pitt (we lost badly btw)

and then hub came home and we went for a long walk.......not that long ago, i couldnt......

and that is what having WLS is all about..........getting well/getting healthy and living.

Bike ride along the Neuse River this morning. It's getting easier and easier each time. I think I went about 7 miles and was gone for about an hour. I only had to walk the bike up hill twice....I'm going to conquer those damn hills by the middle of April...

So, I have tried to do too much on my poor pitiful knee. Went to boxing class today and halfway thru had to stop...completely in tears. I had to sit with my back to the class because I was literally sobbing it hurt so bad. So I'm taking a couple of days to rest it before jumping back in. It just confirms my decision to have knee replacement surgery this fall.

So, I have tried to do too much on my poor pitiful knee. Went to boxing class today and halfway thru had to stop...completely in tears. I had to sit with my back to the class because I was literally sobbing it hurt so bad. So I'm taking a couple of days to rest it before jumping back in. It just confirms my decision to have knee replacement surgery this fall.

@SillyAuntDi Sorry to hear of your knee pain!!! Take it easy! What part of the knee is it?

@SillyAuntDi Sorry to hear of your knee pain!!! Take it easy! What part of the knee is it?

I have bad arthritis all around my patella in my right knee. It's full of bone spurs and very empty of cartilage. I've been bone-on-bone for some time now. My original surgeon was going to make me wait until I was 50 to have the replacement. That's 4 years from now. I found another, highly recommended surgeon that looked at my X-rays, heard all that I have had done (injections, arthroscopic procedures, physical therapy) and said I shouldn't have to wait. He's my new surgeon :)

Ok i been nervous about exercising but i am ready now!!! I got hip hop abs!! Soon as its warm ill be back on the bike trail

Happy Tuesday everyone! The day care kids finally got me sick. I've been down for the count for the past 2 weeks. Today I was able to workout for 15 mins! Woo Hoo. I will be back to running in no time!

7.25 mile run today. My last long run before Saturdays HM.

After Saturday's run, I'm gonna concentrate more on cycling for a couple of months...."Banders Biking" thread get ready!

Also noticed on my Garmin, todays run was my 300th exercise activity since getting it about a year ago.

Lifetime Totals
  • Activities 300
  • Distance 3,263.72 mi
  • Time 376:21:39 hrs
  • Calories 182,716 C
  • Elev Gain 39,516 ft