Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't Fear the Diet Drink

I gave up diet soda over a year before I had the band. Now, I basically drink tea or Water with lemon and stevia. I feel so much better. Glad I was able to give up this manufactured artificial drink.

stopped drinking soda day i started pre op...once i detoxed, i was fine with it..

now i am never without my crystal light peach tea..........

didn't read the link and don't intend to [Rant ON] about 'diet drinks'

My efforts at rational intake eliminated 'diet drink' well over 20 years ago.

No I don't miss them. The provided no satisfaction, no satiety, no pleasure, no nothing needed by healthy cellular functioning.

Aren't you glad I avoided [Rant ON]??? :D

Edited by Jack

i only miss ginger ale when i am nauseated. but ginger tea works too. i drink crystal lite lemonade 2 quarts a day. and just plain old well Water at least 1 quart a day. makes me happy.

Personally I cannot do aspartame and I'm very wary of any artificial sweeteners (sucralose, etc.). I like it that Steevia is a plant. I've grown it in my garden (not that I actually dried it and ground it, etc., I just buy it). Give me a plant over a test tube concoction any time, but that's just me.

I am 4 years out,firstly! Okay that said, I use real coke for a stuck episode. I drink mostly straight Water, or lime Water for cold drinks. I drink mostly coffee for warm drinks. I do not miss soda! Karen..aka..kll724

Thank you all for your thoughts! I'm really glad i gave up the soda. I feel so much healthier now.

And I too drink mostly just plain Water with the exception of a cup of hot tea in the morning.

However, when I'm out and want to stop at the 7-11 with the boyfriend to grab a drink on our way on one of our adventures. I want something with flavor, the Diet Snapple flavors are really good and other than the aspartame, are all natural. And they taste good! It was a real revelation to me to realize I didn't miss the soda any more...

I prefer having green tea over soda. Fresh Water is the best. And, the day starts with a nice healthy cup of ginger tea.

Yes, That's why I wrote this blog. The snapple teas are very good and I really am getting better with not missing the soda as much...

It's funny to think about what I was afraid I'd have to give up and how now none of that really matters. I feel so satisfied on what I'm having and very happy with the good choices. Mostly it is wonderful being freed up from all that thinking about food all the time. So happy for you, Debbie. You're doing really well on your Lapband journey and I love reading your pieces. Best wishes!

I love the Arizona Tea with Ginseng and Honey - zero calorie - I was NEVER a diet drink person, if I drank soda it would be a fountain coke a cola - but that was only a couple of times a month - over all I drink a good amount of Water - but - since banded I am hooked on the Arizona Tea - and I like that I can add as much Water as I like so I can water it down so it's not too sweet - the Arnold Palmer drink is also good - it's similar but tea and lemonade.

I consider this Fluid b/c it's counting towards my 100 oz per day.

It's funny to think about what I was afraid I'd have to give up and how now none of that really matters. I feel so satisfied on what I'm having and very happy with the good choices. Mostly it is wonderful being freed up from all that thinking about food all the time. So happy for you, Debbie. You're doing really well on your Lapband journey and I love reading your pieces. Best wishes!

Thanks! I'm glad you like them. And I think we are all doing well on our journeys and that its easier because we have each other for support. <3

I love the honey ginseng tea that they have at Panera bread. Is this similar? Where do you buy it?

I love the Arizona Tea with Ginseng and Honey - zero calorie - I was NEVER a diet drink person, if I drank soda it would be a fountain coke a cola - but that was only a couple of times a month - over all I drink a good amount of Water - but - since banded I am hooked on the Arizona Tea - and I like that I can add as much Water as I like so I can water it down so it's not too sweet - the Arnold Palmer drink is also good - it's similar but tea and lemonade.

I consider this Fluid b/c it's counting towards my 100 oz per day.