Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need suggestions of menus for the day. What has been helpful for your continued weight loss?

My weight loss has been a struggle. My surgery was August 2013 and now in January, I am down only 45 pounds. I have been reading and found out that I should have lost at least 65 pounds by now.

I have gone down from a 1X in plus size to a loose size 14.

I would appreciate if some of you would share with me what you eat during the day. My stomach hurts when I eat red meat or bread. It is uncomfortable most times when I eat. I drink lots of Water. I have been following the Atkins diet, but my body seems to be weight loss resistant.

Please share with me when your surgery was and how much weight you have lost. I would also like to know what you eat for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Do you have Snacks?

Any response will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi! I had my surgery on June 25, 2013. I actually began losing weight in April, 2013, lost 40 pounds before surgery and am down a total of 150 pounds now. That said, I am currently wearing a tight 14 petite, so I was much larger than you when I began.

Regarding diet, I would say that my clinic is stricter than most. If you would like to friend me on MyFitnessPal.com you can view my daily food diary. Most days I eat three meals and split a Protein shake. I average between 600 - 800 calories. My day goes like this:

AM. half a premier Protein Shake

Mid-Morning. One container of light Greek Yogurt with one Tablespoon of ground flax seeds

lunch. Protein Bar

dinner. About four ounces of meat, one cup of lettuce with salad dressing.

Evening. Half a Premier Protein shake.< /p>

I know my weight loss is slowing down. I am trying to increase my exercise now because I think that is going to be key to long term success.

I hope you find this helpful.

Carol

ohhhh you are NOT gonna like this..lol..for just 365 little days, (per order of my nutritionist) I did not consume, bread, Pasta, Sugar, Rice or Any form of Diary. I went past my goal in 8 months. NO RED meat either. Man I thought that was harsh. But I wanted to get there the fast way possible. But I did eat all forms of fish, pork/ham, venison, turkey. duck, goose, chicken, crab meat, shrimp, just not 'cow'. And I'll be damned, well-la 8 months later 115 lbs. Oh and NO PROCESS/DEAD foods.

I did my shakes, I did my fruit, vegs, & Vitamins. Amazingly I still don't eat those foods til today, and don't miss them either. To strict, I know, just wanted to add to your post :)

oh yeah I forgot, Baconville's right..Monday, Wednesday & Friday, like clock work I was at the gym, 2p-4p..non-negotiable