Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying not to panic...

I was losing weight like crazy. Then my grandfather died, so I had to leave home last Tuesday and travel across country for the funeral. While I did puree most of my foods, I allowed stress to get the better of me and ate some things I shouldn't have(ie: i had 2 Cookies, every meal was eaten out and not prepped at home, people brought oodles and oodles of food to the house, walking was difficult due to 3 feet of snow outside). I weighed myself several times at grandparents house and the scale said 211, so I thought I was fine. (they have those old fashioned scales,not the digital one that I have at my house)

When I came home my weight Saturday night, I had gone from 213 to 217. I freaked and went back to counting calories, eating small meals, etc. By Tuesday my weight had dropped to 214.5 which is great, but freaking me out because it hasn't budged from 214.5 since then.

It says 214.5 it in the evening, in the morning, before and after I pee. Is this the infamous stall hitting me?

Is it PMS? (my last period was Dec 23...the day of my surgery). I want to go back to losing weight. I'm so scared I've ''broken'' my weight loss

I promise that you haven't broken your weight loss machine. :-) I at month 13 and have gone through a stall about once a month since my 3rd month post-op. I found that if I stick to my recommended eating program, the weight will continue to drop. I may stall for a week or 2 - I've just come off my longest stall (2 1/2 months Nov - Jan). I was stuck at 232 for the longest and over the holidays I let myself get up to 239. Now that I'm back on my old eating schedule, the weight is starting to fall again. I'm 232 again - 5lbs lost in 4 days. So it just goes to show that there isn't any point when I can't lose any more weight.

Just keep doing what you know works for you and the weight will continue to fall.

Don't freak out...just a little stall. I would hit stalls for 2 weeks, then turn around and lose 5 lbs. the following week.

You are human, you will eat things that you shouldn't, but it's not the end of the world. Just get back to doind what you know you need to do (eat healthy, i.e. lots of Protein and get as much exercise into your routine as you can)...and just do it!

You just got sleeved on 12/23? C'mon, give yourself time to get into a routine...you got this! :D

One bit of advice, don't be addicted to the scale and don't let the number on the scale be your only gauge for success. Pay more attention to how you feel...how your clothes fit...etc. Don't let the number on the scale define you.

Everyone has their own opinion (you know the saying...), but I weighed every 3 days for the first few months, then went to weighing weekly...at the same time every week.

I promise, before long you will look at this phase as a distant memory, as you are enjoying the heck outta your new life!

Good luck!

IT WAS FLYING!!!

Water retention is SUPER common when flying. Keep drinking Water and it'll resolve.

Don't beat yourself up over 2 Cookies. Save the beat up for 2 Cookies every day, or hour...

Best wishes, and very sorry for your loss. Relax and get back on plan. All is okay!

You're doing great. No need to panic, just get back to doing what you do and things will settle back into place.

Keep up the good work!

I am very sorry for your loss. I hope the memories you and your family of your grandfather will bring you comfort in your time of loss.

Don't beat yourself up. The stress hormone Cortisol can wreak havac on someone with a normal stomach let alone someone with a small one. Flying also is so stressful anymore--I detest having to fly.

Just get back to doing what you need to do ONE DAY AT A TIME. If I learned anyting from Overeaters Anonymous, (OA)--That was it. It is my new mantra. Sometimes I can only do one meal at a time--that is to say, I can only handle eating what I need to eat one meal at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow, or yeterday--live in the present. I'm still practicing those things on a daily basis that I learned in OA.

Once you get back on track and follow your plan--you'll be fine.

Kathleen

You endured a stressful time. I think the most important and positive thing (regardless of the scale) is your behavior. You recognized it and got back on track.

I know that my previous pattern of "dieting" pre-surgery is that I'd be motivated and focused until a slip up occurred. Then it was the downward spiral which became the typical norm until the next attempt.

You recognized what happened and Your snapping back right away. To add, go ahead and give yourself the same kindness you would to anyone else telling you your same story. What would you say to them?

Great job and best of luck

Ps. I had my surgery in December too.

Thank you for the condolences and advice. I'm trying really hard to keep up the good eating habits, but when I get highly stressed, it's harder. I've made an appointment to start receiving counseling because this has been such a big change in my life and even though you guys are awesome, I want someone to talk to in person that can get to know me and my personal situation(s).