Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all. Has anybody recently sleeved with Dr K Dolan or Dr C Couch (or others). Just wondering how long it is currently from first meet until surgery date. I have a lot coming up in the later end of the year and just wondering if now is the right time. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G928I using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my consult and surgery was available for me 6 weeks later. I pushed mine out to ensure I had the leave at work. Dr Dolan has a lot of great reviews online [emoji4]

How’s everyone going? I’ve had my surgery and am 3 days post op. Feeling pretty rough but am home and hoping the pain eases off soon. Anyone else in a similar boat?

How’s everyone going? I’ve had my surgery and am 3 days post op. Feeling pretty rough but am home and hoping the pain eases off soon. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Just so glad I did it!!!

Just so glad I did it!!!

Oh that’s good to hear!! Did you just have yours done recently too?

I was so nervous on the day - but now I’m glad and I know I’ll be so much happier once I get use to things but the last few days have been very rough for me. Pain killers haven’t worked well and getting the drain out yesterday was an experience. Keeping Panadol down is going to be hard when it feels like at every moment I’ve never been so stuffed in my life (and I’ve had a max of 100ml). It’s crazy! Once the swelling goes down things will get more manageable.

Have you had anything like this? So happy you’re feeling positive! I’m keeping my chin up for sure!

Oh that’s good to hear!! Did you just have yours done recently too?

I was so nervous on the day - but now I’m glad and I know I’ll be so much happier once I get use to things but the last few days have been very rough for me. Pain killers haven’t worked well and getting the drain out yesterday was an experience. Keeping Panadol down is going to be hard when it feels like at every moment I’ve never been so stuffed in my life (and I’ve had a max of 100ml). It’s crazy! Once the swelling goes down things will get more manageable.

Have you had anything like this? So happy you’re feeling positive! I’m keeping my chin up for sure!

Feb this year .. 30 kg down feel great ! I’m in Kalgoorlie

Oh wow, that’s great effort! 30kg will be fantastic!

Did you have a period immediately after surgery where you were feeling a bit off and then it picked up for you?

I know a few weeks-month from now I’m going to be feeling great (that’s what’s keeping me going!)

I just joined up here today. I have LOTS of weight to lose - always feel surprised when I see this huge woman in a reflection staring back at me. Avoid looking in mirrors whenever possible and have generally stuck my head in the sand. Use working fulltime, being a single parent and feeling stressed about everything as my excuse.

Sick and tired of being sick and tired so have been thinking of the sleeve now for about 3-4 months.

Finally talked to my GP and got a referral to Chris Couch. Anyone used him before? He's in Waikiki.

Haven't made appt yet but will soon. Main problem is how the heck I'm going to pay for it. No health insurance, so would love someone to tell me who they are with and what package they used. I'm too scared to ring up and ask in case they blacklist me when they realise I will be using for bariatric surgery and removal of wisdom teeth, lol. I also need glasses. Man, I'm falling apart.

Have also gotten onto public wait list but I understand it's about a 2 year wait and I just don't want to wait that long.

Would love peoples' stories on how they are going today after surgery, how the heck you stop stuffing your face at night-time when you are on the Optifast phase and you can't sleep because you are so hungry and is it really as great as everyone seems to say?

How did you end up going? Did you end up booking in/ seeing anyone?

In response to your other questions - Optifast was actually great (bar the first day when I had left overs from my “last meal” and wanted them but committed to the diet). I didn’t even have coffee w/ milk or anything. Straight veg and Protein and now being 3 days post op - I’d happily have a stir fry instead of 30ml of apple juice and wanting to chuck up haha.

I used my private health but still paid a pretty hefty OOP as well as expected hospital costs once I get sent my discharge account statement. But it will all be worth it. Wasn’t a package as much as going in through who you get referred to and being open and willing to pay the psych/Dietician/ blood tests/ gap/ hospital fees and meds post discharge I guess. In the long run though it saves money. I’ve hardly spent any money on groceries and will be pretty minimal once I’m having solids in a couple weeks. Always a bright side!!

Hope to hear from you and provide any help I can!

How did you end up going? Did you end up booking in/ seeing anyone?
In response to your other questions - Optifast was actually great (bar the first day when I had left overs from my “last meal” and wanted them but committed to the diet). I didn’t even have coffee w/ milk or anything. Straight veg and Protein and now being 3 days post op - I’d happily have a stir fry instead of 30ml of apple juice and wanting to chuck up haha.
I used my private health but still paid a pretty hefty OOP as well as expected hospital costs once I get sent my discharge account statement. But it will all be worth it. Wasn’t a package as much as going in through who you get referred to and being open and willing to pay the psych/Dietician/ blood tests/ gap/ hospital fees and meds post discharge I guess. In the long run though it saves money. I’ve hardly spent any money on groceries and will be pretty minimal once I’m having solids in a couple weeks. Always a bright side!!
Hope to hear from you and provide any help I can!

Food costs are minimal now , except for chocolate!! I’ve stayed off the grog too it’s been fairly easy ... loving my new life !

Hi I had op 7 weeks ago by dr couch I’m fine but struggling with the concept of half a cup only for the rest of my life unless of course I have the restrictor removed. Did u choose to have the restrictor inserted if so make very sure your ready for the limits ur placing on yourself.