Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ONE YEAR SLEEVE-AVERSARY !

My journey began long ago, but on January 11th, 2014 I was one year out from surgery. It has been an incredible journey with many highs and just as many lows! I remember back to the day I had surgery when my husband asked me if I'd do it all over and my response was "NO!". It sucked not being able to even drink Water, well I could drink Water, but not as I could the day before surgery. I remember taking small painful sips of everything. Being fat was so much easier. I still to this day think being fat is so much easier. The sleeve is not "the easy way out" as many people who are uneduacted on the procedure believe. If it was easy more people would do it. It takes a lot of work for the preliminary processes and after is even more work. I have so much respect for people who take the initiative to do what is best for them in all aspects of life and in my life my initiative was to live a much longer, healthier life for myself, my kids, and my husband. I do not regret the surgery ever. I have temptations and yes sometimes wish I could go to the buffet and eat like it's my last day on Earth, but knowing what is right and what I put in my mouth has an effect on my tomorrow is what guides me to make the right decisions. I would love to be able to answer questions for anyone who is questioning the procedure and I challenge those who tell me it's the easy way out. I as a mother, wife, friend, and RN support those in the same spot I was one year ago and encourage everyone to do what is best for you! You are in control and determine your happiness and future!

On January 11th, 2013 I weighed 273lbs

On January 11th, 2014 I weigh 168lbs

I included a before and after. The after is from a couple of months ago!

post-170024-0-53578600-1389821130_thumb.jpg

post-170024-0-49102600-1389821144_thumb.jpg

awesome!!! You look great!

You look wonderful! Congratulations!

Amazing! You look fantastic!

Great job. You look great.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just amazing. You look fabulous. I am about a month and a half behind you and thank God I heard of this surgery. It has improved my life in so many ways. Keep up the good work.

You look great! Congratulations! My question would be have you experienced any negative responses to your weight loss, such as "your getting too skinny" or "don't lose anymore, your looking too frail". I'm scheduled to be sleeved on 1/20/14 and I wonder if people who got used to you heavy are concerned that your too small now? ( I think it's weird when we're overweight no one voice thier concerns, but when you have massive weight loss, everyone has a voice of concern). Also how long did it take you to know when your full (before regurgitating) and know when to stop eating? Thanks in advance! Best-wishes for your continued success

Edited by A_ReNUDE_me

You look great.

You look great! Congratulations! My question would be have you experienced any negative responses to your weight loss, such as "your getting too skinny" or "don't lose anymore, your looking too frail". I'm scheduled to be sleeved on 1/20/14 and I wonder if people who got used to you heavy are concerned that your too small now? ( I think it's weird when we're overweight no one voice thier concerns, but when you have massive weight loss, everyone has a voice of concern). Also how long did it take you to know when your full (before regurgitating) and know when to stop eating? Thanks in advance! Best-wishes for your continued success

You are looking so healthy and fabulous!! Well done :-)

I think the above is a great question to ask because I find people commenting on my weight loss in many different tones. Most are very supportive and positive however some struggled with the changes in my appearance and confidence levels and almost grieved for the loss of 'fat' me even though I'm the same person! I swear a grieving process with the anger, guilt, etc etc lol

Would love to hear your experience?

Congrats!!! You look fantastic

My journey began long ago, but on January 11th, 2014 I was one year out from surgery. It has been an incredible journey with many highs and just as many lows! I remember back to the day I had surgery when my husband asked me if I'd do it all over and my response was "NO!". It sucked not being able to even drink Water, well I could drink water, but not as I could the day before surgery. I remember taking small painful sips of everything. Being fat was so much easier. I still to this day think being fat is so much easier. The sleeve is not "the easy way out" as many people who are uneduacted on the procedure believe. If it was easy more people would do it. It takes a lot of work for the preliminary processes and after is even more work. I have so much respect for people who take the initiative to do what is best for them in all aspects of life and in my life my initiative was to live a much longer, healthier life for myself, my kids, and my husband. I do not regret the surgery ever. I have temptations and yes sometimes wish I could go to the buffet and eat like it's my last day on Earth, but knowing what is right and what I put in my mouth has an effect on my tomorrow is what guides me to make the right decisions. I would love to be able to answer questions for anyone who is questioning the procedure and I challenge those who tell me it's the easy way out. I as a mother, wife, friend, and RN support those in the same spot I was one year ago and encourage everyone to do what is best for you! You are in control and determine your happiness and future!

On January 11th, 2013 I weighed 273lbs

On January 11th, 2014 I weigh 168lbs

I included a before and after. The after is from a couple of months ago!

Good for u..I'm so glad I took the time to read ur sorry..I was sleeved in August and every word that came out of ur mouth sounds like I've said it. It's not easy..I still struggle everyday. My kids love the new healthier me.my husband doesn't love me anymore or any less. I'm 187 and started at 260. It's nice to not walk through the door and feel normal.I am doing so much more with my life..I can see people from years high school and feel good about it..good luck with the next year..how's ur skin lol

Wow, amazing transformation! You look amazing!

LOL @ being fat = easier...yep yep yep...totally way easier, but sooooo uncomfortable!