Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 1 week post op. Haven't had anything but liquids in 3 weeks. My Vitamins are making me nauseous. All my liquids are going right through me. I'm starving,l. A couple of my incisions are still sore. I'm weak. My house is a mess. I'm guessing I am dehydrated. Ugh what did I do to myself??! End of rant.

You need a big fat hug!!!! I swear honey every day gets a bit better. It does not seem it at the time but it does. Importance right now is to try to stay hydrated!

I'm 1 week post op. Haven't had anything but liquids in 3 weeks. My Vitamins are making me nauseous. All my liquids are going right through me. I'm starving,l. A couple of my incisions are still sore. I'm weak. My house is a mess. I'm guessing I am dehydrated. Ugh what did I do to myself??! End of rant.

We've all been there! You will make it, but you need to let go of things you can't control right now. First, focus on getting liquids in. If you're dehydrated you will feel like hell. One step at a time! Stop the vitamins and try to find some that will work for you. I couldn't tolerate the bariatric vits so I used Gummy vits instead.

Hang in there... you can do this. The first week is the hardest but you can make it. Just take one day at a time. You will be SO happy once you get past this - and you can!

i am right with you on that rant! I can't tolerate the Protein shakes either. Barely getting in my Water. I can't add anything to my Water cuz it irritates my stomach! I went to my Dr. appointment yesterday to have my drain removed (thank goodness) and the nurse could see the stress in my eyes (and my white lips). She told me I had to get my water in even if it HURT or I was going to end up in the hospital. They prescribed me some meds and I'm hoping it will help. Yesterday I had my first round of Soup (won ton broth) omg it was delicious. It's the only thing I have been able to tolerate. I'm there with you! I stopped by work today for a bit and the 1.5 hours I was there I was exhausted! I know it will eventually get better, but that sure doesn't help the here and now!

I hope you feel better soon!

P.S.

​My doctor did say don't take the Vitamins until I could hold down some food (at least another week for me). The most important thing is hydration. Propel or Vitamins water could help. I haven't tried either yet.

Edited by FitnFabfor2014

Water is defiantly important. I am almost 8 months post sleeve and still have to remember to get in enough Water. I am trying something new today to hopefully get the water I know my body needs. I have set up the required liquid on my table so I can see the days amount. Then as I go about my routine, I will see the bottles and sip on the water (and Vitamin waters) so, hopefully, by the evening I will have taken in at least 80 oz of water (4-20 oz bottles) plus the water to make my Protein shakes to meet the required 96 oz daily.

I remember the first weeks post surgery and how hard it was to be able to keep up with the house, work and trying to adjust to the new food/water regimen. I could not take in more that 3 oz of ANYTHING for the first 3 months so trying to get in just the Protein Shakes let alone the water was a nightmare. I felt like all I did all day was drink, drink drink (actually sip, sip, sip). Plus since I was only taking in Liquid Protein, my bum was raw from the acid squirting out (sorry for the graphic picture but no one warned me that the liquid diet was that harsh).

The good news is that this goes away when full liquids add back substance to what you take in and what "comes out".

Hang in there and remember, the house can wait while you adjust to your new routine.

HI Amanda:

I'll echo what others have said, it will get better. Are you on Clear Liquids? Have you tried powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup or Syntrax nectar to get in some additiona Protein? Being dehydrated can absolutely make you feel hungry. Also, stomach acid will also mimic hungry pains. Do you best, everyone says it will get better because it will. Warm liquids went down easier for me initially so I drank herbal tea.

Good luck!

My surgery day is tomorrow and my surgeon does not want me to start taking the Vitamins until I am a few weeks out. He said that he did not want me to try and take Vitamins that might not sit well in my stomach at first, instead to focus on getting enough liquid in and then we would add the vitamins.

I hope that things get better for you!

My Dr. Said the Water is the most important , u can live w/o food but u have to have water. I agree that I wouldn't worry about Vitamins as they pump u so full of vitamins during the surgery that most don't start them till about 2 weeks out. But if in doubt always check with your Dr. Hang in there, it's rough at first but it definitely gets better & then you'll b so happy with your new tummy. Good luck!

Hey! Just keep reminding yourself these 2 or so weeks of being in pain and being uncomfortable will give you a lifetime of happiness!!! I am 8 weeks out and able to enjoy chicken, veggies, rice and much more! I am still having random pains but it is SO much better!!!

Can u reach out for help with your house cleaning. I am a person that if my house is in disarray..it affects my emotional stability ..:) Just hang In there. Get rest ..u will get a burst of energy by rather 3rd or 4 th week which I did.

Hi I was feeling just like that my surgery was on 1/9/14 I couldn't have nothing to drink . I started drinking premier Protein shakes 30g Protein, 11 oz per bottle and i divided it in 3 portions I have on full bottle in the morning and 1 in the evening total of 60gr protein a day. Today was my 1 week post op appointment with my Doctor lost a total of 15 lbs. Hope you feel better soon and good luck!

Hey! Just keep reminding yourself these 2 or so weeks of being in pain and being uncomfortable will give you a lifetime of happiness!!! I am 8 weeks out and able to enjoy chicken, veggies, rice and much more! I am still having random pains but it is SO much better!!!

Try chicken, beef, or veg broth, also try sobe lifewater it come in different flavors,sweetned with Stevia it's very good,also hot green tea with a tsp honey good luck and it will get better day by day

I feel the same way. 12 days since surgery and my savior gas been the Dannon light and fit Greek blends. Very smooth and light with 12 grams of Protein and good flavors like strawberry cheesecake and only 7 grams of sugar. Decaf tea seems to go down easy too and I tried low cal Gatorade for some Fluid which I was able to tolerate well. Don't worry though your energy will get better every day. I was able to get quite a bit done around the house today.