Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over the holidays I know that some of the things that I was eating are not what I need; but oh my how hard it is to refrain.....I had Christmas dinner at my house this year; and yeas I did eat some of the things that I cooked but small servings and I did not over do it...But when it came down to the Desserts. I think I had way more then I needed...I made over the holidays two brown sugar caramel pound cakes, three lemon-vanilla pound cakes, 1 large alluminum pan of double crusted peach cobbler...my mom made three sweet potatoe pies....sorry about all of that but i needed to let you guys know all the things that I was around...but I also made a lowfat dessert which actually was very good; made of peaches, manderain oranges, pineapple chunks, miniture marshmellows, lowfat yogurt use whatever flavor that compliment the fruit you choose to use, and lowfat coolwhip.... Now that I have got that out of the way my troble came in when the dessert came in....I have not gained any weight but I have been going back and forward between 187 and 184....so today I made a promise to myself to jump back on board and do what I need to do to continue on to my goal....I plan on doing two weeks of a semi liquid diet that my dr. had me follow pre-op just to flush out my sysem so I can go back to the right way...Sorry for being so long winded, but I just really needed to get this out to a group of people who I knew would understand without judgement; or at least I hope...Did anyone else have this issue besides me???

before And after

Edited by princesshiyella

My birthday was last week.. I told my family no cake or sweets for me, please ..and they. abided..we had a wonderful celebration without a dessert. I was a sugarholic prior to my surgery and I vow not to go there post op. I totally understand sweet cravings. If I want something sweet.. I try to stick to Jello sugar free choc pudding , jello, or Popsicle. Something refreshing. That is so good u maintained your weight with al the sweets around u. Seems as though u r getting back in track to continue your healthly lie. Good for u.

Lifestyle.. Not lie. Oh how my iPad can interpret wrong word|:)

Thanks @Carlotta1 I have been maintaining but also I was just wondering am I losing at the right pace or too slow....My surgury was August 20th and since then I have lost about 54-56lbs....what do ya'll think.....

1st off, you look amazing! 2nd can I have the recipe for the brown sugar caramel pound cake (LMAO!!!....but seriously it's my 9 year olds birthday coming up and that would be his dream cake!!!! gabeandaiden@yahoo.com if you wouldn't mind passing on the recipe...if you have a chance). Anyway, back to weight loss ;-).....everyone looses at their own pace. Follow your diet and keep moving...your doing great!

Thanks @jallsop....and sure you can have the recipe...I have already sent it to your email; please let me know that you got it. When is his birthday? And for a little extra touch I added praline pecan halves to the top for garnish...Believe it or not I heard it was wonderful but out of the two I didn't get one bite, it was all gone before I had a chance which was probably for the best anyway.....Good luck, let me know how you made out....