Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 bandsters?

Did my weekly weigh in on my wii fit. I lost 1.3lbs this week for a grand total of 32.3lbs down since 10 days before surgery. (13.5 since surgery on feb 14th) I go for my first fill on April 1st. I am ready as I find myself being able to eat pretty much what I want, still moderating it....but I miss the restriction I felt in the beginning.

That's great! You are still losing even without restriction and that's something to be proud of! I am feeling so much better now since my fill. I eat my 1/2 of cup and stay satisfied for 3-4 hours after. Lost 2 pounds since Tuesday.

That's great! You are still losing even without restriction and that's something to be proud of! I am feeling so much better now since my fill. I eat my 1/2 of cup and stay satisfied for 3-4 hours after. Lost 2 pounds since Tuesday.

Thanks! That makes me feel good to hear that. And congrats on your 2lbs in less than a week!!!

Had my first band fill yesterday, didn't feel a thing. I now have 5.8 I a 10cc band. All fine. I have lost in total in 7 weeks (with the 2weeks predict 27lb, really pleased, so with the fill I hope to continue to loose a few pounds a week too.

Hi all. Had my first fill last Tuesday, I think the nurse used a blunt needle! Was slightly stingy I have list 14 lds since pre op , that's mainly. Due to pre and post op diet.

Have found the hard way that if you don't follow the 20 20 20 rule unpleasant things happen.

Next fill in 4 weeks time with luck,, Think I have 9 ml injected in total. Well done to all February banders

Way to go!!! I also got my first fill today. 4cc is what he put in. Definitely feel like I did the day after surgery. Which is a good thing...zero fill was getting tough. I did manage to lose a little more than 4lbs in the past 4 weeks. Last week was zero....and only like 1.3 and 1.2 the 2 weeks before that. But it WAS a loss. Nurse said that several come in the first fill appt with a small gain because of the no restriction. So, that definitely made me feel better. Looking forward to getting on that losing hill again.

Oh, I forgot...I didn't even feel the needle.

Edited by scubachick

Ok so....I just left the dr office for an unfill of my first fill. I will explain later what happened but 4cc was too much. Now at 3cc and worlds of difference

Ok so....I just left the dr office for an unfill of my first fill. I will explain later what happened but 4cc was too much. Now at 3cc and worlds of difference

Sorry to hear that. Hope this unfill works much better for you. Your doctor is like mine and is aggressive with his fills. My first fill was 2 weeks ago on the 18th of 2.6 and I just had my 2nd fill on Tuesday which was on the 1st. I now have 4.2 cc's. I been able to eat 3 meals a day with no snacking, and I can go 4-5 hrs without eating now.

It is TONS better. And here is a breakdown of what happened:

Tuesday 11am: fill of 4 cc...drink half of Water they gave me in small sips, lots of bubbles/gurgling with each sip. Felt exactly like the recovery room after surgery feeling. Not coming out of my ears (sarcasm) so this should be ok.

Noon: drive thru panera bread and pick up 3 cups Soup, 2 Tomato, 1 French onion. Stop in parking lot, get about 3-4 spoons and lots of gurgles, not really hungry. Make the 2.5 hr drive home.

Get home about 4pm (stopped for some shoe shopping prior), finish the Tomato Soup I started. Slowly. Go take daughter to softball practice.

Return home at 8:30pm, try the French onion...2 spoons and it comes up within minutes. Tried ice Water, slowly, it goes down. Go to bed.

Wednesday 6:30am-11am finally got down half of my 11oz Protein drink. Every drink was gurgles and burps. No lunch, not feeling it.

2pm-4pm have 3 spoons of line sherbert shake, thinking the cold would help possible swelling. It stays down and I think hey maybe we are getting better.

6pm, try the 2nd tomato soup...no go. It came back up after about 2 oz. Tried grape juice, 4 oz, comes back up in 15 mins. Drank more ice water (not much) , went to bed.

Thursday morning (today) drink ice water 6:30 am on my way to work. Probably 3 sips. Lots of gurgles. Get to work, thinking I may need to call doctor at 9am. Try one last ditch effort with coffee...added sugar and Creamer (haven't had anything basically since Monday night)...drink about 3 oz and it comes back up. Call doctor, def wants me to come in today.

Make the drive and arrive about 2pm. He removes 1cc....Heaven. I could drink the water effortlessly. Went back to panera bread, order same Soups...ate French onion first and could eat the entire cup. Success! Full until after 8pm. Drive back home.

CRAZINESS!!!

My doctor apologized profusely. He said it's not often someone gets that tight on their first fill. He said I may be lucky and find my green zone a lot sooner.

On an upside, according to dr scales, I lost almost 3lbs in 48 hrs. Lol!

I got on the scales today....I lost 7.5lbs this week for a total of 39.3lbs. Happy dance!!!!

(I lost a little over 2lbs from last Sunday morning to Wednesday night....Tuesday I got the overfill and couldn't eat. I lost an additional 5.5 since Wednesday night)

Congratulations, Scubachick ! Awesome progress! Thanks for the info about your fill, too.

Hi everyone! Glad to see everyone is doing so well with their bands. I was banded on Wednesday. Have been on a clear liquid diet since- only broth, Water, Jello, popsicles, & g2 gatorade. Omg! I'm about to crack! I've never been so ready for a Protein Shake. Wednesday is my post op appointment. Keeping my fingers crossed for some weight loss... and a FULL liquid diet!

Hi everyone! Glad to see everyone is doing so well with their bands. I was banded on Wednesday. Have been on a clear liquid diet since- only broth, Water, Jello, popsicles, & g2 gatorade. Omg! I'm about to crack! I've never been so ready for a Protein Shake. Wednesday is my post op appointment. Keeping my fingers crossed for some weight loss... and a FULL liquid diet!

Heeeeey Gurl!!! I says wondering how you were? I shouted you out on my Vlog . Congrats on being banded!!

Hi. Long time no speak. How's it going. It seems ages ago when we where banded. Lost just over two stone not as much as they would like but I'm fine with it. Had to have a unfill three weeks ago band was to tight.

Hi, Andy and February Team

I have lost 50 pounds...but I lost it from late January to June...have been stuck on same three or four pounds (up and down) since. I'm starting to feel really discouraged. I'm only at 3.7 cc in my band. I know I am not eating as well as I should be, but I still feel like this should be moving even a little bit every week. Anybody have any advice??