Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some Fitbit Force Owners Complain Of Severe Skin Irritation

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/13/fitbit-force-rashes_n_4590859.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Don't own one so I can't personally comment, but I thought the article interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/13/fitbit-force-rashes_n_4590859.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Don't own one so I can't personally comment, but I thought the article interesting.

I confess I didn't read the entire article but I did research this pretty extensively and there were just too many reasons not to get the Force. I recently got the Flex and I love it.

I just got the fit bit flex on Saturday night & I love it! It does not irritate my skin at all. I think it's definitely helping me get those steps in and get off my hiney! It also tracks sleep and I get poor sleep (see the time - lol) - so I'm trying to work on all this :)

I've had a Force for over a month now, no issues.

Do you have a suggested preference between the force or the flex? I have a nice watch that I wear every day and plan to wear this on the opposite wrist. I've seen them at best buy but not sure how silly it'll be to wear a normal watch and then the fitbit.

I have the fit bit flex. I really like it. It is recommended that you wear the flex on your non-dominate hand (which is my left). I started wearing my watch on my right wrist which takes a little getting used to but it's do-able. I can't speak of the fit bit force, it was more expensive and that's why I went for the flex.

I got the flex because I wanted to wear a watch too, and it's smaller. I wear it on my dominant band, but you can tell it you are doing that on the settings and it will account for it. The flex is waterproof so you can technically wear it while doing dishes etc, but it can get a bit funky so don't. Also don't wear it super tight. Your skin needs to breathe. I actually prefer to wear it so the clasp is on the top of my wrist and the sensor is underneath. It fits me better.

Love the force hate the clasp but hear it's the same as the flex clasp-any tips for keeping it on?

Love the force hate the clasp but hear it's the same as the flex clasp-any tips for keeping it on?

If it's not secure enough it will practically fall off at the slightest nudge. The little fingers have to snap into the holes. This can be difficult at first but gets easier with use.

I have the flex and if I wear it so tight that it doesn't move a little, it gets Water, etc between the band and the skin that will not dry and thus causes some irritation. I just loosened it one peg and haven't had a problem since.

Do you have a suggested preference between the force or the flex? I have a nice watch that I wear every day and plan to wear this on the opposite wrist. I've seen them at best buy but not sure how silly it'll be to wear a normal watch and then the fitbit.

Honestly (and I want someone to tell me differently) the only difference I see with the force is that it has a display when you press the button. You get time, steps taken so far today, floors climbed, miles traveled, floors climbed, etc. Seems to me I would get the Flex first then upgrade to a Force if I really really thought I needed it.

Honestly (and I want someone to tell me differently) the only difference I see with the force is that it has a display when you press the button. You get time, steps taken so far today, floors climbed, miles traveled, floors climbed, etc. Seems to me I would get the Flex first then upgrade to a Force if I really really thought I needed it.

A couple of major difference for me... first.. the force is built into the band so if you have a problem with the band sour screwed. The flex band can be switched out for a different one or different color. The force is also considerably wider. I like the low profile of the flex. Just looks like one of those rubber arm bands and people aren't asking me what it is all the time.

That's what I'm struggling with too. I like the display option of my steps but I don't care about the time. I like the lower profile of the flex though.

I wear my watch and my flex both on my left wrist which is not my dominate wrist and I don't have any problems although my watch goes on the larger part of my wrist because I wear the small fitbit flex band with room to spare.

I have had my Flex since August and I love it! About a couple of months ago I was getting a little skin irritation and switched wrists. I also stopped wearing when I showered and that helped. I have since switched back to my left wrist (non-dominate) and no longer have skin irritation. So I believe that moisture was the problem even though you are able to get the band wet. My daughter and I got ours at the same time, she took the small bands and I the large. But now I am ready to switch to the small so I am going to order some in different colors to change up the look occasionally :)