Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4 weeks out today and my plan says I'm allowed to have soft flakey fish.. Would grilled shrimp be in that category as well? I'm going to a work lunch in and trying to figure out my options (:

Shrimp is pretty dense, so I would guess not. I think they are referring to some of the whitefish varieties which are able to break down relatively easy. If you take small bites and chew the bejesus out of it, you will most likely be fine. My guess, though, depending on size, is you will only be able to have one or two, so don't push it. You are only 4 weeks out, so remember that.

Myself, I ate tuna all mushed up with ranch at 4 weeks and could only eat what would fit on two small pieces of cheese, so not much. I think shrimp came into my diet at about 4 months.

Just take it easy and listen to what your body is telling you. Don't rush into the next bite.

I agree, you would spend more time trying to chew it to death than would be worth it! Try for cup of Soup or baked/grilled fish. Twice I was out for lunch since surgery 11/18, and it was comfortable with a light Soup. It felt great! I am almost 8 weeks out and have not attempted shrimp. I have some ready to chop into a good seafood chowder I plan to concoct when I get an urge lol! I am not getting any urges to cook because I know when I cook I will eat more!

tuna was my go-to when I was on mushy solids. Shrimp, especially grilled, is kinda tough and sinewy. Best to save it for later on. But tuna and ranch dressing sounds good. Hmm... now I'm hungry. Gee thanks, PDX :P

Tilapia, sole, sea bass, sashimi all worked for me at 4 weeks. Lots of tuna salad too.

I think if I eat one more egg I'll scream! Lol they're starting to make me sick even thinking about them. Chose tilapia at lunch in today- it was delicious and I have enough left for like 4 more meals haha!

Salmon and trout r good too

Tilapia is a good choose. I ate a lot of it. I have no problems with shrimp. I've been eating it for a 2 weeks now. I'm almost 2 months out.

I keep seeing refried Beans mentioned, but those have a ton of carbs in them. Did your nutritionists recommend that, or are you all just kind of going with it? I ask because my nut said no, but it seems like a really easy mushy stage food (plus I luv them!)

anyone eat swrodfish? im planning to have this friday night for dinner im a little over 2 months out

anyone eat swrodfish? im planning to have this friday night for dinner im a little over 2 months out

swordfish is rather dense try a white fish instead

Trust me, you cannot eat a lot of refried Beans, a little will fill you up. We were given tons of information by our surgeon and nutritionist and refried beans was one of the first things mentioned when on mushy. Carbs we don't worry about, you will only eat less than 1/4 cup at a time, most likely. Good luck!

I keep seeing refried Beans mentioned, but those have a ton of carbs in them. Did your nutritionists recommend that, or are you all just kind of going with it? I ask because my nut said no, but it seems like a really easy mushy stage food (plus I luv them!)

My NUT isn't as worried about carbs as a lot of NUTs. She said if I stay in my calorie range and hit my Protein goals, there isn't much else to worry about. She is more about people eating sustainably and teaching how to eat without depriving ourselves. She even gave me suggestions (not just salads) for various restaurants/fast food places.

I am 2 months out from RNY and have been almost living on shrimp for a month... I can eat 3-4 and get a lot of protein.. Cheap date in a resturant! Shrimp cocktails are my go to. I was allowed refried Beans at a month out.. I don't eat meat so shellfish really helps.. Chew and chew but be sure to listen to your pouch! I had my surgery nov 18th also.. Down 53#s .. Entered ONEderland today!!