Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stall over! ONE-derland at last! :)

It finally happened! After 9 days stuck at 216, and FIVE WEEKS stuck at 206, I’m at 199 and down to a size 14! Woohoo! B)

The only bad thing is, when I tell co-workers, family or friends about the new milestones and that have only 50-ish pounds to go to goal of 150, they gasp in disbelief that I could possible lose that much more and not look sick and they don’t believe that I weight 199 still. Guess it’s because of my height (5’7”) and have always carried my weight (and muscle) well…but have weighed less than 150 (a sickly 113 way back when, but a healthy and sexy 140 as well) so I know it’s doable…but who knows? Maybe will be happy at 160 or 170 but 150 puts me squarely in the health weight department for my height and build.

Keep up the good (but hard!) work everyone!

Happy Moan-day! :blink:

Wendy

Reading, PA

Thank you so much for sharing this status update! I needed it. I've been stuck since 12/26. I'll move a few ounces up and down, but essentially stuck. It's always good to see the reminder that stalls happen and they do break....eventually.

Congrats on hitting onederland! What a great way to start the week. Woo-hoo!

Awesome!! Way to go!

May I ask how many calories you are doing? I upped mine to 900 a few weeks ago because I've been working out consistently and now I'm wondering if I'm too low. I've read you should be getting 1,000 if you're working out. But I'm not losing at 900 so I'm afraid to increase.

Congrats.

May I ask how many calories you are doing? I upped mine to 900 a few weeks ago because I've been working out consistently and now I'm wondering if I'm too low. I've read you should be getting 1,000 if you're working out. But I'm not losing at 900 so I'm afraid to increase.

Hi, Sassy,

I vary widely between my guestimate 700 and 1000 a day but have stopped "counting" seriously like I was, with myfitnesspal.com's calculators. I do work out (mainly lots of walking, peppered with Total Gym workout at home (short, but sweet), yoga for abs, etc. Am trying to "listen" to my body and focus on eating my Proteins earlier in the day, so I can eat more veggies (namely, stuff with Fiber so I can poo! lol) later in the evening. Am back to drinking more Water and making sure the Protein is priority. Think a lot of us get tired of eating the same things and waver a little after 6 weeks or so and that screws us up. At least that's my take on it. Plus the body is still fighting your weight loss.

Wasn't losing anything or just minimal when the average was 600-800, and same level of activity. So 800-1000 with moderate activity seems to be MY sweet spot (your mileage may vary, of course).

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Am sure there will be more stalls but we will all persevere! :)

Nice I can't wait to be below 200, I was stuck at 225 forever (2 weeks) my scale is finally moving again :-) Keep up the hard work.

I'm only 2 weeks post op. Is it normal for me to be at a stall point already? I don't know what's going on!! :(

I'm only 2 weeks post op. Is it normal for me to be at a stall point already? I don't know what's going on!! :(

I stalled at 2 weeks out too. Lasted for almost 2 weeks but then dropped 4 lbs. and have been steadily losing since. I'm at 4 weeks and have lost 30.4 lbs!!! Feel great. Don't fret because weight loss will continue

Good job! That is awesome and I hope to say the same soon!!! I was losing really easily until about 2 weeks ago. I've been stuck between 203-205 for 2.5 weeks. SOOOOOO very close to the 100's....it's taunting me. I really don't know what else to do except keep focusing on Protein & Water and eventually it has to pick back up again..... Sigh.

I noticed that when I upped my cals, then that helped too. It didn't end stall but once over weight came off