Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG sitting here waiting on driver from OCC HE'S ALMOST 2 hours late!

Ok has anyone else had this problem? I'm sitting here in the San Diego airport and about the time I was about to have a full blown melt down he calls. An HOUR after he's supposed to be here to tell me he's sitting at the boarder. I couldn't pull up the emails with the consignor a # on it I haven eaten much today and I feel like I wanna kill this dude. Then he calls again and has the nerve to say " can you please wait outside I'm 30 min away? Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!

Tell him to kiss your you know what and to do his job!!! I would definitely call whoever you arranged this with and make sure you don't get the same jerk to take you back... Good luck tho with this and your surgery.

Unfortunately that happens trying to cross the border. Hang in there all will be fine soon!

Sorry to hear you are going through these frustrations. Remember that you will be dealing with a culture that is not time driven so they will not understand your frustration with them being late. Try to remain calm and be patient, you won't help yourself if you are all wound up. Take a deep breath and tell yourself this is all for a good cause. Keep your eye on the prize and you will be home in a few days where you will again be in charge of what goes on around you.

Sorry this is happening. Yes, that can happen at the boarder but for the service you are paying for, they should be making sure they are there 30 minutes before you! Even if it means leaving 2 hours earlier.

No excuse for that.

Sorry about the wait! Last Month crossing the Mexican border was crazy. The car didn't move one bit and waited 1 hr and 30 min to get through the border line. It's not the mans fault but maybe he should have left earlier to avoid this.

I went through OCC. Keep in mind that there is only one driver (I believe) and perhaps everyone's flights didn't quite line up so that he could go there and back several times throughout the day in a timely fashion. The border can be a bit unpredictable. I'm sure he is doing his best, I found Joel to be quite helpful. He got us through massive lines going back to San Diego very quickly!

Good luck to you! OCC is fantastic!

I'm not sure who my driver was. Honestly I was so pissed all I wanted to do was get to the hotel. Come to find out there were ppl with a several hours later flight than ours and they were picked up Ontime. He claimed he was stuck at the boarder but he waited an hour to call and I was afraid. Also I called him back from the # he called me from and it was a landline. So clearly he lied when saying he was sitting in traffic. He did have a cell he called later on. My thinking is this:

If you have ppl coming to a foreign country for a service be there on time or call and explain why your late and what's going on BEFORE SOME DIETING WOMAN HAS A MELTDOWN!!! lol

I run a service biz and I wouldn't dream of allowing a client of mine to stand outside in the cold in a strange place alone for an hour....

Just saying!! If they know the crossing is time consuming then they need to leave home earlier. That's what we do. Thanks all I'm safe and sound.

I did run into 3 other OCC ladies all got done a few days ago and said it went great!! Please pray for me tomorrow and all of us ladies getting done tomorrow.

I'm sorry you have had such a stressful time today :( Try to take care of you and get some rest before your big day tomorrow. Prayers for a great surgery and smooth recovery!

Edited by adaisyandarose

Sorry your experience is starting off badly, but you will be well taken care of at OCC. The entire staff is very helpful, as is everyone at the Marriott. The others are right about the border crossing. You never know if it will be 20 minutes or 2 hours. And sometimes they will close it for many hours for no particular reason. But you're right, having to wait 2 hours while going to another country for a scary surgery must have been very stressful on you.

Ironically, my return trip with Joel (the OCC driver) was exactly opposite. There was one person in the group (my sister, actually) whose flight was a lot earlier than the rest of us. We would have never made it on time if there had been any delays at the border. So while we were doing our final checkup with Dr. So, Joel ran out and obtained a medical pass which let us skip the border lines and get through in 15 minutes. In fact, we were so early that I was able to get on another flight and get home 2 hours sooner than normal. In addition, another companion forgot his leather jacket in the lobby so Joel returned to OCC after dropping us off at the airport and brought it back to him before his flight left.

Anyways, try to get a good night's sleep and Good luck tomorrow!

Thank you bariatric pals!!??!! What would we do without the support of each other!!!

Many many loving prayers and grateful appreciations

Hey, Nolagirl! Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing. Probably still preop, but hoping things are going a little better this morning. I actually just read a post on another WLS about a gal having surgery through A Lighter Me that was waiting for her driver at the airport for 1 1/2 hours yesterday because he was stuck at the border, too. Bad day to be flying in I guess.

Anyways, keep us posted and sending you prayers for a successful surgery and smooth sailing.

Nolagirl, I hope your surgery went well today...update us when you can

Obesity Control Center.

Here is a thread on this forum with lots of personal stories from patients...

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/261806-dr-ariel-ortiz-and-obesity-control-center/page-46?hl=%2Bortiz#entry3318175

And here is their website...

www.obesitycontrolcenter.com

Definitely worth a look. I was sleeved by Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez on 12/20 and couldn't be more pleased with the care and personal attention I received before, during and after my surgery. PM me if you have any questions and good luck with your decision.