Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need so much help!

FYI, when i look at your post on my desktop computer, i see your full profile, including your surgeon's name.

Crap! I keep forgetting to change that since I use my mobile devices 99% of the time.

i would recommend a paleo autoimmune diet, and a trainer who has experience working with bariatric patients. you may want to read a book called "ultrametabolism." it explains how hard it is to lose weight when your body is having an inflammation crisis. (which it sounds like it is based on your symptoms) feel free to PM me for more info.

Thank you! I'll look into that!

You can find the pouch test on line for free, there is something here called "Divas Boot Camp" that some swear by, others use the 5:2 (like me) to get the pounds moving. We do not have a pouch, the test is used by people who have gotten RNY surgery mostly.

Due to a possible lawsuit I cannot give my surgeons name. But I did have my surgery in southern Indiana

FYI, when i look at your post on my desktop computer, i see your full profile, including your surgeon's name.

I don't mind, Im not worried about a lawsuit... but I can see Lizv123 surgeons name...

You can find the pouch test on line for free, there is something here called "Divas Boot Camp" that some swear by, others use the 5:2 (like me) to get the pounds moving. We do not have a pouch, the test is used by people who have gotten RNY surgery mostly. I don't mind, Im not worried about a lawsuit... but I can see Lizv123 surgeons name...

I've tried Diva's boot camp and had success the first couple of times (a few months out from my hospital release) but since then, nothing. And I've done a solid Protein sleeve capacity test (essentially the same as a pouch test I think) and was so depressed by how much my stomach could actually hold.

I think until I can get this Hashi's testing rolling I may try 5:2 next week. My only concern is with my hypoglycemia. The "fasting" days may not work.

It's so frustrating to still be taking the time to measure and pay so much attention to eating Protein heavy foods and avoiding carbs as much as possible with no results :/

I, personally, would not do 5:2 with the hypoglycemia. I wouldn't risk it with everything else you have going on.

It's been a year, I've followed my diet to a T. In that year (and 2 months) I've been diagnosed as hypoglycemic, had a huge jump in fibro pain, dealing with permanent leak complications, osteiarthritis has gotten worse, had my surgeon treat me like sh!t, looking at potential surgery for my now almost exposed tailbone, and only lost 60-65lbs (haven't been on a scale in awhile.) a sleeve test showed my sleeve can hold: wait for it- 16 ounces! I've measured and weighed everything. The sleeve has been crap for me. Low carb and high Protein has obviously done all it can and even my dietician is at a loss. So- what do you do when the sleeve stops working? It's time for other diet options. Sensa, maybe? Guide me. Advise me. Help me. I am NOT satisfied, I'm still "obese" and very depressed to have gone through so much with such minimal results.

Heeeeelp!

Well I definitely don't suggest Sensa. They're currently being sued for being fake. That said, the sleeve will never stop working. It holds what it will, it's up to us to make the decision on what we put in it. 2 cups is a bit more than most but truthfully if you eat a lot of veggies with your Protein you will still stay low in calories. Eat veggies that are a little higher on the glycemic index to offset the hypoglycemia.

Also, I totally understand being in pain all the time. But it is very important for ourselves to find some kind of physical activity that gets the heart rate up and mix in some muscle toning that your body can handle. Helps your body to get additional calories out during the day.

How is your Water consumption too? That too is very high on the importance scale. GOOD LUCK!

I eat a LOT of veggies, they fill me up and they taste good, add Fiber and nutrition. There are plenty that are low in calories. I eat pots of veggie Soup, salads, and stir fries. I can eat 3 cups of veggie soup! Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, greens, brussels sprouts, peppers, tomatoes... you can almost eat these without even counting the cals they are so low. Throw in a little potato with skin, carrots, corn other root veggies to add flavor and variety.... I am a vegetarian so I add a little olive oil and veggie Protein, and that makes a fantastic meal weather cold, hot, wet or dry! (Im talking about the food, not the weather :P) I have come up with combos of the tastes I like, and just make those time after time. Mexican, curry, Italian, Cajun, Thai, Mandarin.... so many flavors to choose from!

I have a pot of chicken tortilla on cooking now! :). I'll go light on the chips when I eat or not add any but it will be GOOD today!

My mom has had fibro for years. She can't take any of the traditional meds for it because if there's a side effect...she gets it. She finally went to a fibro specialty clinic down in southern Arizona. They did a ton of testing to see exactly what things cause systemic inflammation and flare up her fibro. She's always known she was gluten and lactose intolerant, but only considered it an "inconvenience" that irritated her GI Tract. Well it was confirmed that the dairy and gluten and a TON of other food exacerbate her fibro. Ironically, the soy and almond milk she had been drinking all these years were near the top of her list. So she has a huge list of foods to completely cut out for now as well as being on a natural cortisol to help reduce inflammation in her body. The food restrictions have been very tough, but she has noticed a difference and is finally feeling better than she has in years.

So maybe finding someone to approach your fibro from another angle could help with your pain levels. Chronic pain is extremely debilitating even without your other issues. (I know, preaching to the choir)

My mom has had fibro for years. She can't take any of the traditional meds for it because if there's a side effect...she gets it. She finally went to a fibro specialty clinic down in southern Arizona. They did a ton of testing to see exactly what things cause systemic inflammation and flare up her fibro. She's always known she was gluten and lactose intolerant, but only considered it an "inconvenience" that irritated her GI Tract. Well it was confirmed that the dairy and gluten and a TON of other food exacerbate her fibro. Ironically, the soy and almond milk she had been drinking all these years were near the top of her list. So she has a huge list of foods to completely cut out for now as well as being on a natural cortisol to help reduce inflammation in her body. The food restrictions have been very tough, but she has noticed a difference and is finally feeling better than she has in years. So maybe finding someone to approach your fibro from another angle could help with your pain levels. Chronic pain is extremely debilitating even without your other issues. (I know, preaching to the choir)

Well turns out my lovely (sarcasm) state of Indiana passed some new bill requiring any pain medication (and other drugs) that is prescribed has to be done so by an office that accommodate a physical for the given condition. This may not seem like a big deal to most people but my doctor (a psychiatrist who has chronic pain herself and also runs a suboxone PROGRAM, not clinic) who has been in charge of all my medications aside from the random ear infection and my gyn stuff now has to stop giving me my medication and I have to find a new doctor. This notice to me came on the same day she delivered bad news about my blood work, my SED rate is 75 and there was some mention of sciatica PLUS lupus, cancer, etc because my white cell count was really high, too. But my increased SED explains why I'm in MORE pain than I was previous to the sleeve. To the surgeon that said I was lying about pain....SUCK ON THAT!

So I get to find another doctor.

And go through allllll this again. Who knows what crazy diet, drug, or therapy I may have to try next. Mrrrrph. Hopefully something will get figured out about my pain and complete stop of weightloss.

She also had done the Hashi's tests when I had my labs done. Everything checked out fine there. Here's to finding the next thing!

I'm sorry to hear how rotten you're feeling! I have Lupus and I hope you don't...but if you ever have questions about that, I will try to help! :D

I'm sorry to hear how rotten you're feeling! I have Lupus and I hope you don't...but if you ever have questions about that, I will try to help! :D

Thank you :) I pm'd ya!

Lupus sounds scary and always makes me want to watch House haha! I need a Dr. House! My body is a mystery, my medical files read like a novel lol

OT: Melixxa... I love your avatar. :) That WAS my favorite show as a teenie bopper.

Liv, please keep us updated. Wishing you all the best.

LilMissDiva, I loved the show too! My whole family--well the female side--did! My brother hates that picture though...It really creeps him out to see my face on Brenda's body!

Liv, I can't find your PM. Please send again, if you can. :D